ELORAAM

Status
Not open for further replies.

RavynousHunter

Jul 29, 2019
I, personally, look forward to the RP2 pumps making a comeback. They're the only thing I've found that could not only suck up fluids, but also eject them without needing a special kind of pipe; all you had to do was run a grate on the reverse end. If nothing else, it was great for making pools. That, and I just liked how they worked and operated when compared to their BC counterparts. No, I didn't mention IC2 because nobody uses IC2 pumps.

Reactions: Succubism

Mevansuto

Jul 29, 2019
I, personally, look forward to the RP2 pumps making a comeback. They're the only thing I've found that could not only suck up fluids, but also eject them without needing a special kind of pipe; all you had to do was run a grate on the reverse end. If nothing else, it was great for making pools. That, and I just liked how they worked and operated when compared to their BC counterparts. No, I didn't mention IC2 because nobody uses IC2 pumps.

This is quite similar to the way RI's pump works. Calclavia's mods do a lot of things RP2 did. I hear (not sourced) that UE 3.2 is going to be an awful lot like Blutricity.

Azzanine

Jul 29, 2019
Yeah, I loved tubes back in the day, but lets be honest RP2's only competition was BC pipes... I don't even think AE was even around back in RP2's heyday, maybe near the end of it I am not 100% sure we may have had logistics pipes. Nowadays Pneumatic tubes have some stiff competition, they may be derivatives of Tubes but in the same way a young man is a derivative of their 80 year old grandfather. Elo is going to have to pull something very very exceptionally innovative to not just pipes but her entire mod if RP2 want's back in to the players hearts.

Also to me a tansposers/ grates where just a chunky pieces of "special pipe". Also RP2 pumps reliance on blutricity made them very very cumbersome (still better then IC2 pumps though).

RavynousHunter

Jul 29, 2019
Isn't UE already a lot like blutricity in that it works off how actual electricity functions, just a bit...simplified?

Azzanine

Jul 29, 2019
It's certainly styled more realistically than RF even if functionally there's little difference.

Yeah, my local power stations energy cubes have a really pretty green glow...
Not sure what you mean here, UE is Mekanism right? Not much of that stuff has a real world analog. Not that it needs to be but to say mekanism is realistic in style is umm kind of wrong. It has a sci-fi vibe to me and the Digital miner looks like a robot gorilla that poops ore...

Mevansuto

Jul 29, 2019
Yeah, my local power stations energy cubes have a really pretty green glow...
Not sure what you mean here, UE is Mekanism right? Not much of that stuff has a real world analog. Not that it needs to be but to say mekanism is realistic in style is umm kind of wrong. It has a sci-fi vibe to me and the Digital miner looks like a robot gorilla that poops ore...

Nope. Not even close.
Mekanism is no longer an UE Mod.

UE mods are Resonant Induction, MFFS, ICBM, Mad Science, MineChem, Open Computers, Galacticraft, MPS.

I was only really referring to RI when I was talking about realism.

Eruantien

Jul 29, 2019
I never really got too far into RP, but it looked and sounded awesome.
That said, I'm glad Eloraam's back, because the quality of her work is really excellent.
meow...

Reactions: Lawbroken

immibis

Jul 29, 2019
That being said, FMP can be useful for adding little flourishes to buildings. I use it for that, Morvelaira used it to make the AgSkies map and Kirindave's wife has made a lovely building that uses them a lot on their Yogscast series.

Yes.

Should these aesthetic features be conflated with the ability to disconnect ducts? Probably not.

I agree. We should get rid of slabs, stairs, and glass panes as well. I mean, who uses microblocks?
Absolutely, but good luck with that considering they're in vanilla. You'd need to keep either slabs or stairs, which are functional - they let you run up a slope.

Notch himself has said that if he could remove one thing from Minecraft, it would be partial blocks.

Adonis0

Jul 29, 2019
Insert fifty-five kilograms of trinitrotoluene into a bowl of sour apple Jell-O, fire a laser at it, and stand back.
Wait.
Strike that; reverse it.
Why not just try and make TNT yourself at home?
Just boil toluene in a hyper concentrated batch of nitric acid. Nothing could go wrong, I swear.
You most definitely won't get a blast of pink and blue across your kitchen

Status
Not open for further replies.