Detected leaking worlds in memory.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jacobbelveder

Jul 29, 2019
UPDATE: it seems to be an issue with the loading and unloading of worlds. I removed all the mods (except forge and NEI) and loaded a world (a) that was fine for 5 minutes or so, so I unloaded and made a new world (b) and as world b loaded, the memory leak mentioned world a, so It looks like for some reason even without any additional mods, the worlds and loading, and unloading correctly. I'll go submit a support ticket with my findings I guess

kmos255

Jul 29, 2019
17:32:15
CONSOLE:
[Avertissement] Can't keep up! Did the system time change, or is the server overloaded?
17:32:51
CONSOLE:
[Grave] Detected leaking worlds in memory. There are 4 worlds that appear to be persisting. A mod is likely caching the world incorrectly
CONSOLE:
[Grave] The world 51211779 (world) has leaked.
CONSOLE:
[Grave] The world 2e279a03 (world) has leaked.

mindcrack v8.1.1 with fresh install and our server got this problem

AaronE215

Jul 29, 2019
Just adding some more. It first happened to me after I left the End for the first time. I turned off the game as I was finished for the evening, but couldn't reload it this morning. I don't know if that has anything to do with it, as people are reporting it when they haven't gone to any other dimensions like the End or Nether, but thought I would add to the body of evidence.

It is the same error across Mindcrack and DW20 packs, so I assume it has something to do with a shared mod, and people have mentioned Forge already..

masa

Jul 29, 2019
I did a little bit of digging into the cause of this. I do not know the specifics or how the mods actually work and so forth, but I narrowed the cause down to the combination Forge and ChickenChunks.

(I'm using the MindCrack pack)
I started by removing the mods that got updated since MindCrack v8.0.1, about one or two mods at a time.
The errors would still occur after removing all the mods that got updated this round. Then I continued to remove some of the older mods.

When I got to ChickenChunks, the error disappeared.
So I reset my server to the backup of the v8.1.1, and tried to disable just ChickenChunks, and it worked, no errors.
Lastly I tried to downgrade forge (= swap the ftbserver.jar to that of v8.0.1) and with that, it worked even with ChickenChunks enabled, no errors. (Railcraft needs newer Forge, so it will not work with the older ftbserver.jar)

As has been discussed here: http://forum.feed-the-beast.com/thr...it-plugins-stopped-working.12030/#post-138397 it seems that ChickenChunks force-unloads the dimensions (or something), and apparently at least the newer Forge does not like that, or at least it has learned to complain about it.

That unloading can be seen from the server console. The server unloads all the dimensions after about 30s after the server has started, if ChickenChunks is installed. And that is when Forge complains about the memory leak. Without ChickenChunks, I did not notice the unloading messages at all, even when I logged into the server, built a nether portal, went to the nether and came back, and then disconnected.

Yusunoha

Jul 29, 2019
I did a little bit of digging into the cause of this. I do not know the specifics or how the mods actually work and so forth, but I narrowed the cause down to the combination Forge and ChickenChunks.

(I'm using the MindCrack pack)
I started by removing the mods that got updated since MindCrack v8.0.1, about one or two mods at a time.
The errors would still occur after removing all the mods that got updated this round. Then I continued to remove some of the older mods.

When I got to ChickenChunks, the error disappeared.
So I reset my server to the backup of the v8.1.1, and tried to disable just ChickenChunks, and it worked, no errors.
Lastly I tried to downgrade forge (= swap the ftbserver.jar to that of v8.0.1) and with that, it worked even with ChickenChunks enabled, no errors. (Railcraft needs newer Forge, so it will not work with the older ftbserver.jar)

As has been discussed here: http://forum.feed-the-beast.com/thr...it-plugins-stopped-working.12030/#post-138397 it seems that ChickenChunks force-unloads the dimensions (or something), and apparently at least the newer Forge does not like that, or at least it has learned to complain about it.

That unloading can be seen from the server console. The server unloads all the dimensions after about 30s after the server has started, if ChickenChunks is installed. And that is when Forge complains about the memory leak. Without ChickenChunks, I did not notice the unloading messages at all, even when I logged into the server, built a nether portal, went to the nether and came back, and then disconnected.

like you, I did some testing. I disabled all mods except forge, loaded it, no problem.
I added back in ccc and nei, loaded, no problem.
I added back in the base mods such as BC, IC, RP etc, loaded, no problem.

then I added back in most mods that were in the last version, except the ones with a pretty big update, or were a bit unsure, loaded, no problem.

then I started adding them in 1 by 1, end result, chickenchunks.
now I disabled it, and I didn't get the error anymore.
I don't know if the game will still lagg or crash, but if you don't hear from me in the upcoming hour, I didn't crash xD

EDIT: sadly, I did not last the hour. about 10 minutes ingame, I crashed. I thought it could be coincidences, so I tried again, found my turtle lumberjack up in a tree, converted back into a normal turtle, but k, I went back to playing. again, about 10 minutes ingame, another crash. just to be completely sure, I tried a third time, and again, 10 minutes ingame, I crashed. note that I remove chickenchunks now, and did no longer get the "Detected leaking worlds in memory. There are 4 worlds that appear to be persisting. A mod is likely caching the world incorrectly" error. also note, the third time minecraft just froze and crashed and went back to the launcher.

here's another pastebin http://pastebin.com/ycgL9uBp
it's a good thing mojang hasn't added in tables to minecraft, otherwise I'd have flipped them all by now -_-

