Direwolf20 1.7.10 Help, Venting and Discussion Thread

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

ljfa

Jul 29, 2019
I wouldn't recomend the OpenJDK. You are better off with the Oracle/Sun Java. And 1.7 does work. But 1.8 is better.
They're almost the same...both come from Oracle and they share mostly the same code.
In Linux you're probably best off with the OpenJDK that comes from your distro.

Henry Link

Popular Member
Dec 23, 2012
USA - East Coast
I'm not sure I buy that. I have been running a minecraft server for a few years under Ubuntu and have never had any issues installing and using Oracle/Sun java on it. To the point where I actually run 3 instances of mod packs on this server at the same time and have never had an issue where one instance impacts the performance of another.

LantzR

Jul 29, 2019
Wrong. Java 1.8.0_25 definitely works, as does 1.8.0_60. The Curse Launcher proves this as it uses the Mojang launcher that automatically launches the runtime Java 1.8.0_25. This is the "official" version of Java supported by Mojang, btw.
Are you saying my OpenJDK version or version 1.7.0_91 will not work; or are you just saying 1.8 works?

Hambeau

Over-Achiever
Jul 24, 2013
Are you saying my OpenJDK version or version 1.7.0_91 will not work; or are you just saying 1.8 works?

I was saying you were wrong about 1.8 not working. Saying a 1.7 version doesn't work is nonsensical since that's what we all were using before 1.8 was released.

C

Crays

Is it possible to add modular power suit addons to the pack? When I try it crashes before it even finishes loading.

Psychicash

Jul 29, 2019
@Crays I don't know about you but on my server the modular power suit has tons of issues. It crashes a lot. I'm not sure why... I'm running the latest dw20 pack.

question... on the server I play the admin setup a trade station from forestry. I try to send letters and it says there's no mailbox to deliver to but there is... I don't know what's going on