Direwolf20 1.7.10 released

XLT_Frank

Jul 29, 2019
If you install the above mod and follow what I outlined, you will be doing pretty good. I also recommend JRE8. I seemed to have a memory leak with JRE7. I went from 40fps and 20 chunk updates to 40fps and 55 chunk updates while creative flying.

Here are my first tests with improving performance of this pack. Its kind of subjective because it is not data logged and things can very.

1. Pack 'as is': default everything on seed 'abcd'. I let the world full gen and draw around me before going to y:115 facing due S. Status settles at 58-60fps with 13-29 chunk updates on average. I flew forward by 500 z. Status says 48fps with 25-45 chunk updates on average with several spikes down to 1fps and spikes up to 60 chunk updates.

2. Added fastcraft 1.9 with duplicate world. I let the world full gen and draw around me before going to y:115 facing due S. It settled to similar numbers with 47-58fps and 13-20 chunk updates on average. I flew forward by 500 z. Status stayed in the 47-55fps range with 50-70 chunk updates on average with only two spikes down to similar numbers. The world had an easier time keeping up.

3. Added Admin Command Toolbox with duplicate world. I did /pregenspawn 100 and waited until complete (approximately 14 minutes for 40k chunks). Once complete, I restarted. I let the world draw around me before going to y:115 facing due S. It settled to similar numbers with 46-55fps and 40-50 chunk updates on average. I flew forward by 500 z. Status stayed in the 50-60fps range with 50-63 chunk updates on average with only two spikes down to similar numbers.

It was made it very enjoyable. HOWEVER! I noticed that AE2 meteors and Thaum ritual sites are not spawning with the pregenspawn. Time to file a bug report with them!

captproton17

Jul 29, 2019
That mod is a bit to easy, redundant with mystcraft already installed and can cause crashes that could normally be fixed become unfixable. So I don't think it'll get in.

I guess your right. I forget that DW likes Mystic craft. As long Soaryn doesn't make any worlds, we have safe series.

Eliav24

Jul 29, 2019
Many (like me) haven't used the launcher in a long time, you should add that you need to manually download the launcher again for the new version

NunoAgapito

Jul 29, 2019
Seems someone forgot to add the Modular Power Suits mod to the pack...

Config files are there and Direwolf says on his 1st episode it is in the pack but.... its not there :p

Bennn

Jul 29, 2019
I just started new world(biomes o plenty and i also turned on few more biomes), made my mine strip system and after almost 2 hours i found out some interesting things, for example ferrous ore spawns even on 70 height + it is very common(got more ferrous then silver+lead together, and before was almost as rare as diamond) or that i got almost 4 stacks of gold and just 2 of iron while mining much more on iron level height.
So does direwolf pack have ore generation changes(like attack of the b-team) or it thermal foundation have different ore generation levels now, also I m interested why I can't find dense ores for every ore(i think mod added ores do'nt have, found only iron and gold ones not even for coal) and should I change that in config file?

ratchinthelombax

Jul 29, 2019
Thats right, Direwolf is playing vanilla this season.

Edit, it might just be the servers still syncing, in which case go to options and force update the pack.
I tryied to force update the mod pack, and it still is not downloading the mods. Is there any other thing i can do?

Enderman_11

Jul 29, 2019
I am having problems trying to launch this mod pack I launch it and the change log says [09:07:41] [main/ERROR]: Unable to launch then it does not launch even thou I have it maxed out to full ram

Hambeau

Over-Achiever
Jul 24, 2013
Awesome! I'm looking forward to breaking ALL OF THE THINGS!

Now if only we had fibre-optic (to the node or to the premises), rather than the copper network that still is prominent across Australia. That way I could actually play on a server! :D

Even if you had Fiber there'd still be that one link someplace in the infrastructure in some dinky little backwater running at 2B+D ISDN (roughly 128Kb/s) slowing you down. :D

Malkea21

Jul 29, 2019
hi guys

my server running the direwolf20 1.7.10 is crashing
i have listed the following crash report

my server is also running linux (centOS)

hope you can find me a solution

all the best
Malkea21

Attachments

• server crash.txt
    29.7 KB · Views: 88

nacknicknack

Jul 29, 2019
It might not be the place for it.
But i have been looking for hours now and i am about to give up :(
But can someone get direwolf20 1.7.10 running with cauldron ?
And so can they give me a video or some steps on how to do it.
Thanks a lot in advance
Nacknicknack

Djulian55

Jul 29, 2019
Hey i played with this apck for now about 2 Hours ore so and for some reason my game keeps freezing when i try to open containers Ingame i can still move arround and stuff but the rest of the game freeezes for som reason
FTB log: http://paste.feed-the-beast.com/view/9c40255f

i dont know if this is a common problem for the rest ore if its just me. Thanks in advance for help ^_^

progwml6

Launcher Dev
Launcher Developer
Mod Developer
Nov 15, 2013
those of you getting vanilla please go to options>advanced options and select the curseCDN mirror
click the force update button in options
and then play

Killer873

Jul 29, 2019
Is it just me or are the Thermal Expansion conduits not in the pack ? i am searching through the Thermal Expansion nei filter and can't find it by name or mod... help ?

Last edited: