Direwolf20 1.7.10 Help, Venting and Discussion Thread

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Evillevi

Jul 29, 2019
Ok so how did you guys solve the I have no emeralds problem. Personally I use a vanilla Village Breeder until I get the Powered Spawner then build up enough EXP until I can make a villager Powered Spawner and that + Mob Router is used to dump them in a smeltery

Inngrimsch

Jul 29, 2019
i simply looked for a villager and bought all he had to offer for coal... you dont need that many afterall ^^

asb3pe

Jul 29, 2019
Can BigReactors explode? Mines on max heat (to power a E-Quarry) and it hasnt yet...

I've read it's a planned feature, but it hasn't been implemented yet. I think if you're at max heat, you're not running a very efficient reactor? Such as, you might not have your outer ring as Liquid Ender, and you might not have the next three outer rings as Gelid Cryotheum? I think that's considered the best efficiency but I'm really not an expert on it. I only did one Ender and two Cryotheum's, then I did a 7x7 checkerboard with alternating fuel cells/cryo in the middle. Total 15x15 outer dimensions including the reactor casings.

DriftinFool

Jul 29, 2019
No emeralds problem?? I have over 3 stacks currently from mining. They spawn in more than just extreme hills with BOP. My base is in a mountain biome and that is where I have found them all. I have also found 2 different extreme hills biomes within a couple hundred blocks of my base.

Evillevi

Jul 29, 2019
No emeralds problem?? I have over 3 stacks currently from mining. They spawn in more than just extreme hills with BOP. My base is in a mountain biome and that is where I have found them all. I have also found 2 different extreme hills biomes within a couple hundred blocks of my base.
RNG is a bitch

asb3pe

Jul 29, 2019
Nope. Found Cave, Dungeon and loot but nope to mountains

My usual method for starting a new world is to find an Extreme Hills Biome and plant my base right in the middle of it. If I can't find one relatively quickly, I start a new world and try again. I always figured, well, if I'm gonna mine, it might as well be in the biome that has all the ores, plus the one "rare" ore too. Why mine anywhere else? It never made sense to me. I know a lot of people like to build in a flat biome like Plains, but I think a mountain base fits my non-creative building style. I just hollow out a cave and there you go! :)

Inngrimsch

Jul 29, 2019
i havent found ermerald ore yet in my extreme hill biome.. but when i search for them i usually go search for abyssal stone (those nodes often have emerald ore) or just buy them ^^

Veggetossj

Jul 29, 2019
Another place where emeralds spawn is in the abbysal veins in the ocean biomes. Diamonds and Lapis also spawns there.

Inngrimsch

Jul 29, 2019
Another place where emeralds spawn is in the abbysal veins in the ocean biomes. Diamonds and Lapis also spawns there.
That's what i ment i think abyssal only spawns in ocean biomes or atelast mostly (havent found abyssal underground since 1.5.4 i think^^) also a good tip for searching them get the squid morph and nightvision!

Veggetossj

Jul 29, 2019
Also the new Binnies Core Compartment are badass. Although they require 8 emeralds and 4 diamond among other items to fully upgrade, it has 360 slots

Yusunoha

Jul 29, 2019
right now to get emeralds I just have a whole village of villagers stand ontop of a hopper and I afk for a little bit.
it doesn't give that much emeralds, but I only need a few anyways

DriftinFool

Jul 29, 2019
Nope. Found Cave, Dungeon and loot but nope to mountains
Man, that sucks. I actually have more emeralds than diamonds right now and I am using TiC tools and Ender IO Dark armor so I haven't even used any diamonds for that stuff. Went from Project red gem tools and armor right to this stuff.

Evillevi

Jul 29, 2019
:V I'm planning to upgrade into a powered Villager spawner really soon. Also I've found an extreme Hill Biome right next to an orchard biome that trick me into thinking that it isn't a Hills biome

Veggetossj

Jul 29, 2019
I have a base in development in a Highlands biome from BoP, only recently decided to look if there were emeralds there and i was able to find some in that biome.