Direwolf20 1.7.10 Help, Venting and Discussion Thread

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here
  • FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

DriftinFool

Jul 29, 2019
Why can not I add "redstone flux capacitor" at my broadward? I've 4 modifier slot but i can't add :s
Sorry for bad english
The durability of Tinkerers Tools has to be a certain percentage of the stored RF in the flux capacitor. The formula is Maximum stored RF/1000= minimum tool durability.To use a Redstone Flux capacitor, you need a sword( or any other tool) to have a base durability of 2000+.
Redstone Flux Capacitor=2,000,000 RF/1000 =2000 Minimum durability on tool
Hardened Flux Capacitor=400,000/1000 = 400 Minimum durability

ameelia

Jul 29, 2019
It would be nice to see some other map options packaged with the pack, especially one with entity radar that is not journeymap. Many of our players have terrible CPU usage and lag with journeymap, especially if they encounter other players, or play for more than an hour or so without restarting thier client, it really is an awefully written piece of tosh. Missing Zans/Voxelmap immensly.

Bagman817

Jul 29, 2019
It would be nice to see some other map options packaged with the pack, especially one with entity radar that is not journeymap. Many of our players have terrible CPU usage and lag with journeymap, especially if they encounter other players, or play for more than an hour or so without restarting thier client, it really is an awefully written piece of tosh. Missing Zans/Voxelmap immensly.
Sadly, Zan's now requires LiteLoader. Easy enough to install (particularly via MultiMC), but probably a bit much for the DW20 target audience. That said, since it's client only, you could certainly offer that as an option for server players. Also, you can disable Journeymap and use the map built into Opis.

asb3pe

Jul 29, 2019

I understand where you're coming from, but I respectfully disagree. It's the best map mod out there IMO (in terms of how it works - i have no idea if it is written well or not). But yes, I always play SSP so I have no SMP experience with it.

ameelia

Jul 29, 2019
Unfortunately Journeymap (dont get me wrong the UI and functionality is loveley) it is no good if it renders the game unusable for people with modern, decent PCs (it should be usable on a 8gb quad 4.5 Ghz, surely), and Opis mapwriter seems to have a file read error that spams the console and eventually freezes Minecraft completely.

Ill look into MultiMC and recommend it+zans to our players, if its a solution, most of our players are older and not averse to a bit of fiddling if it means they can get an acceptable DW20 experience. Thanks for the tip.

Last edited:

Stickdude77

Jul 29, 2019
What is the maximum amount of hearts you can have in this modpack i know its not really relevant but i would like to know cause in 1.6.4 i had 86 hearts and so far in 1.7.10 i have only been able to get 50 which is more than enough but i would love to have 100 if i could but i cant find any way of doing that

kleshas

Jul 29, 2019
I notice that the mystcraft wiki says that you should disable the Twilight Forest biomes in the mystcraft config. It doesn't look like they are disabled by default. What's the reason for this?

loboca

Jul 29, 2019
What is the maximum amount of hearts you can have in this modpack i know its not really relevant but i would like to know cause in 1.6.4 i had 86 hearts and so far in 1.7.10 i have only been able to get 50 which is more than enough but i would love to have 100 if i could but i cant find any way of doing that
I think I saw that the Botania armor, when using the full set of the elven stuff, gives you an extra bar of hearts. But not sure, havent done it myself.

ljfa

Jul 29, 2019
How did you even get to 50? Did you use the uncraftable green heart canisters?

Neko303

Jul 29, 2019
Sorry if this has already been addressed but does anyone else get a meteor page from every single villager notebook? The Mystcraft page distribution feels off.
zdkWWJJ.png

heymen

Jul 29, 2019
Hi guys.. got a few questions and can;t find any wiki answers.. so i might ask here..

