Direwolf20 1.7.10 Help, Venting and Discussion Thread

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

asb3pe

Jul 29, 2019
Is anyone having problems with the filler from BC, it keeps lagging me out. Any ideas or thoughts???

Yes I had a massive problem with this. I was morphed as a bat so I thought that might have something to do with it.

Quite honestly, I treated the Filler with kid gloves from that point on. I only needed it for one task, to fill in the massive hole my BC quarry made... so after I got that complete, I quit using the Filler due to the problems I had.

Normally, the Filler ran fine, if I didn't touch it. But if I had to do anything with it, I was risking the "1 tick per second" lag effect. It happened a few weeks ago, and I've stopped playing the Direwolf modpack, so it's sort of a faded memory now... I can't remember what I did to fix the horrible lag when it happened (don't recall if a simple game/computer reboot fixed it or not) but yeah, be very careful when using the Filler in Direwolf modpack. I was able to get thru it, but based on my experience I really didn't want to use the Filler ever again.

Aha, I found my post on page 3 of this thread describing my issue with the Filler. Re-reading it reminded me about the problem with my health hearts. I suddenly permanently lost 4 of them when the Filler lagged out. Not good!! But someone gave me a tip, I had to kill myself but that got me my full 10 hearts back.

SilentDeath236

Jul 29, 2019
Currently its set to fill, and it is only doing it in my main world, seems to be working fine in my test one. i have filled it with dirt from my forestry backpacks and with out. When i go to open it, it takes sever seconds for its interface to come up. some times minutes and i don't even have to be standing next to it. i walk away and it will come up then. Some times when i break it to pick up it just vanishes, some times i have had it will even get the game to crash to desktop.

Bagman817

Jul 29, 2019
I only needed it for one task, to fill in the massive hole my BC quarry made... so after I got that complete, I quit using the Filler due to the problems I had.
Extra Utilities: 2 birds with one stone. I've removed BC from every pack since 1.5, and haven't regretted it.

Veggetossj

Jul 29, 2019
Is any1 else having the same problem where if u try to craft a full stack in your inventory or crafting bench, the game freezes for a moment?

Netherus

Jul 29, 2019
Read it on this forum that journeymap causes alot of lagg issues after a certain time so i removed it when i started getting those annoying lagg spikes whenever is shift-clicked a stack to craft. And it didnt happen again so yeah :)

Edit: i also read that this isnt a bug in journeymap itself but in another mod conflicting with journeymap

Thib5

Jul 29, 2019
Hi ! I start playing FTB DW20 1.0.1 a week ago. Yesterday it happen something weird my when i start a single player everything is ok but when I try to connect to my personal server the launcher crash ... i think i'm the only on to have this. i try to re install FTB, restart the server but nothing work. I have a crash log but I don't understand

http://pastebin.com/embed_js.php?i=va5AKY2M

Thib5

Jul 29, 2019
Sorry for the double post but it's seem to work with an old backup ... is there something i can do for saving all a did between ?

Jul 29, 2019
I should get into lapis block design:
I should get into lapis block design....png

JohnOC

Jul 29, 2019
My question is: What is root.tick.textures, and is it responsible for eating all my fps?

This world was created in DW20 1.0.1 and has since been upgraded to 1.0.2. I've had medium-poor FPS from the beginning, though /cofh tps has never reported less than 20 ticks per second, as it should be. I've used /cofh killall to rid myself of squid, cows, chickens, bats, etc.. it helped only a little.

Fastcraft is installed. Upgrading java 1.7 to 1.8 actually helped quite a lot for me as well.

Opis isn't reporting anything particular taking lots of server tick, this seems to be client 'side' but not rendering related. Changing view distance and lowering graphical detail made no difference at all.

root_tick_textures.png

Anyone have other avenues to try? This world has tens of hours of play time, and I'd prefer not to lose it, but the current 5 fps just standing around in my base area isn't playable enjoyably.

darthenn

Jul 29, 2019
So i pretty much get this error in console.
http://pastebin.com/DQ7UtUPQ
I have set default memory usage to 4 gigs. i have 8 gigs itself in the pc. i havent added any custome mods. i've tried both 1.0.1 and 1.0.2 - the same error. i have 64 bit java 7. other modpacks works fine.

