Detected leaking worlds in memory.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oracular

Jul 29, 2019
I've got a clean MindCrack 8.1.1 installation as of 2 minutes ago, and I have this as well. Slightly troubling. BTW, does anyone know what's new in 8.1.1?

cybrshdw

Jul 29, 2019
Not Sure where to slap this at but here seemed a good place, when i use NEI to give my self 64x blocks of any type and if all slots are filled and no place for the new block/item to go the game will freeze and become overburdened
and also world leaks as well

Antonyvw

Jul 29, 2019
Ok my problem just got worse. I added in the java code as recommended elsewhere in this thread. It worked fine for about 10 mins before it crashed again but that was a lot longer than before. I needed to go to the nether and so I did. getting there was no problem - getting back was. I could not get back. After repeatedly restarting the game and continually crashing - I now find that the consul wont event launch all i get is an error message the beggining of which is as follows:

#
# A fatal error has been detected by the Java Runtime Environment:
#
# EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION (0xc0000005) at pc=0x00000000771b0895, pid=8436, tid=8288
#
# JRE version: 6.0_33-b03
# Java VM: Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM (20.8-b03 mixed mode windows-amd64 compressed oops)
# Problematic frame:
# C [ntdll.dll+0x50895]
#
# If you would like to submit a bug report, please visit:
# http://java.sun.com/webapps/bugreport/crash.jsp

Ashzification

Jul 29, 2019
If I may, I'd like to add, it will be much easier for those of us looking to find a solution if everyone experiencing this problem could post their complete logs to pastebin.com. The best logs would be (1) the console log (in debug mode) so that we can determine if there are any other problems lurking about, and (2) the crash report.
Without logs, we're mostly guessing.

dawsonator21

Jul 29, 2019
Im getting the same leaking memory world error, but it doesnt seem to cause any problems for me. Im actualy gett BETTER fps when i see this error. as in i was averaging 100 frames per second yesterday, even on my peice of crap :)

Antonyvw

Jul 29, 2019
Ok thought Id give it another go. By rebooting my pc I can sometimes get the consol to load. I can start a new world which is unrelated to the direwolf20 world maps. When I try to run the direwolf20 map I get as far as walking half a dozen steps then the game aborts. On the latest try I get the following error:
Consol www.pastebin.com/nkfwEBvp
hs_err_pid4556.log www.pastebin.com/q9J08Eqw

Pivotdude

Jul 29, 2019
I am having a similar problem , Im getting an error identical to Yusunoha ,however this appears on entry to a world and alternatively causes huge lag spikes rather than crashing , crashing has only happened twice

RetroGamer1224

Jul 29, 2019
I also had this issues pop up last night. Thankfully I am not the only one. No crashing just frame rate drop. I am not going to aim for anything special at the moment because I am more then happy to wait as things get cleared up. Thanks all for doing your best ^_^

theskipman9o5

Jul 29, 2019
I to have this problem, was directed here by Techsupport for solution!!!!.
Guess we all have to wait for them to pull their fingers out. Why do they insist on meddling. Could the problem have something to do with the constant tinkering to remove "loop holes" that make getting some items quickly. eg blaze rods - macerate 2 for 10 powders to make 5 rods - tinker heat output of rods reduced to 0.5K in update!!.

Jacobbelveder

Jul 29, 2019
I'm pretty sure the problem isn't related to any tinkering, it's a much deeper issue, possibly with forge, and world loading, there hasn't been any real fix, but the java setting change has worked fine for me since i put it in a few days ago, so there should be no need to worry about it.

theskipman9o5

Jul 29, 2019
what java fix is this? are we talking about the update that came out the day after the DW20 mod pack update? or some piece of code I missed reading the forum/discussion?

falcon7370

Jul 29, 2019
I also have just joined the forums to follow up on this issue. I just recently started having a similar issue, and I am baffled. I was running a modified Mindcrack 8.1.1 just fine, until i updated mystcraft to 0.10. I also had Divine RPG installed, at this point, my worlds started leaking. So after much fiddling, I decided to cut my losses and start anew. So I have been working on a Mindcrack pack with a good bit of mods added in it. But, the weird thing is, is that I add mods one at a time, and lets say I had such and such mod, it causes world leaks. remove it, start a new world, still have world leaks. completely delete and reinstall Mindcrack, and add that mod right back in. No world leaks. Then I would add a mod that never gave me a problem before, and now I would have more world leaks. It seems it is happening at complete random. I had a very large pack built up, until I added a couple mods and even after removing those mods, I still have world leaks. The weird part is, is that now I cant even run a clean, un-modified Mindcrack without world leaks. Even after completely deleting it and redownloading. I have no idea what is causing this.

DR. DOOMADORE

Jul 29, 2019
Java fix did NOT work. We just did a complete roll back from a previous save to 8.0.1. Lost everything done after the patch was applied. Just rolling back the patch and importing the 8.1.0 world resulted in the same problems. The 8.1.0 cannot be allowed to touch your world.

Booker The Geek

Feb 26, 2013
Pacific North West, USA
Sorry about spelling and grammar, am posting from phone.

I was having this same problem with the leaking worlds, was very annoying to have my world crash after 5 - 10 min. didn't matter if it was a preexisting world our brand new. (ALWAYS BACKUP SAVES BEFORE UPDATING!!!!!!)

So after some reading on the forums, googling the issue and a little bit of personal debugging, I solved this issue (temp) for me. Maybe it will work for you.

1. Fresh install of the mod-pack of your choice.
  2. Start Minecraft
  3. Create a new world
  4. DO NOTHING in this world, just get to the point you can open your inventory. Exit Minecraft.
  5. Restart FTB and disable all of the "wireless redstone" mods.
  6. You also want to disable Mystcraft & Twilight Forest.
  7. (Space-holder for more mods to disable as soon as I know which ones to disable. lol :))
  8. Launch Minecraft.
  9. When you reopen your saved game, you are going to get a screen telling you that "Hold up, things are different". Do not worry, you know this because you disabled those mods. Just click YES and enjoy your game.

The reason I am having you open a new world is

Unfortunately, this will most likely cause saved games that have items from that mod already in game to crash, but ymmv.

Good luck, and feel free to ask if you have a question or need some help.

P.S. Updating to the newest java makes the game less laggy. :)

{edit #1} Changed instructions around to be more helpful{/edit}
{edit #2} Added information about Mystcraft and twilight forest.{/edit}

Reactions: Bigdavie
Status
Not open for further replies.