ELORAAM

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zenthon_127

Jul 29, 2019
At one point, the TE tabs were a rewrite of BC's tabs, which were a port of Forestry's tabs. In fact, some of the improvements TE made filtered back to Forestry, and yet not to BC, oddly enough.

Then I threw all of that nonsense away and the current CoFH tabs are an element in the modular GUI system that CoFH now uses. There's still some similarity, however, as there's not a whole lot of great ways to write the code and Sengir about nailed it the first time.
Oh, I was talking about functionality, personally. Forestry was the first in the general area of tabs but TE2/3 was the first in using tabs for redstone control and import/export management.

King Lemming

Jul 29, 2019
Leaving my own opinions out, I'm not sure Elo would really like RF. Her blutricity recipes were very "tedious", as many here would say, more tedious then the old 1.4 gregtech recipes when I lasted played it. Thermal expansion is very cheap compared to Elo's version of balance (not saying that's bad, or one's better then another), so I wouldn't expect Elo would require CoFHCore in any new versions.

As for FMP, as an active member of the IC2 forums I've heard greg say many times that he "won't support those Scala based things". Kinda funny @King Lemming is disliking it too, good programers think alike I guess.

Oh I don't dislike it. FMP is a brilliant concept, and I think FMP-compatible ducts would be great. Thing is, we also need a *non-FMP* version of the duct as well just incase those bugs can't be ironed out.

SynfulChaot

Jul 29, 2019
Oh I don't dislike it. FMP is a brilliant concept, and I think FMP-compatible ducts would be great. Thing is, we also need a *non-FMP* version of the duct as well just incase those bugs can't be ironed out.

In case of non-FMP ducts, would there be added a way to keep adjacent pipes from connecting? That's something that'll be sorely needed in the absence of FMP. Plus it'll look prettier than panels in-between.

Eyamaz

Jul 29, 2019

Having CB put a release version out and say, "build on version X," instead of having everyone build on different versions would be a great start...

epidemia78

Jul 29, 2019
If mojang would stop with the pointless updates then all of this hand wringing would be a moot point. Its not Eloraams fault that most of the minecraft community is a bunch of barely literate spoiled brats who flood forums with the same demands over and over. I dont get why people give into their demands. Its not her fault that players and modders cant just agree to stick with one version for a while. Ill update when something new and exciting comes along. Like RP4 maybe.

King Lemming

Jul 29, 2019
If mojang would stop with the pointless updates then all of this hand wringing would be a moot point. Its not Eloraams fault that most of the minecraft community is a bunch of barely literate spoiled brats who flood forums with the same demands over and over. I dont get why people give into their demands. Its not her fault that players and modders cant just agree to stick with one version for a while. Ill update when something new and exciting comes along. Like RP4 maybe.

o_0

I agree with you more than you know, and a lot of modders do as well, in so far as the one version thing. Thankfully, 1.7, for all of its flaws, is probably a pretty good one to stick with for a while. The ID changes are good.

Adonis0

Jul 29, 2019
o_0

I agree with you more than you know, and a lot of modders do as well, in so far as the one version thing. Thankfully, 1.7, for all of its flaws, is probably a pretty good one to stick with for a while. The ID changes are good.
Yes, ID changes are so good

Might as well ask you while you're here, does the ID changes mean that it's easier to update from 1.7-> 1.8 for instance?
That'd definitely be something that'd help getting back into modding if you know that you don't have to do massive amounts of work every version change that you want to do

Qazplm601

Lord of the Tumbleweeds
Sep 21, 2013
Where else?
Yes, ID changes are so good

Might as well ask you while you're here, does the ID changes mean that it's easier to update from 1.7-> 1.8 for instance?
That'd definitely be something that'd help getting back into modding if you know that you don't have to do massive amounts of work every version change that you want to do
yep. instead of dealing with ID's as long as your block has the same name in 1.7 and 1.8 it should(tm) be fine.

xbony2

WikiWorker
Wiki Staff
FTB Mod Dev
Jul 3, 2013
America
ftb.gamepedia.com
I think mods not sticking to a certain version is good. There have been many changes in minecraft, like lose of IDs, adjustably sound, etc, that could only be added by Mojang. Other mods could add things like that, but it would cause incompatibilities with other mods. When Mojang change/break things, modders work to fix them and adjust their mods to the changes. With 1.7 sound changes, most mods make their sound volume be configurable in a certain bar thingy. When other mods change/break things, no one cares. No one (most modders) wants to adjust to MCPC+/Cauldron.

Reactions: 1SDAN

Eyamaz

Jul 29, 2019
o_0

The ID changes are good, but Blood's async chunk loading PR was pulled into forge the other day. Hopefully, this will be a big performance boost for players.

RealSketch

Jul 29, 2019
IKR. Every month they update at least once. It really is impossible to keep up with.
At least once every mod updates to 1.7 future updates will be a lot easier.

l3lackCalamity

Jul 29, 2019

To be fair, Mojang will not have released a major minecraft version in close to a year by the time 1.8 comes out. Minecraft is a living community and I would never slow that down for a few hobbyists from one of its sector.

Last edited:

immibis

Jul 29, 2019
Oh I don't dislike it. FMP is a brilliant concept, and I think FMP-compatible ducts would be great.

About 100% of the uses of FMP+ducts are just to either stop ducts connecting, or cover them up. Don't you think FMP is way overkill for that? Facades are good for covering things. For preventing connections, maybe wrenching a duct connection would remove it (just between those two ducts) like the ThaumCraft essentia tubes.

Of course, neither was considered a problem in Minecraft 1.1. How times have changed...

Adonis0

Jul 29, 2019
About 100% of the uses of FMP+ducts are just to either stop ducts connecting, or cover them up. Don't you think FMP is way overkill for that? Facades are good for covering things. For preventing connections, maybe wrenching a duct connection would remove it (just between those two ducts) like the ThaumCraft essentia tubes.

Of course, neither was considered a problem in Minecraft 1.1. How times have changed...
We're getting the privileged generation coming into the scene now :p

Status
Not open for further replies.