Dumb Modular Powersuit Tricks

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here
  • FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

Yuka

Jul 29, 2019
Hey Muse, I checked all the messages of yours I could find and didn't see an answer to this, so hope it isn't a FAQ somewhere but... Are we gonna get the ability to power suits in an MJ power network? I have neither IC2 nor UE in my world. I plopped MPS in when DW20 hinted (and your site confirmed) that you and KL were working on some stuff together for MPS. Thanks much. :)
I'm in the same boat as you, but I've seen the Kinetic and Solar Generators seem to do the job quite well for now, granted, is not the best, most efficient way, but with lack of other power sources right now, its not bad at all.

KirinDave

Jul 29, 2019
So that's why my power suit seemed to charge so fast on a ChargePad? Gasp. I feel silly.

We all sorta got bit by it, I even ranted at Muse about the invalidity of the EU values (your max power armor with those values holds about as much as an electric treetap).

I don't mean to bite the hand that feeds me, but in general Ultimate seems like a poorly configured pack.

Greyed

Jul 29, 2019
I'm in the same boat as you, but I've seen the Kinetic and Solar Generators seem to do the job quite well for now, granted, is not the best, most efficient way, but with lack of other power sources right now, its not bad at all.

Yeah, they worked quite well right up until the point where the new falling movement speed landed me in a lake of lava. I swear, I saw it, I saw where I was jumping, and just as I started to drop I thought, "I'm so going to miss."

khorozm

Jul 29, 2019
Machinesmuse, thanks for your awesome mod and
please add an option which disables or changes the position of the HUD :)

MachineMuse

Jul 29, 2019
2EO8W.png

and since minecraft joules tend to operate on 'ticks' of 1/20 seconds..
2EO9q.png

Reactions: EternalDensity

YellowMiner

Jul 29, 2019
So ... players know about the mess in ModularPowersuit config?

I reported it some time ago, but as of Ultimate 1.0.2, it's still here, so i suppose FTB devloppers dont know/care about it.

Memorian

Jul 29, 2019
Somebody who actually comprehends watts, volts, and joules indulge me a little?

With the blueletric engine as conversion from bluetricity to mj ... you can do watts to watts, can't you? (watts to watts or what?)

Volts is a meassurement of an energy gap. it acts like gravity, for power to flow it there must be a difference in votls between the two source and the sink, like for a ball to drop there must be a difference in height from the shelve to the floor

Jolues is a measurement of an energy amount. if you want to heat up a kg of water you must add 4120 joules of energy to heat it up one degree

watts is a meassurement of a energy flow. to heat up before mentioned water with in 1 second you must add 4120 watts (or joules/second)

They can be converted to minecraft analogies but it isnt really worth it

Reactions: MachineMuse

cmwatford

Jul 29, 2019
Volts is a meassurement of an energy gap. it acts like gravity, for power to flow it there must be a difference in votls between the two source and the sink, like for a ball to drop there must be a difference in height from the shelve to the floor

Jolues is a measurement of an energy amount. if you want to heat up a kg of water you must add 4120 joules of energy to heat it up one degree

watts is a meassurement of a energy flow. to heat up before mentioned water with in 1 second you must add 4120 watts (or joules/second)

They can be converted to minecraft analogies but it isnt really worth it

I've always been taught the water pipe model for electricity. The idea being that voltage is like water pressure and amperage is analogous to the amount of water flowing through the pipe. I've found it to be a great way to explain it to the uninformed.

Shakie666

Jul 29, 2019
I hope you realize that what what you call "voltage" is properly called potential difference, and that its measured in volts right? Just sayin :p