Detected leaking worlds in memory.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Icedd5578

Jul 29, 2019
Same problem here. You know, it's funny. The Updates thread always labels the updates as "In Testing" before pushing them to "Live." What kind of testing is ACTUALLY done? I'm sure the bulk of it is fixing item IDs and other trivial stuff like that but seriously. This seems like a pretty serious error that pops up within a half hour of playing, so if there was serious (or even semi-serious testing) this should have been noticed and fixed before it was pushed out to us.

Kernel_Panic

Jul 29, 2019
I've been having a similar issue...

Kernel_Panic said:
Mod Pack: direwolf20 (all default mods. except I added optifine)
Ram Allocated: 3GB
Log: http://pastebin.com/bQQ5b494
System Specs.: http://pastebin.com/DfFZi8QL

My big concern was with this...

FTB Logger said:
2013-02-20 19:44:54 [SEVERE] [ForgeModLoader] Detected leaking worlds in memory. There are 4 worlds that appear to be persisting. A mod is likely caching the world incorrectly

2013-02-20 19:44:54 [SEVERE] [ForgeModLoader] The world 261be0f (W1) has leaked.

2013-02-20 19:44:54 [SEVERE] [ForgeModLoader] The world 485127b4 (W1) has leaked.

Thread: http://forum.feed-the-beast.com/threads/world-leaking.12337/

If anyone has any ideas on how to resolve this please tell me :)

DWLooney

Jul 29, 2019
Do you use Mystcraft much? I know that it can cause massive memory leaks if you link to worlds enough times
The lag increases exponentially every time you use one
At least, that was when I was playing on tahgcraft, dunno on single player (haven't got that far in my world yet ;))

DWLooney

Jul 29, 2019
sorry, I assumed :p
What mods have you gotten into so far?
Could be:
-Portal Gun
-chickenchunks (or any chunkloaders)
-teleporters
-turtle teleporters
-or there are some bugs with bc pipes
-or a semi-rare bug with fml that causes certain worlds/world types to leak no matter what you do
Also, regarding mystcraft, there is placeholders, or somesuch that takes place right when you load the world for the first time, sometimes if there is an error when that happens, it can sometimes show its face.
If you haven't gotten into any of those mods yet, it's probs the latter, and you would have to start anew, sorry

Yusunoha

Jul 29, 2019
sorry, I assumed :p
What mods have you gotten into so far?
Could be:
-Portal Gun
-chickenchunks (or any chunkloaders)
-teleporters
-turtle teleporters
-or there are some bugs with bc pipes
-or a semi-rare bug with fml that causes certain worlds/world types to leak no matter what you do
Also, regarding mystcraft, there is placeholders, or somesuch that takes place right when you load the world for the first time, sometimes if there is an error when that happens, it can sometimes show its face.
If you haven't gotten into any of those mods yet, it's probs the latter, and you would have to start anew, sorry

the thing is, it doesn't matter what mods we were using, because on a brand new world, we would still crash within 15-20 minutes.

rahk

Jul 29, 2019
Same problem here for us. I'm glad I copied our worlds and tried the update to 8.1.1 Mindcrack on the copy before we went Live with it. We've reverted back to our 8.0.1 Mindcrack save till a solution comes up.

ShireensPlay

Jul 29, 2019
I have this problem now and I don't know what to do. I have an FTB Let's Play and I can't record because of this problem.

Antonyvw

Jul 29, 2019
Is anyone trying to resolve this issue as I dont see any solutions or apologies being posted anywhere?

ShireensPlay

Jul 29, 2019
Is anyone trying to resolve this issue as I dont see any solutions or apologies being posted anywhere?

The Creators of FTB and the Modders should be fixing it... This has been an issue for a very long time and they've done nothing about it.

Antonyvw

Jul 29, 2019
It also seem odd that Direwolf20 has gone on to produce episode 33 of series 5 without noticing it either.

Ive also added a ticket to them but had no one has picked it up as yet even though its been there for over 24 hours.

ShireensPlay

Jul 29, 2019
It also seem odd that Direwolf20 has gone on to produce episode 33 of series 5 without noticing it either.

Ive also added a ticket to them but had no one has picked it up as yet even though its been there for over 24 hours.

It's been there for months (on and off for other users). I watch all of Direwolf's video and I've only seen him do one bug video.

Ashzification

Jul 29, 2019
We have quite the backlog still. Every time we get the backlog under control, something updates. This week has been especially tough since Java decided to update as well, and apparently the Mac/Java workaround is not working for many users.
Personally, I'm leaning towards this being a Java error. As soon as we're able to determine what the best solution is, we (the Help Desk staff) will get the word out. I'll likely be creating a new Knowledgebase article when a solid fix/workaround is found.

W5TH

Jul 29, 2019

What you say occurred to me also, it seems very odd that DW20 has apparently studiously avoided Mystcraft in Season 5 though in Season 4 SMP he and the gang are using linking books extensively. All the same, the circumstance is compelling. I have also tried adding the line of code to the launcher but this has not helped.

Status
Not open for further replies.