Detailed information of Changes in v5 of Direwolf20, v8 of MindCrack & v7 of Magic World

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Would you like me to update this for all the Modpack Updates

• Total voters

drazath

Jul 29, 2019
IC2 probably won't give permission to use anything that isn't at least a beta release.

Ah, good point. Well hopefully they'll get an update for v9 - at least we can still update manually like you said. I think my server uses the rev. 193 and from what I hear, it eliminated the enet spam issue altogether.

Wizaerd

Jul 29, 2019
I'm hesitant to try anything that's not marked as recommended, but I really want those new iron golems in Thaumcraft 3.0.2. What issues have there been with the v5 of the DW pack? Is it more pain than pleasure playing with it?

Bigglesworth

Jul 29, 2019
Any Xycraft updates planned for this release? Looking at the changelog, it doesn't appear so. So yay, a bunch more gems I don't use.
Honestly. They look tacky ontop of it. They have the photoshop lens flair/cheapfilter feel. I hope the revamp them with a better look (ore too) and chop the ore abundance in half.

That is a problem with IC2 not FTB. There isn't much FTB can do about that. 170 is the latest IC2 Beta release. If you want to use one of the newer ones that isn't yet released you need to do that yourself until IC2 releases a newer beta version than 170.
Its a problem with FTB is they mindlessly slap it in just because its the most recent version. The whole point of a mod pack launcher is lost at that point. The point is stability, compatibility, and ease of use. if FTB isnt improving those things (esp stability) then I can just install mods myself and be better off.

ICountFrom0

Forum Addict
Aug 21, 2012
Vermont
Every complaint you have is configurable,

I've said it before, I'll say it again. Cop out and a straw man.

With the API you could make TE spit out 100 diamonds for a block of dirt, does that mean that TE is overpowered? Just because it can be configured into working a way, does not mean you should judge it on the way that it can be changed to.

You wouldn't call TE overpowered because you can give it a 100 diamonds per dirt result, thus you can't forgive GT because gregt lets you turn off parts of it.

Anyway, ON TOPIC... I'm looking forward to when easy/medium/hard is right there as an easy option, it'll stop so much shouting. Servers won't need people to go in and change settings, or download additional modified files to be lined up. It could simply be a Mindcrack medium server.

Reactions: Yuka

DoctorOr

Jul 29, 2019
I've said it before, I'll say it again. Cop out and a straw man.

Absolutely not. It is choice.

With the API you could make TE spit out 100 diamonds for a block of dirt, does that mean that TE is overpowered?

Nothing is overpowered if that's the game you want to play.

You wouldn't call TE overpowered because you can give it a 100 diamonds per dirt result, thus you can't forgive GT because gregt lets you turn off parts of it.

Fallacious argument, affirming a disjunct. I wouldn't consider TE overpowered if somebody configured it that way for reasons that have no impact whatsoever on my views of GT

Reactions: arkangyl

Squigie

Jul 29, 2019
Sounds like you just want ez mode. And punishment? Are you kidding? I suppose you think mods should give you a damn hug too instead of killing you for getting yourself into a stupid situation. Exploding machines teaches you not to be retarded, seems like youve had a few blow up in your face. learn.
I have never had a machine explode. I read. I test. Odds are I know more about these mods than you do. Now how about you come up with an actual counter-argument?

Every complaint you have is configurable, all you've done is complain about the choices you have made. Your choice to run the mod. Your choice to config it a certain way. It's still your choice to play on a server, even if the OP of that server has chosen to configure things in a way you don't prefer. The end result is still that you're complaining about having a choice.

This leads me to suspect you _like_ GregTech and want something it provides for you.

Furthermore, it's funny you calling the bronze nerf redundant, because that's not the meaning of the word redundant.

Forestry Config said:
# set to false to disable crafting recipe for bronze
crafting.bronze.enabled=true
If I wanted to use the IC2 bronze recipe instead of the Forestry one I would set that to false. Fixing something that is already fixed? Redundant.

Requiring a compressor to craft storage blocks is an extra step that adds nothing and sets up a learned pattern which results in failure when applied to copper. Differing design schemes between mods inevitably results in traps from contrary patterns that may ensnare newbs. Creating such an inconsistency within a single mod is unequivocally bad design.

Every issue I noted I have rectified in my personal instance. That choice exists does not mean that all choices are valid. Whatever level of affection I posses for GregTech, that I care should be unmistakably apparent from the effort I expend in criticizing it, else I would not bother.

Again you deny the legitimacy of criticism itself. For debate to be purposeful one must first acknowledge that it can be purposeful.

Reactions: TiGG

DoctorOr

Jul 29, 2019
If I wanted to use the IC2 bronze recipe instead of the Forestry one I would set that to false. Fixing something that is already fixed? Redundant.

Not redundant, because you've chosen to run GregTech.

