Mod Feedback ChromatiCraft questions and suggestions

Dorque

Jul 29, 2019
In v3 (I think), but definitely in v4, you can replace crystalline stone with runes.
In the case of the last two crystal groups - Orange and White if I recall - it wasn't even a matter of replacing crystalline stone; they were just added on top of existing ones, along the outside edges. When I placed them though the structure flag still zeroed.

I'm about to try it with a Temple.

Dorque

Jul 29, 2019
2015-01-27_03.26.34.png 2015-01-27_03.26.59.png 2015-01-27_03.29.31.png 2015-01-27_03.29.35.png

Well, now, how about that?

So here's the takeaway tonight:

In v3 at least, any recipe intended to be made in a Casting Temple, if its runes are placed instead in a Casting Room (and there's no way to discern which is required from the Lexicon at this point) will actually break the Casting Room (as in, zeroes out the Struct flag).

Reika

RotaryCraft Dev
FTB Mod Dev
Sep 3, 2013
Toronto, Canada
sites.google.com
View attachment 14404 View attachment 14405 View attachment 14406 View attachment 14407

Well, now, how about that?

So here's the takeaway tonight:

In v3 at least, any recipe intended to be made in a Casting Temple, if its runes are placed instead in a Casting Room (and there's no way to discern which is required from the Lexicon at this point) will actually break the Casting Room (as in, zeroes out the Struct flag).
Heat lilies and anything else using the internal 3x3 are not intended to be made in a casting temple (though they certainly can be).

Dorque

Jul 29, 2019
Heat lilies and anything else using the internal 3x3 are not intended to be made in a casting temple (though they certainly can be).
Ok, well, I'm officially declaring that your problem. I just do the testing, you're the developer. ;) Heat Lilies, Orange and White Crystal Groups aren't working in the Room. I'm also finding myself unable to place anything outside the 3x3 grid in the Temple (i.e. the groups required to make a cluster.) and yes, debug shows Tier 2 and the Struct2 flag.

As a totally random aside, making an Aura Cleansing Potion to assist with searching for Tahara crystals (because Warp) is not nearly as clever an idea as I had first thought.

Dorque

Jul 29, 2019
It gets better in v4, where the Aura cleaner actually removes warp.
Which is a beautiful thing, make no mistake, but my biggest concern is with the black screen effect.

That's what I get for doing one single research with an insignificant amount of warp (I swear, the goat knew what it was getting into.)

Someone Else 37

Forum Addict
Feb 10, 2013
I am replacing the scramble text with this:
RlawSoM.png

How does it look?

No, you will not be able to substitution-cipher it, as the letters used change based on context.
I'll support that, as long as I can still search the items in NEI so I don't have to mess around with progression in my test worlds. If I have to go through the whole progression thing just to be able to type "tree berries" into NEI and get a useful result, I'll be just a little annoyed.

In Lexicon recipe ingredient lists and other GUIs, I say go for it.

Reika

RotaryCraft Dev
FTB Mod Dev
Sep 3, 2013
Toronto, Canada
sites.google.com
I'll support that, as long as I can still search the items in NEI so I don't have to mess around with progression in my test worlds. If I have to go through the whole progression thing just to be able to type "tree berries" into NEI and get a useful result, I'll be just a little annoyed.

In Lexicon recipe ingredient lists and other GUIs, I say go for it.
One, there are commands for progression. Two, there are creative mode tabs.

Someone Else 37

Forum Addict
Feb 10, 2013
One, there are commands for progression. Two, there are creative mode tabs.
One, cool! I hope they're documented somewhere.
Two, I've found that NEI doesn't like vanilla Creative mode (it's annoying how the item panel only shows up in the Survival Inventory tab, and I've never had much luck with the search tab), so I've used Creative+ since it was introduced. But point taken.

Also, the current scramble text works fine with NEI. If I type tree berries, I get tree berries with illegible names. So it works fine as of v3d- I just hope your rune update doesn't break that.

Axylxys

Jul 29, 2019
Just coming back on the topic of the lexicon and how to use it... i'm playing for about 10 days on a fresh world with my girlfriend and we both planned to delve into ChromatiCraft and see the new stuff. After figuring how to put info fragments into the lexion, messing a bit with pylons and random stuff, we just couldn't get the lexicon to work despite trying everything we could think about. She just thought it was bugged and forgot about it, as well as me...

Until i decided to sit for 2 hours looking on the net and reading through all the pages of this thread to finally see someone mentionning WASD !... Problem: we're from France, playing with an AZERTY keyboard and while we both tried our movements keys, they're not WASD and the config doesn't adapt to our own settings, so we had pretty much no chance to find out, save for bashing the keyboard over and over to find something that works.

So yeah, it's faster to reach jet fuel tier and almost prepare our nuclear fission reactor than to actually find how to use the ChromatiCraft info book, i think you really should consider an in game tip, some arrows or a config or something to hint at using these keys, Reika, especially for peoples with an AZERTY keyboard not using WASD as default movement keys. If ChromatiCraft at least had a config option in the controls menu to set some keys we could guess we don't have the right ones, but as none of your other mods so far used special keys, we never expected that one. It isn't clear at all especially as the book is pretty much mandatory with very few up-to-date infos on the net.