Vans321

Jul 29, 2019
I also had this error after playing for about 20 minutes. I dropped from 35 fps to 0. In the console it said 7 worlds were persisting ect..., however i havent used any mystcraft ages. I guess the lesson here is do not update immediately until the bugs have been hammered out

Mutabulis

Jul 29, 2019
EDIT: sadly, I did not last the hour. about 10 minutes ingame, I crashed. I thought it could be coincidences, so I tried again, found my turtle lumberjack up in a tree, converted back into a normal turtle, but k, I went back to playing. again, about 10 minutes ingame, another crash. just to be completely sure, I tried a third time, and again, 10 minutes ingame, I crashed. note that I remove chickenchunks now, and did no longer get the "Detected leaking worlds in memory. There are 4 worlds that appear to be persisting. A mod is likely caching the world incorrectly" error. also note, the third time minecraft just froze and crashed and went back to the launcher.

here's another pastebin http://pastebin.com/ycgL9uBp
it's a good thing mojang hasn't added in tables to minecraft, otherwise I'd have flipped them all by now -_-

Well, Im somewhat glad that it wasnt chickenchunk actually causing the problem, removing CC from my server made it so the world wont even load, and i needed to restore my backups. Though I have a feeling it was probably me removing it incorrectly.

halytech

Jul 29, 2019
I get the same thing on all three servers I run, MagicWorld, MindCrack and DW20.

I hope there's a fix soon because the lag that this introduced into the MagicWorld variant is making some of my server denizens grumpy!

TomT

Jul 29, 2019
Same issue here.

19.02 22:22:42 [Server] SEVERE The world 1f357802 (world) has leaked.
19.02 22:22:42 [Server] SEVERE The world 3818d2e (world) has leaked.
19.02 22:22:42 [Server] SEVERE Detected leaking worlds in memory. There are 4 worlds that appear to be persisting. A mod is likely caching the world incorrectly
19.02 22:22:35 [Server] INFO Unloading dimension 1
19.02 22:22:35 [Server] INFO [Thaumcraft] Removed -18 aura nodes when world 1 unloaded.
19.02 22:22:35 [Server] INFO Unloading dimension 7
19.02 22:22:35 [Server] INFO [Thaumcraft] Removed -18 aura nodes when world 7 unloaded.

I removed ChickenChunks and restarted my server, no errors, put it back in, restarted, and got the messages above.

AaronE215

Jul 29, 2019
Most signs are pointing to chicken chunks it seems... Anyone report this on the new support site yet?

Yusunoha

Jul 29, 2019
sigh, pretty much a day has gone by, and still nothing.
I tried loading a clean DW20 pack and EP30 world into MultiMC, same thing happens.
I really have no idea anymore how to solve this problem. removing chickenchunks does get rid of the error, but you still end up lagging really bad and crashing...

hotblack desiato

Jul 29, 2019
UPDATE: it seems to be an issue with the loading and unloading of worlds. I removed all the mods (except forge and NEI) and loaded a world (a) that was fine for 5 minutes or so, so I unloaded and made a new world (b) and as world b loaded, the memory leak mentioned world a, so It looks like for some reason even without any additional mods, the worlds and loading, and unloading correctly. I'll go submit a support ticket with my findings I guess
similar thing here:

I get these messages approx. once an hour, no problems, just the messsages (in fact, MC has twice the FPS than before this update). when I left my serious play world and entered the testworld (a normal flat world), I still got those messages about the other worlds leaking. but I never experienced any huge fps-drops or so.

Kallex3000

Jul 29, 2019
I'm having the exact same problem but i never get the frame rate drops the world just freezes gives me the same message and after that says out of memmory and there is no way for me to highten how much ram i use to more than 1 gb. Before i had a smimilar problem and disabled chicken chunks but the game kept crashing and and stopped loading worlds.

Yusunoha

Jul 29, 2019
I tried raising the ram to 4gb, nothing helped.
I also tried loading the EP30 world again, now I instantly crash on load. I made a new world, I can go on for about 10-15 minutes before I crash.

Yippy Kai Aye

Jul 29, 2019
I had the same issue right after I updated my server. Several memory leaks with worlds. I restarted the server and haven't had any issues yet. It's been running for at least 12 hours with no problems. Very odd. I have a modified bat file that I use to start my server. I have no idea if that could have effected the memory leak error.

Yusunoha

Jul 29, 2019
the ticket that I posted on the support site got answered, the reply I've gotten was

Code:
Hello Sir / Madam,

Are you using a Mac?

On our our forummembers d1223M posted the following solution that helped quiet abit of other people

[URL]http://forum.feed-the-beast.com/threads/mindcrack-v7-and-v8-stuttering-and-semi-crash.9542/[/URL]

Adding this option to my advanced java options has fixed all my problems on OSX (in fact its now more stable than it was in v7):

-XX:permSize=128m

Kind Regards,
Nessiroj

sadly, I am not on a MAC, but I tried it anyways and surprisingly it worked!
I've been on the DW20 EP30 map for a good 30-40 minutes now, and I haven't lagged or crashed yet.
so the problem seems to be Java.

also, the "Detected leaking worlds in memory." seems to be caused by chickenchunks, but the error was not the cause of the lagg and crash.
hopefully this will also work for all of you.

Burkey

Jul 29, 2019
I'm having the exact same problem. Updated, loaded up my world, and wham! A crash within 5 mins

Status
Not open for further replies.