Crash Landing, help, venting and discussion!

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

PODonnell

Jul 29, 2019
it's should be added in first post
I know right? I mean how can the pack author expect his players to educate themselves on the mods in question so as to be ready to hit the ground running. Nor should it be expected that if a player runs into trouble that he/she run forum searches..... the first page should have a step by step set of instructions leading us from the first day to the completion of the quest book.......[DOUBLEPOST=1410940047][/DOUBLEPOST]
why redstone torches,but not fire on netherrack?
he's setting up an auto-composter in his sixth step, not a crucible. the redstone torches are to power the ducts. You could also use levers, or choose to use hoppers instead.

Rubik842

Jul 29, 2019
I know right? I mean how can the pack author expect his players to educate themselves on the mods in question so as to be ready to hit the ground running.......

In the gigantic 350 page thread Iskandar said a few times that it was intended to be a challenging pack for experienced people.
Perhaps that should be statedfirst and foremost in the description on the launcher before people download the pack.
Throwing people in the deep end is standard operating procedure with minecraft, cast your mind back to your first ever survival world - I think nearly everyone had to get on the net and look up how to punch trees and hide for that first night.

In other words I dont mind going and looking up how to do things, or figuring out my own way to solve a problem rather than a step by step how-to.

andysim

Jul 29, 2019
How do you get animals other than chickens? In agrarian skies i did the grass patch thing but it does not work in CL.

Golrith

Over-Achiever
Trusted User
Nov 11, 2012
How do you charge your jetpacks? I've completed the quest that gives the thrusters as a possible reward, so built a jetpack. But, I've realised I cannot charge it since cannot yet craft the TE charging thingy (unable to make PCBs yet), and I cannot see any other charging options. Jetpack would really help with raiding the city.

ratchet freak

Nov 11, 2012
use the flux capacitors you get from quests, IIRC they should be used automatically if they are in your inventory (they may or may not need to be shinied)

Teebor

Jul 29, 2019
How do you charge your jetpacks? I've completed the quest that gives the thrusters as a possible reward, so built a jetpack. But, I've realised I cannot charge it since cannot yet craft the TE charging thingy (unable to make PCBs yet), and I cannot see any other charging options. Jetpack would really help with raiding the city.

Get a charged capacitor like one of the ones you get from a quest or are given in the strongbox at the start.
Put it on your hotbar and right click it to activate it, you will see its colour change to indicate this
Put the jet pack on your hotbar, you should then see it start charging.

madnewmy

Jul 29, 2019
Get a charged capacitor like one of the ones you get from a quest or are given in the strongbox at the start.
Put it on your hotbar and right click it to activate it, you will see its colour change to indicate this
Put the jet pack on your hotbar, you should then see it start charging.
Shift right click to activate
And you need to hold the jetpack in yoir hands

Reactions: Teebor

adamich

Jul 29, 2019
I know right?
I'm sorry, but what do U know?
and how it go with my post?
i'd say that info about fruit trees must be posted in first post of this thread.
And if U R in self-education and don't want any help, then why U R reading this topic?

Tylor

Nov 24, 2012
My starting stratagy
1.Get and sift about128 (2 stacks) of dust
2.cut down 2 or 3 trees
3.craft slab furnace
You can get cobble slabs fast by connecting water and pyrotheum or by using blackstone cobble from the road (make sure it's cobble, not gravel - they look nearly the same)

madnewmy

Jul 29, 2019
i'd say that info about fruit trees must be posted in first post of this thread.
And if U R in self-education and don't want any help, then why U R reading this topic?
Actually pod knows a lot
Oh and fruit tree are pretty much crap, they are not needed in any recipe other the hearty breakfeast which can be almost any other fruit
And maybe because he can give help?
How do we make a reactor controller plz leave a comment on how to
There are some reactor building in certain city (tall round shaped) you can get one there (with tons of dark glass/clear glass/reactor glass for that matter)

PODonnell

Jul 29, 2019
I note that those suggesting the flux capacitors didn't mention the tuberous. Don't forget that if you run out of the superior capacitors you can manufacer tuberous capacitors until you get an energetic infuser up and running.

PODonnell

Jul 29, 2019
the post I originally quoted was suggesting that making shears and fruit trees should be on the opening page...... These are both pretty basic functionality with any understanding of the mods in question.

