Detailed information of Changes in v5 of Direwolf20, v8 of MindCrack & v7 of Magic World

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Would you like me to update this for all the Modpack Updates

• Total voters

The Big Gaz

Jul 29, 2019
im using direwolf20 and it crashes due to a problem with mystcraft, from what i can tell the twilight forest mod is trying to generate in what mystcraft would call age 7 and i already have an age there is there a way to get twilight forest to spawn in a different place?

Abdiel

Jul 29, 2019
im using direwolf20 and it crashes due to a problem with mystcraft, from what i can tell the twilight forest mod is trying to generate in what mystcraft would call age 7 and i already have an age there is there a way to get twilight forest to spawn in a different place?
In TwillightForest.cfg, edit I:dimensionID to a free dimension ID.

Sprung

Jul 29, 2019
FYI

With the change to the magmatic engines and the magma crucible in order to get MJ out of netherrack now you have to use 9 magmatic engines running the crucible. This produces some excess MJ to your redstone energy cell and a tinch of extra lava for a thermal generator.

Reactions: BalanceSeeker

VikeStep

Jul 29, 2019
Any Xycraft updates planned for this release? Looking at the changelog, it doesn't appear so. So yay, a bunch more gems I don't use.
There isn't a change to xycraft however, thaumcraft has added a use for it, i will spoiler it as Azanor tried to hide it in the changelog
Most xychorium items now have aspects!!!
These are the new Aspects:
All of these have 2 Vitreus (except quartz crystal has 4)
Blue Xychorium: 2 Imperito
Green Xychorium: 2 Victus
Red Xychorium: 2 Fractus
Dark Xychorium: 2 Tenebris
Light Xychorium: 2 Lux
Quartz Crystal: 1 Potentia

Xychloridites will have the same aspect from each xychlorium but 2 Metallium instead of Vitreus

EternalDensity

Jul 29, 2019
I'm really liking the look of the TE changes, and it looks like it has some configuration options to allow GT to make it harder. Heheheh :p

VikeStep: good work, putting all the changelogs together like this is very useful.

CWW256

Jul 29, 2019
When you say someone is do you mean they are adding my info or your info from the other thread.

And thanks to everyone else For your support on this, I was a bit overwhelmed going to sleep with 11 yes's on the poll and waking up to 62 :D

P.S. I was wondering if this thread could be to moved to Modpack Updates section for discoverability and because this is only about that, if not that is fine

Private message sent related to making VikeStep's great work more official =)

VikeStep

Jul 29, 2019
I found the changes for the MFFS mod now after scurrying through his forum posts. :D
ModularForcefieldSystem by ThunderDark: 2.2.8.2.14 to 2.2.8.3.6
V2.2.8.3.6
  • fix crashbug
  • fix texture Bug in Projector
  • fix Convertor Powerloop
  • change FF touch Damage System only Damage Player without rights

• workon/fix Memory Leak and CPU Leak
  • add new Stuff and changed make new some Parts..

• Hotfixing: CPU "LAG" with Large Forcefields reduced by ~ 70%
  • CPU "LAG" with Forcefield NPC/Player Defece reduced by ~80%
  • add: Config Option for DefenceStation in NPC Mode to disable enter area notification
  • change: DefenceStation in search not Spam every second only if found prohibited items..and removes this
  • ..lot of internal Code changes for new ControlSystem Update...

I have noticed NEI is much faster at retrieving uses for materials. I think you could add that to a change for it.
I don't know if that is an official change or not (I haven't noticed it on mine) could be that you aren't using as much RAM or other programs while playing

jnads

Jul 29, 2019
Made Energy Explosions of my Machines even more dangerous, by letting Machines emit EU upon explosion IN ALL 6 DIRECTIONS! First it emits a packet of 32 EU, then 128, 512, 2048 and 8192 EU, which will fry pretty much every Cable and detonate any Machine connected to said Cable. This makes LV carrying Glassfibre (in comparsion to Copper Cables) even more dangerous, as the Cable gets fried at 2048 and not 128 EU (what would prevent any other Explosion Reaction).

That sick bastard!

I'm not making GregTech machines anymore.

NateSci

Jul 29, 2019
That sick bastard!

I'm not making GregTech machines anymore.

