Direwolf20 1.7.10 Help, Venting and Discussion Thread

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

ScottulusMaximus

Jul 29, 2019
Sorry for this, I'm getting tired of every second thread being either "HULP Direwolf won't run", "Oh NOES I gots lag" or legitimate questions about the Direwolf pack, so here goes.

Plse direct people here if you would be so kind...

PLEASE NOTE: From all I've seen this pack will most likely NOT RUN if:

1. You only have 4Gb RAM installed on your PC. This pack needs minimum 2gigs set to Minecraft(probably more)
2. You have a 32bit OS and/or 32bit Java
3. You are running Java 8 after update 11 or a non updated forge Java 8 info a bit muddled, 7 WILL work, 8 MIGHT work
4. You don't know what you're doing

PLEASE NOTE:

NEI lockup bug is caused by WAILA, Update WAILA to 1.5.5 to fix it!

Last edited:

ScottulusMaximus

Jul 29, 2019
So I recently kinda pushed aside the new liquid UU system, and instead put my efforts into making and opening scrap boxes. 1 in 500 will produce a diamond which uses a lot less EU than the new UU system. Then there's the added benefits of getting iron ore, gold ore, emeralds, bronze, zombie flesh (to cook for leather), redstone, glowstone, 1 use batteries (pump right back into mfe), rubber, tin cans (extract food and macerate for tin) and a bunch of wooden items to run though a sawmill for essentially infinite planks.

So from this, gold, iron, bronze, tin are all covered. But I still have to run quarries to get copper.

I thought maybe I could break down the bronze back into copper somehow, the uncrafting bench didn't work and I couldn't find anything in NEI to do it any other way.

Can anyone think of a way to acquire copper from the ample bronze I have now? Or copper in general without mining devices?

Bees, ore berry bushes, replicator. No way of "un-alloying" as far as I know

ScottulusMaximus

Jul 29, 2019
When I launch the game it loads fin after a hour launch I try to create a world and after a while of waiting the game goes back to title screen.
System specs: java 8 64 bit tried with 7 too but still did not work.
4gb of ram 1.25 allocated to minecraft windows 7 PLEASE HELP thanks in advance:(

1.25GB RAM isn't enough these days for a big modded pack, give it 2gig and see

Remove Java 8 and run off 7

Redownload everything to make sure nothing corrupted

Report Back

WuffleFluffy

Jul 29, 2019
Please, people make sure you are running the LATEST version of the FTB launcher.

My specs
Intel I5 with 16GB Ram
Windows 8.1 Pro
FTB Launcher has 4GB allocated
Java 7, latest patch

My server is running on creeperhost

No problems whatsoever..

Inngrimsch

Jul 29, 2019
I have 0 issues with Java8 so maybe remove it as it dosent seem to be a definite cause for problems^^

also why does 32bit not work? (i havent used 32bit in forever but still its not like Mc is actually using more then 1 core o_O)

ScottulusMaximus

Jul 29, 2019
I've seen more people failing to get 8 to work than succeeding, you're the first... 32bit means there's only 4Gb of RAM available, it seems to be not enough.

asb3pe

Jul 29, 2019
Java 8 works superbly, but unless Forge has been updated, my understanding is that Forge does not currently work with anything past j8 rev 11 (current rev is 25). And they say its a security risk to run an older java version so... your call on that. I have no proof, but it is also my understanding that j8 is better for modded minecraft than j7 is (as long as you realize the issue with Forge). For instance, with j8 I've been able to stop using all java arguments in the Advanced Options screen of the FTB launcher (just click 'Advanced settings for fast computers'), and I also have the RAM slider at 7GB so I can run 64x Sphax Direwolf resource pack without any issues whatsoever (none of that GC "java garbage collection" stuttering and lag like I'd get in j7 with a large memory setting).

Last edited:

ScottulusMaximus

Jul 29, 2019
Java 8 works superbly, but unless Forge has been updated, my understanding is that Forge does not work with anything past J8 rev 11 (current rev is 25). And they say its a security risk to run an older java version so... your call on that. I have no proof, but it is also my understanding that j8 is better for modded minecraft than j7 is (as long as you realize the issue with Forge).

Another edit;) does the forge that comes with the dw20 pack work for java 8?

asb3pe

Jul 29, 2019
Another edit;) does the forge that comes with the dw20 pack work for java 8?

Pretty sure Direwolf pack contains the absolute latest versions of every mod (well, maybe not, see below)... Just have to run an older java version like I said and take the security risk (as far as I'm concerned, it's zero risk but everybody has to decide for themselves). This reddit thread is what got me started using j8, and I honestly do believe it is a big step up from 7 based upon my own experience with it.

EDIT: That reddit says FML is now fixed for all 1.7.10, so perhaps I'll go load in the latest j8 and see what happens and report back in a bit.

Speaking of Direwolf mod versions... I found and use this page. It says ForgeMultipart is v1.1.0.310 and the latest version is 314, so it's four versions behind, 310 was released Oct. 1 which leads me to believe j8_25 still won't work in Direwolf yet until we get a 1.0.2 version of the modpack. I assume we'll get that soon, it's been quite a few days since 1.0.1 came out.

Last edited:

Inngrimsch

Jul 29, 2019
I've seen more people failing to get 8 to work than succeeding, you're the first... 32bit means there's only 4Gb of RAM available, it seems to be not enough.
Ah yeh forgot about that
Also i am using Java 8 Update 25 (64-bit) with 0 problems. Not even NEI breaks for me (which is a problem i have seen multiple people talking about)
And to add to the whole java thing i have used 8.25 since the modpack got released so i dont know why people have problems with it ^^ DW20 1.0.1 runs perfectly fine on j8rev25

Inngrimsch

Jul 29, 2019
Maybe java just likes me who knows (and i hate java ;P worst language to programm in thats commonly used ;D) I kinda hope microsoft recodes minecraft into C++

also maybe people had problems with j8 because they didnt update to rev 25 who knows maybe that rev fixed problems that interfered with minecraft

CC_RRR

Jul 29, 2019
I am trying to run DireWolf20 offline server and the game on my pc. It starts lagging after 30min to 1hr for some reason can anyone suggest why?

Intel i5 4670k
16gb corsair ram
250gb SSD
GeForce 770ti

Inngrimsch

Jul 29, 2019
The whole can you tell me why it laggs let's just post my hardware info dosent help at all,P maybe you schould just press strg shift esc and check in your task manager how must of your ram and cpu is used (also did you increase the ram allocated in the ftb launcher to 4gb?)

CC_RRR

Jul 29, 2019
Running between 60-80% cpu and ran is nowhere close to Max. Have 6 GB allocated to FTB and 6 GB allocated to the server.

I tried Java 8 and it was a no go.

My friend can connect to my server absolutely no lag. He can also run he same server and game on his laptop (with a slower cpu and less ram) without lagging his world