Dartcraft: One of the most overpowered mods of our time

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here
  • FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord
Status
Not open for further replies.

rymmie1981

Jul 29, 2019
Do they even work outside of Peaceful? No idea if anything changed has changed recently, but last time I tested them out they didn't. Diamond sword in the chest and all. Then, as soon as I opened the options menu and changed the difficulty, mobs started spawning for a split second and the chest started getting items.

Right, they don't work outside of peaceful, but that's the point I was making. You can get ghast tears and blaze rods and ender pearls without ever seeing a mob, but no one complains about it. This doesn't affect me at all, and I personally don't care, but I can't fathom how none of these "balance police" ever say a thing about it.

KirinDave

Jul 29, 2019
Right, they don't work outside of peaceful, but that's the point I was making. You can get ghast tears and blaze rods and ender pearls without ever seeing a mob, but no one complains about it. This doesn't affect me at all, and I personally don't care, but I can't fathom how none of these "balance police" ever say a thing about it.

This only affects people who want to play on peaceful. Before: they'd just spawn in what they need. Now there is a mechanic that lets them not feel bad for going into NEI cheat mode. This is a good feature and the modding world needs more of them.

RedBoss

Jul 29, 2019
It's kind of a moot point you're making. There's no point in trying to balance peaceful mode. It's played by a severe minority. I remember a while back that this was the only option for a poster's wife who had panic issues yet wanted to experience smp. There's also those that can't take the surprise of a creeper blast without having heart problems. Also small children whose parents may want to limit certain perceived violent situations.

It's awesome that a mod item addresses this. And it's already in peaceful mode. The normal balance rules don't apply when there's no combat.

SpitefulFox

Jul 29, 2019
I've noticed that my mining speed drops considerably when using a TiC tool while wearing a piece of Force Armor. I'm under the impression that Force Armor doesn't recognize TiC tools and is trying to use its "Force Punch" ability in substitute. Is that what's going on?

And does anyone have a list of Throttles for the Force Engine?

Jakeb

Jul 29, 2019
I've noticed that my mining speed drops considerably when using a TiC tool while wearing a piece of Force Armor. I'm under the impression that Force Armor doesn't recognize TiC tools and is trying to use its "Force Punch" ability in substitute. Is that what's going on?

Was your TiC tool electric? I noticed the same thing happening with my force drill so I had to quit wearing my force armor.

The classless

Jul 29, 2019
you know what I am just done with all the the this is op or that is op go play unhinged, vanilla, or take out the mod you think are op. honestly op is the opinion of a person or persons just enjoy ftb your way and stop complaining to the forums about how you forgot to turn off the mod you don't like

Zelfana

Jul 29, 2019
The force armor is applying an efficiency modifier? Might be overriding the efficiency on the tool.

Dee_Twenty

Jul 29, 2019

Offhand I know water and milk can be used as throttles, water is the cheapest and weakest throttle, milk is, I think, the best. Not sure if there are others or not.

Jakeb

Jul 29, 2019
Offhand I know water and milk can be used as throttles, water is the cheapest and weakest throttle, milk is, I think, the best. Not sure if there are others or not.

No, crushed ice is the best modifier, milk is somewhere in between crushed ice and water.

Dee_Twenty

Jul 29, 2019
No, crushed ice is the best modifier, milk is somewhere in between crushed ice and water.

Ah, that must be the bee related throttle mentioned on the Dartcraft thread, that would explain why I couldn't think of it off hand, never bothered with bees.

Jakeb

Jul 29, 2019
Ah, that must be the bee related throttle mentioned on the Dartcraft thread, that would explain why I couldn't think of it off hand, never bothered with bees.

Yeah, me neither, I wouldn't know about it unless someone had told me what it was.

DoctorOr

Jul 29, 2019

Survival is a game, or at least intended to be. Risk, reward, etc. And if some mod breaks that cycle, it matters.

Peaceful has no risk. The reward cycle is already horribly broken. If a mod breaks that even further, it's not an issue.

Although I will say, anybody who plays on peaceful and doesn't just turn on creative is fooling themselves.

Pinkishu

Jul 29, 2019
The worst thing about the armor compared to MPS is that you can't turn the bloody thing off, its so annoying at times when I just try to jump a little or walk a little or NOT go up a block :p

@Force Armor Efficiency:
Yeah, you can easily see this by equipping force armor and trying to punch dirt, takes forever, then take it off and there it goes quickly. Though once you have speed on all 4 armor pieces it seems to do fine :p

The Wrench feels slightly OP in the sense that you can store a full chest in a full chest in a full chest [...]

Engines are ok-ish but afaik even when running on the best throttle not as good as Boilers

Dee_Twenty

Jul 29, 2019
Although I will say, anybody who plays on peaceful and doesn't just turn on creative is fooling themselves.

I beg to differ, I tend to switch between peaceful and my normal difficulty setting depending on what I'm doing, if I'm just sitting around inside my base waiting on machines to process my stuff or doing Thaumcraft research or otherwise not setting foot outside for a long period of time I'll switch to peaceful simply because the sound of spiders and blue slimes outside trying to get to me is annoying, and since I'm not going outside where mobs are a concern why bother having them spawning and driving me up the wall with their noises until I'm ready to grab my sword and pick and go out for an expedition?

Hydra

Jul 29, 2019
Why does no one complain about Extra Utilities either? Have you ever made a Peaceful Table?

It only works when the game is set to peaceful, which most servers don't. And if you're on a server set to peaceful you NEED something like that because there's no other way to get some mob drops if they're not spawning.

Hydra

Jul 29, 2019
I beg to differ, I tend to switch between peaceful and my normal difficulty setting depending on what I'm doing

You have to keep in mind that a LOT of people play on servers where this simply isn't an option. When I'm on SP I do the same, the mobs are just too annoying and just get in the way.

cynric

Jul 29, 2019
Survival is a game, or at least intended to be. Risk, reward, etc. And if some mod breaks that cycle, it matters.

Peaceful has no risk. The reward cycle is already horribly broken. If a mod breaks that even further, it's not an issue.

I disagree. Sure, peaceful removes the danger of mobs, but those dangers aren't that big anyways and other mods remove even more dangers from the game. Ranged weapons that oneshot mobs before you even get into their detection range, armor that makes you almost invulnerable and immune to all kinds of dangers (drowning, falling to death, poisons, ...), magnum torches that remove the possibility of a creeper spawning where they shouldn't and blowing up your base, soulshards or other methods of spawning and killing mobs automatically, so you don't need to even go near them.

As for creative vs. peaceful ... creative provides you with god mode (far more than peaceful does) and unlimited resources, which removes the whole resource gathering, storing, manufacturing aspect.

Status
Not open for further replies.