Background:
i'm trying to use steam boilers to generate steam for my steam dynamos... (early mid game)

1) does steam boiler explode if it have full steam (and water)
2) i got a 2x3x2 high pressure tank and 2x2 firebox (charcoal), and it fails to supply enough steam for a single steam dynamo with the augmentation (4x power generation)... any reason why? i thought the single steam boiler are suppose to support multiple dynamos...

3) any better power gen suggestions (apart from lava)? i'm not starting big reactor as yet...

ljfa

Jul 29, 2019
1) does steam boiler explode if it have full steam (and water)
2) i got a 2x3x2 high pressure tank and 2x2 firebox (charcoal), and it fails to supply enough steam for a single steam dynamo with the augmentation (4x power generation)... any reason why? i thought the single steam boiler are suppose to support multiple dynamos...

3) any better power gen suggestions (apart from lava)? i'm not starting big reactor as yet...
1) No. They only explode when you let them run dry and then add water.
2) I don't know. Maybe the values have been nerfed. Your dynamo produces 320 RF/t right?
3) Well you could combine your boile with a BigReactors turbine. You'll get much more power this way.

Last edited:

heymen

Jul 29, 2019
1) No. They only explode when you let them run dry and then add water.
2) I don't know. Maybe the values have been nerfed.
3) Well you could combine your boile with a BigReactors turbine. You'll get much more power this way.

Thanks.. maybe i really should go big reactor...i guess they nerfed it :(

I have the full steam pumping to the steam dynamo via liquid Transfer node w/about 20 speed upgrades.
the whole boiler only powering one steam dynamo with the the level 1 fuel efficiency & level 2 (4x power gen).. all steam gone in less than 30s...

might be better if i just chuck charcoal in the steam dynamo's directly..

ljfa

Jul 29, 2019
might be better if i just chuck charcoal in the steam dynamo's directly..
It shouldn't be...

Try using something else than transfer nodes for the steam. Such as Buildcraft gold fluid pipes, or EnderIO pipes.

heymen

Jul 29, 2019
It shouldn't be...

Try using something else than transfer nodes for the steam. Such as Buildcraft gold fluid pipes, or EnderIO pipes.

Just tried with EnderIO pipes.

same results... emptying the steam really quick...

GreenZombie

Jul 29, 2019
Unfortunately Journeymap (dont get me wrong the UI and functionality is loveley) it is no good if it renders the game unusable for people with modern, decent PCs (it should be usable on a 8gb quad 4.5 Ghz, surely), and Opis mapwriter seems to have a file read error that spams the console and eventually freezes Minecraft completely.

Ill look into MultiMC and recommend it+zans to our players, if its a solution, most of our players are older and not averse to a bit of fiddling if it means they can get an acceptable DW20 experience. Thanks for the tip.
If mapwriter/Opis is spamming the console it normally means one of its cached files is no longer valid. As mapwriter can only write to a file it can read this situation does not recover.

Navigate to the relevant mapwriter folder in the saves folder and delete it to force mapwriter to rebuild its cache.

Don Redhorse

Jul 29, 2019
Hi, I'm trying to find a stronghold but I'm unable too.

Map was generated with seed from Direwolf20, Biomes O Plenty and version 1.0.3 of the pack. Enderpearls don't work as the teleport you. All the other coordinate finder don't work either (at least I haven't found a stronghold yet).

I even tried some xray texture packs but was unable to locate a stronghold with them.

Any idea on how to locate one?

DriftinFool

Jul 29, 2019
Hi, I'm trying to find a stronghold but I'm unable too.

Map was generated with seed from Direwolf20, Biomes O Plenty and version 1.0.3 of the pack. Enderpearls don't work as the teleport you. All the other coordinate finder don't work either (at least I haven't found a stronghold yet).

I even tried some xray texture packs but was unable to locate a stronghold with them.

Any idea on how to locate one?

I thought you used Endereyes, not pearls, to locate strongholds...

Like Hambeau said, you need to use Eye's of ender. Ender pearls have always just teleported you to where you throw them.