Dumb Modular Powersuit Tricks

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

DZCreeper

Jul 29, 2019
CoFH core has the ability to use HD skins and capes? Well, guess that means I have to texture myself an HD skin and upscale my existing hd cape.

Greyed

Jul 29, 2019
Hey Muse, I checked all the messages of yours I could find and didn't see an answer to this, so hope it isn't a FAQ somewhere but... Are we gonna get the ability to power suits in an MJ power network? I have neither IC2 nor UE in my world. I plopped MPS in when DW20 hinted (and your site confirmed) that you and KL were working on some stuff together for MPS. Thanks much. :)

slay_mithos

Jul 29, 2019
A quick search on this topic didn't net any result, so I am sorry if it has been said before.

When I put the goggles of revealing on my helmet, it shows the aura meter and infos just fine, but I can't see the actual aura nodes.

I double checked with the tool that lets you locate the nodes (that you also need for the goggles, and that I never remember the name of), and I indeed found a couple wisps lying around a small alcove, but no graphics for the actual node.

No big deal though, because I don't care much about seeing them, and I can always make a second pair of goggles just for that, but I wanted to know if it was a known issue or not.

MachineMuse

Jul 29, 2019
A quick search on this topic didn't net any result, so I am sorry if it has been said before.

When I put the goggles of revealing on my helmet, it shows the aura meter and infos just fine, but I can't see the actual aura nodes.

I double checked with the tool that lets you locate the nodes (that you also need for the goggles, and that I never remember the name of), and I indeed found a couple wisps lying around a small alcove, but no graphics for the actual node.

No big deal though, because I don't care much about seeing them, and I can always make a second pair of goggles just for that, but I wanted to know if it was a known issue or not.
Did you try reading the tooltip? -.-
Hey Muse, I checked all the messages of yours I could find and didn't see an answer to this, so hope it isn't a FAQ somewhere but... Are we gonna get the ability to power suits in an MJ power network? I have neither IC2 nor UE in my world. I plopped MPS in when DW20 hinted (and your site confirmed) that you and KL were working on some stuff together for MPS. Thanks much. :)
Soon...it is complete but he decided to do a refactor of his GUI system before releasing it... bastard!!

b0bst3r

Jul 29, 2019
I like powersuits mod but it has one major criticism from me and that is the default recipes are way too easy for what is basically flying around in creative mode and much faster than creative mode. Server was 2-3 days old and everyone had powersuits and flying about like crazy, server owner removed the mod and enabled only gregtech recipes which IMO for what you are getting is MUCH more balanced.

Please review the recipes and make them a lot harder to make by default.

MachineMuse

Jul 29, 2019
I like powersuits mod but it has one major criticism from me and that is the default recipes are way too easy for what is basically flying around in creative mode and much faster than creative mode. Server was 2-3 days old and everyone had powersuits and flying about like crazy, server owner removed the mod and enabled only gregtech recipes which IMO for what you are getting is MUCH more balanced.

Please review the recipes and make them a lot harder to make by default.
My defaults are to use gregtech recipes if Gregtech is installed. Editing (or deleting) the config file takes 2 seconds. Quit being a selfish baby.

MachineMuse

Jul 29, 2019
Also behold the Lux Capacitor:

2CYXZ.png

Still gotta iron out a few things (bounding boxes... and coloration) but they are pretty much working as a glowstone-level, tool-mounted light source. :)

Reactions: ApSciLiara and Yuka

Memorian

Jul 29, 2019
Not sure what they are, are they some sort of new torch like item that you can place with the tool?

at some point I'll only need 1 slot in my entire hotbar and that will hold the tool and nothing else

Ako_the_Builder

Jul 29, 2019
My defaults are to use gregtech recipes if Gregtech is installed. Editing (or deleting) the config file takes 2 seconds. Quit being a selfish baby.

I guess this has been changed since the version released with the 1.0.1 ultimate modpack, as both recipes are available in that. As much as I'd prefer the gtech recipe for something this powerful... the cheap one was there so it got used :)

Velotican

Jul 29, 2019
I guess this has been changed since the version released with the 1.0.1 ultimate modpack, as both recipes are available in that. As much as I'd prefer the gtech recipe for something this powerful... the cheap one was there so it got used :)

The FTB team don't use default configs. They seem to be using a very old config from around the 0.2.0.20 days patched up to the latest version. The default FTB configs still have the totally broken EU:J ratio for example.

Reactions: Ako_the_Builder

Ako_the_Builder

Jul 29, 2019
The FTB team don't use default configs. They seem to be using a very old config from around the 0.2.0.20 days patched up to the latest version. The default FTB configs still have the totally broken EU:J ratio for example.

Oh, I see. I expected ultimate to have default or hard, which would both be the gregtech. I don't know about the power ratio, my suit has kinetic and solar so never needs charging.

Velotican

Jul 29, 2019
The default EU:J power ratio these days is 0.4:1 which brings it in line with the traditional EU:MJ ratio. This is what you'd get if you deleted the config and had the mod generate a fresh one.

Revemohl

Jul 29, 2019
So that's why my power suit seemed to charge so fast on a ChargePad? Gasp. I feel silly.

MachineMuse

Jul 29, 2019
lol yeah sorry about that... I should have included a thing where config options only apply if you change them or something.