Does anyone play vannila after they try modded?

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here
  • FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

RedBoss

Jul 29, 2019
I hadn't in a while but I spent a week playing 1.8. I like the new villager trade system since they can all refresh trades. What frustrated me was the lack of farm automation. I built an 11x30something redstone monstrosity but you still have to replant everything. Plus no chunk loading when I went exploring. I couldn't handle it.

darkeshrine

Jul 29, 2019
Considering that I played modded before I played vanilla, I played vanilla once and that was to learn vanilla redstone after the modded 1.5 update and the loss of Red Power.

Reactions: ljfa

jordsta95

Jul 29, 2019
I get bored of vanilla too quickly. I like to be able to move at 2x sprint speed while walking, I like to be able to not have to go mining when I am out of resources, I like to NEED to kill the Wither (beacons = poop), I like all the aesthetics that mods add (although I can't use them to make something nice)...
There is so much that Mojang could add (and under the EULA they can just take it from popular mods)... I don't see why the don't... Stuff like carpenters blocks I can understand. But stuff like bibliocraft (just the tables/book cases/etc.) Furniture mods, etc... WHY ISN'T IT VANILLA! Vanilla minecraft is ugly as hell. There is no way of changing that. There are so many mods that should be vanilla, and if they were vanilla I would probably play it more.

ljfa

Jul 29, 2019
Why is there still no haste enchant for boots? Swiftness potions and beacons suck since they're limited in duration and range respectively.

Cptqrk

Popular Member
Aug 24, 2013
Gad, if only potions stacked.... OMG.. new mod! Stackable potions! Someone! Get this done!

ljfa

Jul 29, 2019
You can still do awesome things with redstone, hoppers and droppers, it's just more complicated and needs more space

but yea, it is limited indeed

Celestialphoenix

Too Much Free Time
Nov 9, 2012
Tartarus.. I mean at work. Same thing really.
LOL. Why? Why would you do that?
A mod I play lets me violently castrate them with garden implements.
2014-10-05_19.12.21.png
Snip Snip Boys!!

khorozm

Jul 29, 2019
Yes, redstone engineering is really fun IMO. In modded Minecraft, if you want to sort items, you can just use pneumatic servo/ diamond pipe... But in vanilla you need to actually design the redstone, and improve it (overflow protection, size) and somebody will come up a revolutionary design (such as Sethbling's sorter).
It is not just item sorter, but other things such as mob elevator, item elevator, furnace array the list go on and on
Though I like how you can build crazy factories in modded Minecraft.