Eloraam has not disappeared. (random half related topics)

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here
Status
Not open for further replies.

Saice

Jul 29, 2019
You know it is shame someone might have a job that pays better then making mods for a game. And they might have to put in long hours at that job sometimes. Sometimes taken five minutes out of that heckit day is not really and option or it is not even crossing your mind becuase well you have this more importint thing call paying the bills that sort of has your focus.

When I see people all raging for lack of info form any dev that is working on a free project for a hobby I just mavarl at the level of self entitlment these days.

Stairmasternem

Jul 29, 2019
Unless they're someone who barely uses twitter, facebook, etc. like myself. Then these posts are helpful. If 40 people were repeating the same information in one thread then that would be a problem. But it's just one guy in a thread that he made for the very purpose of reporting updates on her returning.

Edit: That was a horribly broken statement beforehand. Fix'd.

Reactions: Lambert2191

Lambert2191

Jul 29, 2019
Its not that I dont care. But its still silly to post a a thread about something you heard on twitter. Unless your trolling
*you're

Elo has been quiet for quite some time now, I think the fact that she has started posting is worth getting just a little excited about, especially considering only today Slowpoke made a post saying that they will be dropping RP2 for the 1.5 version of the Ultimate pack. If you think this thread is worthless you really have no common sense whatsoever.

Reactions: whizzball1

DoctorOr

Jul 29, 2019
When I see people all raging for lack of info form any dev that is working on a free project for a hobby I just mavarl at the level of self entitlment these days.

You need to stop pretending that people want it updated so they can use it.

I want it updated so I can continue to not use it in 1.5.1. Right now it holds updating hostage.

southernfriedbb

Jul 29, 2019
*you're

Elo has been quiet for quite some time now, I think the fact that she has started posting is worth getting just a little excited about, especially considering only today Slowpoke made a post saying that they will be dropping RP2 for the 1.5 version of the Ultimate pack. If you think this thread is worthless you really have no common sense whatsoever.
In fairness to Slowpoke, the non-RP 1.5.x pack was going to be a private pack beta at first.

whizzball1

Jul 29, 2019
A lot of people want badly to use it. Like me. I need comparators. But vanilla comparators are not good enough for me. I need Forth compatible comparators, that measure Bundled Cable Signals.

Jyzarc

Jul 29, 2019
*you're

From the beginning of this I thought it was a bit weird that people were making such a big deal about her being "missing" for a month or two. But after a while I thought due to how everyone was reacting that maybe someone had word she was quitting or something. I do think it was silly for Etho to say something like that but I guess he didnt know how badly the community would twist it. I am very excited that we may be getting a 1.5 update very soon without losing anything. I dont think we need a thread for it. Because 1.6 will roll out and the same thing will happen again

Saice

Jul 29, 2019
You need to stop pretending that people want it updated so they can use it.

I want it updated so I can continue to not use it in 1.5.1. Right now it holds updating hostage.

So ever other mod is done now. We are totaly ready to launch this as 1.5.1 nothing else is still pending?

Well thats good to know then.

hutchkc

Jul 29, 2019
4 more, responses to other tweets. I just asked her if she has established contact with Slow yet. Also, most likely, there will be no pack without it, Hutch, as of an hour ago. We now know she is alive and that is a reason for Slow to take back the news. Also, Hutch, HOW COULD YOU EVER EVER SAY THAT?! ;) Rant over.

I guess it will depend on an ETA but I suspect it will still occur since Slow already knew she was alive when he made the announcement. Since RP causes as much drama as it does and falls into the love/hate category and each side seems to have their heels dug in I think forking the pack is the best way to solve some of the drama. We kinda did that for GT, although it's configs and not truly packs. That way each can get the one they want and when 1.6 comes around we don't have to go through the flame wars over and over again.

Lambert2191

Jul 29, 2019
I guess it will depend on an ETA but I suspect it will still occur since Slow already knew she was alive when he made the announcement. Since RP causes as much drama as it does and falls into the love/hate category and each side seems to have their heels dug in I think forking the pack is the best way to solve some of the drama. We kinda did that for GT, although it's configs and not truly packs. That way each can get the one they want and when 1.6 comes around we don't have to go through the flame wars over and over again.
I don't know...
The FTB team had an AMA (Ask me anything) on twitter and here was my post/his response:

Code:
[–]Lambert2191 13 points 5 hours ago

You (slowpoke101) said in your latest post on the forums that you're in contact with Eloraam, do you know if she still has intentions of updating but is just too busy, or is she finished with the Redpower project entirely?
permalinkeditdeletereply

[–]slowpoke101Team Awesome 22 points 5 hours ago

I havent personally spoken to Eloraam in a while, all I know is that she is fine, just really busy in real life. Essentially I know as much about an update to Redpower as you do.

Now, I'm pretty sure with Elo's return that will have changed, and I wouldn't be surprised to see that pack being held back maybe a week while RP2 updates
(also, as previously mentioned, Rp2 isn't the only mod to not update, Thaumcraft/Soul Shards etc are amongst other hugely popular mods to not update)

Reactions: RedBoss
Status
Not open for further replies.