Direwolf20 1.7.10 Help, Venting and Discussion Thread

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

R_Thomson

Jul 29, 2019
That is too much. I am running with just 3 gigs using texture packs and everything works great. Only leaving 3 gigs to your system to use can cause problems because you will max out your RAM.

yeah but i have the benfit of running Mac OSX which is a way liter system

DriftinFool

Jul 29, 2019
yeah but i have the benfit of running Mac OSX which is a way liter system
I didn't say it's too much just because you don't leave much for your system. It's also too much because Java is terrible at clearing garbage. By having that much RAM, you are allowing Java to fill up too much of it and when it finally does try to clear it, it cause performance issues. More RAM does not mean better performance when dealing with MC and Java. You will actually get better performance with less RAM.

ljfa

Jul 29, 2019
Well if you give it too little RAM the garbage collector has to run very often. Less than 2GB or more than 4GB usually doesn't work well.

GreenZombie

Jul 29, 2019
Bad lag in dw20 1.0.4

I created a new game using the dw20 seed someone kindly linked on this thread.

I went to creative and flew over the ocean to create an admin mystcraft hub at altitude.

Almost immediately my FPS tanked... For reasons I cannot discern. I switched to opis rather than the default journeymap and saw that there were 12k squid and my memory usage had hit 100% of the 2G that is the dw20 default xmx. But I restarted with xmx of 4G and did a -code killall Squid and the lag quickly returned.

Arakattack

Jul 29, 2019
DW20 1.7.10 1.2.0 3 things of note that I'd really like some help with...

1) Looking for where KL and the TE team put the configuration files where it pertains to the Tesseract and its limitations? I seem to remember older versions of the tesseract having energy losses, or maximum energy draws from each side (much like the energy cells) and unlike the energy cells there's nothing in the game to suggest how much this limitation is, I'd like to see what it is, and perhaps configure it if necessary.

2) The seeming absence in entirety of emerald ore. It seems there's really no way to gather these, and yet many mods (EnderIO) seem to like them as the new Diamonds, because they're more rare. I've mined at virtually all Y-levels in the overworld for thousands of blocks at each level, in every biome I can think of (though BiomesOP keeps surprising me) and I have yet to find my first legitimate emerald. I've traded with villagers, set up a few villagers with a vacuum chest to pick up the dropped emeralds, but I'd rather not resort to more cheaty methods like an MFR spawner making villagers that get dropped into a smeltery.

3) Random Explosions. I've looked these up around the forums, and asked my good friend Google about it, and they've pointed at the creepers (not in the area) and pneumaticraft worldgen flowers, specifically things like the creeper plant, lightning plant, chopper plant... I've gone around my base and obliterated every pneumaticraft plant I could find, and it still continues. I'd like to get rid of those explosions... any ideas what I should be looking for? I've removed all the pneumaticraft flowers within... oh... 4 chunks or so of my base. I'm at a loss.

-Arakattack

malicious_bloke

Over-Achiever
Jul 28, 2013
2) The seeming absence in entirety of emerald ore. It seems there's really no way to gather these, and yet many mods (EnderIO) seem to like them as the new Diamonds, because they're more rare. I've mined at virtually all Y-levels in the overworld for thousands of blocks at each level, in every biome I can think of (though BiomesOP keeps surprising me) and I have yet to find my first legitimate emerald. I've traded with villagers, set up a few villagers with a vacuum chest to pick up the dropped emeralds, but I'd rather not resort to more cheaty methods like an MFR spawner making villagers that get dropped into a smeltery.

It's not cheaty, it's just making the most of the local resources.

Just like you need to kill endermans to get your first ender pearls, it makes sense that you need to kill BASTARDS BASTARDS BASTARDS villagers to get you some emeralds.

And later, conveyor belts leading them to their fate.

Reactions: Psychicash

KingTriaxx

Forum Addict
Jul 27, 2013
Michigan
To the best of my knowledge, the only place Emerald ore spawns is in Extreme Hills, just like vanilla. At least using BoP gen. I might be wrong though.

It_IS_Lupus

Jul 29, 2019
DW20 1.7.10 1.2.0 3 things of note that I'd really like some help with...

1) Looking for where KL and the TE team put the configuration files where it pertains to the Tesseract and its limitations? I seem to remember older versions of the tesseract having energy losses, or maximum energy draws from each side (much like the energy cells) and unlike the energy cells there's nothing in the game to suggest how much this limitation is, I'd like to see what it is, and perhaps configure it if necessary.

3) Random Explosions. I've looked these up around the forums, and asked my good friend Google about it, and they've pointed at the creepers (not in the area) and pneumaticraft worldgen flowers, specifically things like the creeper plant, lightning plant, chopper plant... I've gone around my base and obliterated every pneumaticraft plant I could find, and it still continues. I'd like to get rid of those explosions... any ideas what I should be looking for? I've removed all the pneumaticraft flowers within... oh... 4 chunks or so of my base. I'm at a loss.