So don't pump more than 512 EU through glass fiber, problem solved....... srsly...Just like something that takes 32 EU you wont hook it DIRECTLY to a MFSU now would you!!.....

jnads

Jul 29, 2019
So don't pump more than 512 EU through glass fiber, problem solved....... srsly...Just like something that takes 32 EU you wont hook it DIRECTLY to a MFSU now would you!!.....
I don't think you fully read what he changed.

Anyhow, he's basically saying when a machine explodes, it triggers 2048EU/t in all the glass fiber cables, then causing your other machines to explode. I don't know about you, but I have all my machines connected via Glass Fiber cable, no matter what the voltage.

Essentially he's trying to double-penalize glass fiber cables. They're already expensive. Now they make all your crap blow up too.

I know the obvious response "don't hook it to the wrong voltage". But sometimes the documentation is poor. Or sometimes people make mistakes.

Reactions: Zivel

NateSci

Jul 29, 2019
When you get enough resources make gregtech machines you should know by now how much power is allowed through cables.

Reactions: arkangyl

Abdiel

Jul 29, 2019
I don't think you fully read what he changed.

Anyhow, he's basically saying when a machine explodes, it triggers 2048EU/t in all the glass fiber cables, then causing your other machines to explode.

Not exactly. It sends packets of increasing sizes from 32 up to 2048 EU. This allows for a quite realistic solution: a circuit breaker. Insert one piece of copper wire in the power line leading to your LV machine. If the machine breaks for some reason, the 32 EU packet goes through harmlessly, but the 128 EU packet fries the copper cable and doesn't get through to the rest of your machinery.

Korenn

Jul 29, 2019
It means you should quarantine your gregtech machines if you're afraid of messing up. Stick transformers any place you want it to separate from the rest (even when you keep the voltage the same), they act as barriers.

Reactions: ICountFrom0

NateSci

Jul 29, 2019
It means you should quarantine your gregtech machines if you're afraid of messing up. Stick transformers any place you want it to separate from the rest (even when you keep the voltage the same), they act as barriers.

This!

Anytime someone hears Gregtech they forget about the basics of buildcraft and get confused and scared OH THE END OF THE WORLD!

jnads

Jul 29, 2019
This!

Anytime someone hears Gregtech they forget about the basics of buildcraft and get confused and scared OH THE END OF THE WORLD!
In buildcraft, machines blow up, but it only harms machines next to them, much like when a Creeper explodes.

This will harm every machine in your IC2 network, no matter what modpack it's from.

And I can't really do the copper thing. I put all my wiring in the floor and cover it with construction foam, and just set the machine on the floor. My machine shop is seamless. There isn't any real "last node".

I still think it's a retarded change. I'll probably isolate my industrial centrifuges and GT machines now. Fortunately, the only GT machine I have is the industrial centrifuge. Otherwise I use Advanced Machines for the other stuff.

NateSci

Jul 29, 2019
In buildcraft, machines blow up, but it only harms machines next to them, much like when a Creeper explodes.

This will harm every machine in your IC2 network, no matter what modpack it's from.

And I can't really do the copper thing. I put all my wiring in the floor and cover it with construction foam. There isn't any real "last node".

I still think it's a retarded change. I'll probably isolate my industrial centrifuges and GT machines now. Fortunately, the only GT machine I have is the industrial centrifuge. Otherwise I use advanced machines for the other stuff.

They will not go through transformers or chain react blocks. Just use a transformer or even a different cable which was mentioned above and you will be fine. You are making a mountain from an Ant hill.....

DoctorOr

Jul 29, 2019

No, it won't. Because I won't be hitting machines with a pickaxe like somebody who doesn't know anything about IC2. Machines don't *randomly* explode, like they do in buildcraft.

If you're really concerned, stop using glass fiber everywhere. Copper wire will melt first, and the machine will never get the energy surge.

jnads

Jul 29, 2019
No, it won't. Because I won't be hitting machines with a pickaxe like somebody who doesn't know anything about IC2. Machines don't *randomly* explode, like they do in buildcraft.

If you're really concerned, stop using glass fiber everywhere. Copper wire will melt first, and the machine will never get the energy surge.
BC machines don't "randomly explode". They only explode if you don't cool them enough, or extract all the power.

I already said the simple solution is to isolate GregTech machines on a separate grid.

But it's still a dick move by GregTech for changing something so critical in a minor revision. Now I have to alter the design of my base (again, glass fiber in the floors making a "power grid", covered up by construction foam). Just place a machine and it has power.