Dumb Modular Powersuit Tricks

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here
  • FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

KirinDave

Jul 29, 2019
voltage is like the human centipede, for it to flow there has to be an input and an output and an unblocked chain between them

... Orrrrrr we could just say "volts is the potential across two points."[DOUBLEPOST=1366646763][/DOUBLEPOST]
So ... players know about the mess in ModularPowersuit config?

I reported it some time ago, but as of Ultimate 1.0.2, it's still here, so i suppose FTB devloppers dont know/care about it.

We keep yelling about it and they keep ignoring us. Ultimate has a whole bunch of config bugs; powerconverters has a few as well.

I used to think the FTB team was super-good at keeping modpacks up to date and configuring them. I started doing it myself and I now have a lot of appreciation for what a tedious job it is; but I also know that the FTB maintainers for a few of the packs seem to be outright ignoring trivial-to-fix problems.

w1ckedzocki

Jul 29, 2019
I have a strange problem, it seems that there are only some gregtech recipes available for the suit and the add ons with FTB Ultimate 1.0.2. NEI doesnt show me any gregtech recipe for the armor for example.

KirinDave

Jul 29, 2019
I have a strange problem, it seems that there are only some gregtech recipes available for the suit and the add ons with FTB Ultimate 1.0.2. NEI doesnt show me any gregtech recipe for the armor for example.

Sadly, any bugs for Minecraft 1.4.7 involving gregtech and mmmPowersuits are very unlikely to be fixed. Some recipes will simply be broken forever. It's been a strong impetus for me to get up into the world of 1.5.1.

KirinDave

Jul 29, 2019
What's the mess?

The power values are old and the enabled recipes are wrong. You generally have only GT recipes enabled, or IC2 and any others you want, or just vanilla. Having vanilla recipes enabled with any of the others is a weird decision.

MachineMuse

Jul 29, 2019
volts = Joules per coulomb
amps = coulombs per second
watts = joules per second
watts = volts * amps

joules = watts * seconds

so X amps at Y volts for Z seconds is just X*Y*Z joules.

Bagman817

Jul 29, 2019
There is no beating Queen. Only moar Queen!!!

tumblr_mllv92SUCy1qfiuz5o1_500.jpg

EternalDensity

Jul 29, 2019
For folks who are confused, an electron has a charge of 1.602176565(35)×10^-19 coulombs which means that inversely a coulomb is a charge equal to 6.24150965(16)×10^18 electrons.
A mole of electrons (or any particles with an equivalent charge, such as protons) is a faraday unit of charge, which is equal to 96485.3399 coulombs.

DZCreeper

Jul 29, 2019
Thats science for yah folks, big numbers or if you don't feel like breaking out calculators just call it magic.