-Arakattack

1: I'm fairly certain they are infinite in their transfer. Only limited by the type of duct you are using.

2: Not sure but if you set up a mob grinder, make sure to collect the treasure bags from Thaumcraft for killing the named mobs. You can get diamonds, emeralds, ender pearls, along with gold coins(nugget equivalent just smelt it) along with a bunch of junk(potions and vanilla armors)

3: Creepers, upon death, have a chance to spawn creeper plant seeds. So even if they just outright die there will be a small explosion(no block damage will occur).

Psychicash

Jul 29, 2019
It's not cheaty, it's just making the most of the local resources.

Just like you need to kill endermans to get your first ender pearls, it makes sense that you need to kill BASTARDS BASTARDS BASTARDS villagers to get you some emeralds.

And later, conveyor belts leading them to their fate.

1: I'm fairly certain they are infinite in their transfer. Only limited by the type of duct you are using.

2: Not sure but if you set up a mob grinder, make sure to collect the treasure bags from Thaumcraft for killing the named mobs. You can get diamonds, emeralds, ender pearls, along with gold coins(nugget equivalent just smelt it) along with a bunch of junk(potions and vanilla armors)

3: Creepers, upon death, have a chance to spawn creeper plant seeds. So even if they just outright die there will be a small explosion(no block damage will occur).

If you're using the tesseract on a big reactor, to my knowledge, a single power tap is capped at 5k or 10k rf? I can never remember. If you're using an ender io transceiver that one requires power and has an energy loss right off the top.

You can get EDIT: (not Diamonds) Emeralds from villagers just from trapping them on hoppers. I caught one, put it in an mfr spawner in a room until it was full. I then pulled away the floor (thanks draw bridge) and below nothing but hoppers and after a bit of working on other things (woot multitasking) I came back to almost 2 stacks full. Of course you can just kill them in a smeltry.

Also explosions... if it's a mob grinder or even if they're close, ender mini's will attack creepers on sight.

Last edited:

Evillevi

Jul 29, 2019
BTW does anyone know where I could download the DW20 Configs? All more to the point the Configs that generates teh particular ore distribution. I'm on a limited internet Quota so I can't really download the entire pack to get the configs

peterM

Jul 29, 2019
I do not have any conductive pipes?? What do you use for hobbyist steam engine for example?

KingTriaxx

Forum Addict
Jul 27, 2013
Michigan
They are now known as kinesis pipes. Though any RF capable pipe, such as flux ducts, or ender IO conduits will do the job. Depending on the application, you might even be able to face the engine to the machine directly.

Paulbunion

Jul 29, 2019
Having server crashing issues on startup, if anyone can give me any pointers I'ld appreciate it. Here is the error log.