I am on the CL forums to help those who need it, track bugs, contribute my two cents regarding the packs development, and to discuss functionality you'll never find in a wiki.

The first page is a place to describe the basic details of the mods, and perhaps add instructions regarding issues specific to this pack..... not a place to spell out exactly how to survive and list every usefull bit of info from the various mods.[DOUBLEPOST=1410970061][/DOUBLEPOST]
In the gigantic 350 page thread Iskandar said a few times that it was intended to be a challenging pack for experienced people.
Perhaps that should be statedfirst and foremost in the description on the launcher before people download the pack.
Throwing people in the deep end is standard operating procedure with minecraft, cast your mind back to your first ever survival world - I think nearly everyone had to get on the net and look up how to punch trees and hide for that first night.

In other words I dont mind going and looking up how to do things, or figuring out my own way to solve a problem rather than a step by step how-to.
Just to be clear, the internet needs a sarcasm font. I was in no way being serious.

Raveb

Jul 29, 2019
the post I originally quoted was suggesting that making shears and fruit trees should be on the opening page...... These are both pretty basic functionality with any understanding of the mods in question.

I am on the CL forums to help those who need it, track bugs, contribute my two cents regarding the packs development, and to discuss functionality you'll never find in a wiki.

The first page is a place to describe the basic details of the mods, and perhaps add instructions regarding issues specific to this pack..... not a place to spell out exactly how to survive and list every usefull bit of info from the various mods.[DOUBLEPOST=1410970061][/DOUBLEPOST]
Just to be clear, the internet needs a sarcasm font. I was in no way being serious.

I think he meant it should be posted on the front page of THIS thread, the one with all the helpful hints ;)

Also, I totally agree on the Tuberous capacitors. Those things are awesome, easy to make, and give you a bit of food after they give you power. I think most people overlook them because they are so easy to bypass. In most situations you'll have stable power before you are making capacitors. In this pack it is awesome that there is a lower end source of early power. Also, don't forget you can use the tuberous capacitors to fill up anything, not just jetpacks.

Golrith

Over-Achiever
Trusted User
Nov 11, 2012
I note that those suggesting the flux capacitors didn't mention the tuberous. Don't forget that if you run out of the superior capacitors you can manufacer tuberous capacitors until you get an energetic infuser up and running.
I've yet to find any spuds, but when I do, I'll bear that in mind.

Golrith

Over-Achiever
Trusted User
Nov 11, 2012
Massive Vent time.

Just lost my entire world. Died, go to reload my sync. Fails to load. Then tells me game over, no more lives (still had my 2 HQM lifes). Deletes save. Even though the hardcore mod had been turned off. There's no way in hell I'm starting all over again.

Why on earth was the map designed on hardcore mode when it wasn't supposed to be used?

Edit: gah, seems I used wrong /hqm command, so totally screwed the sync process. Bugger. Mutters to self about installing AromaBackup so you don't loose everything.

Last edited:

Rubik842

Jul 29, 2019
I'll come right out and say it: I'm cheating, at major milestones I take a backup by copying the saved game directory elsewhere. I try not to do it too often, only after something which was really grindy.
I think it goes against the intent of the pack to do it before doing something risky, I died in the city and lost about 2 hours of prior work which is a fair loss to me.
This is where I feel that the lives like in agrarian skies could work if you chose the easy route, the hard route you would use the sync shell. Not many mind you, maybe one after you complete each quest page/tree. so there are only 3 or 5 in the whole quest log.

Last edited:

Bagman817

Jul 29, 2019
I'll come right out and say it: I'm cheating, at major milestones I take a backup by copying the saved game directory elsewhere. I try not to do it too often, only after something which was really grindy.
I think it goes against the intent of the pack to do it before doing something risky, I died in the city and lost about 2 hours of prior work which is a fair loss to me.
This is where I feel that the lives like in agrarian skies could work if you chose the easy route, the hard route you would use the sync shell. Not many mind you, maybe one after you complete each quest page/tree. so there are only 3 or 5 in the whole quest log.
To be fair, shell storage is not particularly expensive. It's not at all difficult to have 5 clones standing by at all times =)

Reactions: PODonnell