Requiring a compressor to craft storage blocks is an extra step that adds nothing and sets up a learned pattern which results in failure when applied to copper.

No, it doesn't. The plating recipe was moved to the rolling machine.

Unless you turn that config off.

Differing design schemes between mods

.... is the entire point of modding in the first place.

NateSci

Jul 29, 2019
Not redundant, because you've chosen to run GregTech.

No, it doesn't. The plating recipe was moved to the rolling machine.

Unless you turn that config off.

.... is the entire point of modding in the first place.

I like you DoctorOr, its as if these kids don't know what a config file is.

On my server, I run a highly customized list of config files that cater to what myself and my server people envision easy/med/hard to be. Complaining about GT and crying about something exploding....GT was THE MOST EASILY CONFIGURABLE FILE OUT OF THE ENTIRE MOD PACK!

Don't like it? change it, and get off of the hate train.

Yuka

Jul 29, 2019
Don't like it? change it, and get off of the hate train.

Be it for or against, having the "they're in a 'hate train" mentality really does not put you in a better position.
Everyone's allowed their opinion, just because they disagree with yours does not mean they're in some sort of special group dedicated to contradict you.

Plus you are trying to do the same thing as said "hate train," one can as easily call your opinion "fanboy train" mentality...or something, you get the point, saying it does not make it true and does not validate your point in the slightest, nor does it deter the opposing one(s).

I do think a good discussion is good in these sort of matters, but when you get to the point where either will simply deny anything the other party says or start thinking they're arguing just "to hate," is the point where it stops being a discussion and it turns into what basically is people covering their ears and yelling "lalala, you're wrong, I'm righ!"

VikeStep

Jul 29, 2019
Hello everyone, please can we stop fighting about GregTech, we all have our opinions and we are entitled to them, but I don't believe people have the right to start big fights about those opinions. If you want a fight about those opinions, make a thread for it. This thread is about the Modpack updates, not about how much we hate/love GregTech.

Unium

Jul 29, 2019
I'm with VikeStep in this one.... stop fighting people. Its only a mod, and we as a community are way bigger. We need to start focusing on resolving people issues and actually help instead of complaining and whining about stuff that is broken or does not meet the quality requirements our little brain thought were ''demandable''.

Anywho..... v8 of mindcrack will change some stuff? yes.... am i happy with stuff beeing changed? allways... why? it means people that understaind programming and complicated software stuff care about this game and this community and is whilling to put their free time on the line in order to create this awesome mods we've seen so far.

Take it easy... Cumpz
Uni

Abdiel

Jul 29, 2019
You go to a car dealership, and you're given a choice between a Prius and a Hummer. You are well aware of their differences, and you consciously choose the Hummer. Then you complain that your gas bill is through the roof.

You have a choice, neither choice is intrinsically good or bad. You might like it one way, but that doesn't make the other way wrong. Nor does it give the right to bash people who like the other choice, or the people who allow them to pick that choice.

zooqooo

Jul 29, 2019
Forestry 2 will change apatite, it is now rarer and spawns above ground (mountains, etc.) but it also drops more than one per ore and spawns in large veins.
They also nerfed ash, so self sustaining systems will need apatite now

Bevo

Jul 29, 2019
Do you guys think we'll be getting forestry 2 today? Its out and it is monday...
Forestry 2 has been added to the update. WOOT! \o/ As has TE 2.2 with the new teleport pipe machines.

What I am now curious about is IC2's open beta has been updated from 112.170 to 113.205 this morning [See last page's discussion before Greg-tech derailed thread]. I hope this makes it into the updates for the packs tonight. It would really be a huge help to those of us running the servers. At least it would make our lives a bit easier. :p

zilvarwolf

Jul 29, 2019
Multiblock farms are looking pretty nifty, but I'm worried about my cactus->biomass farms. First we can guess that it's going to take a lot more farms to work (60 block farms are quite a bit smaller than the 400-something the old farms supported. Has anyone who's been using it early tried and can anyone offer observations about relative efficiency (ie, how many farms will be needed to be equivalent to a double-stacked cactus farm)?

Summit

Jul 29, 2019
Yeah, I am also curious. They seem to be getting a serious nerf and if the new farms are going to be taken serious the old farms are going to have to be eliminated. If the old farms are eliminated I can see Steve's Carts farms in my future.

Dragonfel

Jul 29, 2019
Multiblock farms are looking pretty nifty, but I'm worried about my cactus->biomass farms. First we can guess that it's going to take a lot more farms to work (60 block farms are quite a bit smaller than the 400-something the old farms supported. Has anyone who's been using it early tried and can anyone offer observations about relative efficiency (ie, how many farms will be needed to be equivalent to a double-stacked cactus farm)?

The old farms aren't going anywhere for a while, so you don't need to be worried quite yet.