[21:15:52] [Server thread/INFO]: Starting minecraft server version 1.7.10
[21:16:42] [Server thread/INFO]: Loading properties
[21:16:42] [Server thread/INFO]: Default game type: SURVIVAL
[21:16:42] [Server thread/INFO]: Generating keypair
[21:16:42] [Server thread/INFO]: Starting Minecraft server on *:25565
[21:17:08] [Server thread/INFO]: Preparing level "Arcanum Vitae"
[21:17:11] [Server thread/INFO]: Preparing start region for level 0
[21:17:12] [Server thread/INFO]: Preparing spawn area: 2%
[21:17:13] [Server thread/INFO]: Done (5.759s)! For help, type "help" or "?"
[21:17:16] [Server thread/ERROR]: Chunk file at 68,-7 is in the wrong location; relocating. (Expected 68, -7, got 65, -3)
[21:17:16] [Server thread/ERROR]: Encountered an unexpected exception
net.minecraft.util.ReportedException: Exception ticking world
at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.func_71190_q(MinecraftServer.java:631) ~[MinecraftServer.class:?]
at net.minecraft.server.dedicated.DedicatedServer.func_71190_q(DedicatedServer.java:334) ~[lt.class:?]
at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.func_71217_p(MinecraftServer.java:547) ~[MinecraftServer.class:?]
at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:427) [MinecraftServer.class:?]
at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer$2.run(MinecraftServer.java:685) [li.class:?]
Caused by: java.lang.ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException: -228
at net.minecraft.world.chunk.NibbleArray.func_76582_a(SourceFile:28) ~[apv.class:?]
at net.minecraft.world.chunk.storage.ExtendedBlockStorage.func_76665_b(SourceFile:75) ~[apz.class:?]
at net.minecraft.world.chunk.Chunk.func_76628_c(Chunk.java:548) ~[apx.class:?]
at net.minecraft.world.chunk.Chunk.func_150812_a(Chunk.java:878) ~[apx.class:?]
at net.minecraft.world.chunk.Chunk.func_150813_a(Chunk.java:862) ~[apx.class:?]
at net.minecraft.world.chunk.storage.AnvilChunkLoader.loadEntities(AnvilChunkLoader.java:500) ~[aqk.class:?]
at net.minecraftforge.common.chunkio.ChunkIOProvider.callStage2(ChunkIOProvider.java:41) ~[ChunkIOProvider.class:?]
at net.minecraftforge.common.chunkio.ChunkIOProvider.callStage2(ChunkIOProvider.java:12) ~[ChunkIOProvider.class:?]
at net.minecraftforge.common.util.AsynchronousExecutor.skipQueue(AsynchronousExecutor.java:344) ~[AsynchronousExecutor.class:?]
at net.minecraftforge.common.util.AsynchronousExecutor.getSkipQueue(AsynchronousExecutor.java:302) ~[AsynchronousExecutor.class:?]
at net.minecraftforge.common.chunkio.ChunkIOExecutor.syncChunkLoad(ChunkIOExecutor.java:12) ~[ChunkIOExecutor.class:?]
at net.minecraft.world.gen.ChunkProviderServer.loadChunk(ChunkProviderServer.java:126) ~[ms.class:?]
at net.minecraft.world.gen.ChunkProviderServer.func_73158_c(ChunkProviderServer.java:101) ~[ms.class:?]
at net.minecraft.world.gen.ChunkProviderServer.func_73154_d(ChunkProviderServer.java:199) ~[ms.class:?]
at net.minecraft.world.World.func_72964_e(World.java:419) ~[ahb.class:?]
at net.minecraft.world.WorldServer.func_147456_g(WorldServer.java:313) ~[mt.class:?]
at net.minecraft.world.WorldServer.func_72835_b(WorldServer.java:183) ~[mt.class:?]
at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.func_71190_q(MinecraftServer.java:625) ~[MinecraftServer.class:?]
... 4 more
[21:17:16] [Server thread/ERROR]: This crash report has been saved to: C:\Users\Matt\Documents\Curse\Minecraft\Instances\Direwolf20 Server 1.7.1\.\crash-reports\crash-2015-09-11_21.17.16-server.txt
[21:17:16] [Server thread/INFO]: Stopping server
[21:17:16] [Server thread/INFO]: Saving players
[21:17:16] [Server thread/INFO]: Saving worlds
[21:17:16] [Server thread/INFO]: Saving chunks for level 'Arcanum Vitae'/Overworld
[21:17:16] [Server thread/INFO]: Saving chunks for level 'Arcanum Vitae'/Nether
[21:17:16] [Server thread/INFO]: Saving chunks for level 'Arcanum Vitae'/The End
[21:17:16] [Server thread/INFO]: Saving chunks for level 'Arcanum Vitae'/FZHammer
[21:17:16] [Server thread/INFO]: Saving chunks for level 'Arcanum Vitae'/Twilight Forest
[21:17:16] [Server thread/INFO]: Saving chunks for level 'Arcanum Vitae'/Mirror
[21:17:16] [Server thread/INFO]: Saving chunks for level 'Arcanum Vitae'/Underdark
[21:17:16] [Server thread/INFO]: Saving chunks for level 'Arcanum Vitae'/The Outer Lands
[21:17:16] [Server thread/INFO]: Saving chunks for level 'Arcanum Vitae'/Torment
[21:17:16] [Server thread/INFO]: Saving chunks for level 'Arcanum Vitae'/The Last Millenium
[21:17:16] [Server thread/INFO]: Saving chunks for level 'Arcanum Vitae'/Spirit World
[21:17:16] [Server thread/INFO]: Saving chunks for level 'Arcanum Vitae'/Bedrock

Henry Link

Popular Member
Dec 23, 2012
USA - East Coast
Will need the server crash report. Can you pastebin this file: [21:17:16] [Server thread/ERROR]: This crash report has been saved to: C:\Users\Matt\Documents\Curse\Minecraft\Instances\Direwolf20 Server 1.7.1\.\crash-reports\crash-2015-09-11_21.17.16-server.txt

Hambeau

Over-Achiever
Jul 24, 2013
java -version
java version "1.7.0_91"
OpenJDK Runtime Environment (IcedTea 2.6.3) (7u91-2.6.3-0ubuntu0.15.10.1)
OpenJDK 64-Bit Server VM (build 24.91-b01, mixed mode)

Wrong. Java 1.8.0_25 definitely works, as does 1.8.0_60. The Curse Launcher proves this as it uses the Mojang launcher that automatically launches the runtime Java 1.8.0_25. This is the "official" version of Java supported by Mojang, btw.