Wen_Rong

Jul 29, 2019
my mac:2.9 GHz Intel Core i7 8 GB 1600 MHz DDR3 OS X 10.9.5 (13F34)
java 8
but i can't run it at all . how can i deal with this problem
Exception in thread "main" [19:55:24] [main/INFO] [STDERR]: [java.lang.Throwable$WrappedPrintStream:println:748]: java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: scala/collection/Seq
[19:55:24] [main/INFO] [STDERR]: [java.lang.Throwable$WrappedPrintStream:println:748]: at java.lang.Class.forName0(Native Method)
[19:55:24] [main/INFO] [STDERR]: [java.lang.Throwable$WrappedPrintStream:println:748]: at java.lang.Class.forName(Class.java:344)
[19:55:24] [main/INFO] [STDERR]: [java.lang.Throwable$WrappedPrintStream:println:748]: at cpw.mods.fml.relauncher.CoreModManager.loadCoreMod(CoreModManager.java:417)
[19:55:24] [main/INFO] [STDERR]: [java.lang.Throwable$WrappedPrintStream:println:748]: at cpw.mods.fml.relauncher.CoreModManager.discoverCoreMods(CoreModManager.java:346)
[19:55:24] [main/INFO] [STDERR]: [java.lang.Throwable$WrappedPrintStream:println:748]: at cpw.mods.fml.relauncher.CoreModManager.handleLaunch(CoreModManager.java:214)
[19:55:24] [main/INFO] [STDERR]: [java.lang.Throwable$WrappedPrintStream:println:748]: at cpw.mods.fml.relauncher.FMLLaunchHandler.setupHome(FMLLaunchHandler.java:90)
[19:55:24] [main/INFO] [STDERR]: [java.lang.Throwable$WrappedPrintStream:println:748]: at cpw.mods.fml.relauncher.FMLLaunchHandler.setupClient(FMLLaunchHandler.java:67)
[19:55:24] [main/INFO] [STDERR]: [java.lang.Throwable$WrappedPrintStream:println:748]: at cpw.mods.fml.relauncher.FMLLaunchHandler.configureForClientLaunch(FMLLaunchHandler.java:34)
[19:55:24] [main/INFO] [STDERR]: [java.lang.Throwable$WrappedPrintStream:println:748]: at cpw.mods.fml.common.launcher.FMLTweaker.injectIntoClassLoader(FMLTweaker.java:126)
[19:55:24] [main/INFO] [STDERR]: [java.lang.Throwable$WrappedPrintStream:println:748]: at net.minecraft.launchwrapper.Launch.launch(Launch.java:115)
[19:55:24] [main/INFO] [STDERR]: [java.lang.Throwable$WrappedPrintStream:println:748]: at net.minecraft.launchwrapper.Launch.main(Launch.java:28)
[19:55:24] [main/INFO] [STDERR]: [java.lang.Throwable$WrappedPrintStream:println:748]: Caused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: scala.collection.Seq
[19:55:24] [main/INFO] [STDERR]: [java.lang.Throwable$WrappedPrintStream:println:748]: at net.minecraft.launchwrapper.LaunchClassLoader.findClass(LaunchClassLoader.java:191)
[19:55:24] [main/INFO] [STDERR]: [java.lang.Throwable$WrappedPrintStream:println:748]: at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:424)
[19:55:24] [main/INFO] [STDERR]: [java.lang.Throwable$WrappedPrintStream:println:748]: at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:357)
[19:55:24] [main/INFO] [STDERR]: [java.lang.Throwable$WrappedPrintStream:println:748]: ... 11 more
[19:55:24] [main/INFO] [STDERR]: [java.lang.Throwable$WrappedPrintStream:println:748]: Caused by: java.lang.NullPointerException
[19:55:24] [main/INFO] [STDERR]: [java.lang.Throwable$WrappedPrintStream:println:748]: at net.minecraft.launchwrapper.LaunchClassLoader.findClass(LaunchClassLoader.java:182)
[19:55:24] [main/INFO] [STDERR]: [java.lang.Throwable$WrappedPrintStream:println:748]: ... 13 more

asb3pe

Jul 29, 2019
My question is: What is root.tick.textures, and is it responsible for eating all my fps?

I think you can click on "[1] Textures" in your screenshot there, and get a further breakdown? But I'm no expert on any of this, just making a suggestion. I think I've "drilled down" thru that list before, and I don't think a lot of people know you can click on those. Perhaps it will tell you more info on what is occurring.

Reactions: DeathOfTime

Evillevi

Jul 29, 2019
Does anyone knows how to start efficiently with IC2 in the DW20 Pack. Or a Upto date IC2 Infor regarding Power generation since I want to run a really fast furnace and I kind of need lot's of power with what I had in mind

PS: If it's at all possible, is there a RF to EU capabilities in DW20.

Kwequay

Jul 29, 2019
Just my 0.02.

I had a lot of issues with the pack running it as a single player world.
Terrible lag, frame dumps, NEI constantly bugging out, after 15mins fps would randomly drop below 10, etc.

I finally managed to get it running as a server (1.0.2) and.it has made a huge difference.
Not a single issue for 2+ hours. While it's only early days yet, 2hours of continuous play is a lot nicer than 15 minutes.

No bugs to report and FPS stays around 100.
Well worth making the switch for anyone having lag issues