Mod Feedback ChromatiCraft questions and suggestions

Wagon153

Jul 29, 2019
Its things like this that make me wanna start my own LP series, almost entirely to spotlight (not a dedicated spotlight, but as part of the series itself) Reika's mods for folks that don't seem to get it. I found my headset, I just dunno how well my recording software will work with a heavily-modified MC instance. Worth a test, at least. Besides, modded Minecraft needs an unstoppable, fearless blood knight. It might as well be me.
Do you have at least 4 cpu cores? Alternatively, do you have a NVIDIA GPU(for Shadowplay)? If you answered yes to either of these, you are good to go.

RavynousHunter

Jul 29, 2019
Do you have at least 4 cpu cores? Alternatively, do you have a NVIDIA GPU(for Shadowplay)? If you answered yes to either of these, you are good to go.

I have both, and double the former (8-core AMD Vishera), so...damn straight. I do have to inquire, however, would only having 8GB of RAM hamstring that in any way?

(I say "only" 8GB because the computer originally had 16GB, but one of the RAM sticks was DOA, and I can't get a return/refund because we opened the package.)

Wagon153

Jul 29, 2019
I have both, and double the former (8-core AMD Vishera), so...damn straight. I do have to inquire, however, would only having 8GB of RAM hamstring that in any way?

(I say "only" 8GB because the computer originally had 16GB, but one of the RAM sticks was DOA, and I can't get a return/refund because we opened the package.)
FX-8300 eh? You are good to go on that front. As for the 8 gigs, nah.

Chaos Logic

Jul 29, 2019
There is a glitch with the recipe in the lexicon for the collector. It shows boosted tahara shards needed to craft, however it does work with the normal shards.

RavynousHunter

Jul 29, 2019
How warm are you in the winter? ;)
Hahahahaha, I still manage to get cold. I read the reviews, lol. This thing's got the best air cooling I could reasonably afford, and it seems to be working flawlessly, only problems I had were out of that friggin faulty RAM unit.

linkhyrule5

Jul 29, 2019
Bug report: For some reason, certain machines that can stop working in the middle of operation require breaking and replacing after doing so. In particular, the AC engine, if the shaft core becomes fully demagnetized, will propagate this bug to the entirety of the shaft chain after it - that is, each shaft, clutch, and bevel gear will simply ignore power inputs and refuse to turn until I replace them, as well as any machine I'm powering with the engine. This is doable, if annoying, for small builds, but I'm planning something much larger where it will be completely impractical to completely replace the whole machine at intervals.

Reika

RotaryCraft Dev
FTB Mod Dev
Sep 3, 2013
Toronto, Canada
sites.google.com
Bug report: For some reason, certain machines that can stop working in the middle of operation require breaking and replacing after doing so. In particular, the AC engine, if the shaft core becomes fully demagnetized, will propagate this bug to the entirety of the shaft chain after it - that is, each shaft, clutch, and bevel gear will simply ignore power inputs and refuse to turn until I replace them, as well as any machine I'm powering with the engine. This is doable, if annoying, for small builds, but I'm planning something much larger where it will be completely impractical to completely replace the whole machine at intervals.
Wrong thread, and I have never seen this before. Are you sure it is not just clientside desync?

Dorque

Jul 29, 2019
So is it the fact that I can't find a Rainbow Forest that's blocking my progression? I'm at 55 Fragments and I'd swear I've done everything I can do up to this point, between NEI and the Lexicon, and I can only find blank fragments even so.

If Rainbow Forest is necessary to progress it'd be nice to have a config to adjust its spawn rate, as my poor friend's hard drive is starting to get filled up with my attempts to find one in a BoP world =P

Reika

RotaryCraft Dev
FTB Mod Dev
Sep 3, 2013
Toronto, Canada
sites.google.com
So is it the fact that I can't find a Rainbow Forest that's blocking my progression? I'm at 55 Fragments and I'd swear I've done everything I can do up to this point, between NEI and the Lexicon, and I can only find blank fragments even so.

If Rainbow Forest is necessary to progress it'd be nice to have a config to adjust its spawn rate, as my poor friend's hard drive is starting to get filled up with my attempts to find one in a BoP world =P
At this point in time, there is no progression gated specifically behind a rainbow forest. However, I like the idea.

Dorque

Jul 29, 2019
So, er, what am I doing wrong with the casting room?

I built it as per the diagram (twice, because I assumed my own error first.) I placed my runes aligned with north. I put my recipe in the table - which I've done enough crafting on to make it about Tier Kerbillion (although I can't seem to check; my debug doesn't give in-depth block information, but a stack of all 16 crystal runes and a stack of Chromatic Flowers, among other things, seems like it should be definitive).

Aaaaaaaaaaaand... still nothing and I'm still stuck.

Someone Else 37

Forum Addict
Feb 10, 2013

I built it as per the diagram (twice, because I assumed my own error first.) I placed my runes aligned with north. I put my recipe in the table - which I've done enough crafting on to make it about Tier Kerbillion (although I can't seem to check; my debug doesn't give in-depth block information, but a stack of all 16 crystal runes and a stack of Chromatic Flowers, among other things, seems like it should be definitive).

I don't know. Did you place any blocks inside the structure other than the ones shown in the book before you added the runes necessary for the crafting? If you add any runes before you build the actual structure, it might not work- the video was saying something about that.

Also, it would be nice if there was some way to get useful debugging information regarding these structures from an item in the mod itself. I'd suggest either adding this functionality to the Manipulator or adding a new item to do it, similar to Blood Magic's Divination Sigil.

Reika

RotaryCraft Dev
FTB Mod Dev
Sep 3, 2013
Toronto, Canada
sites.google.com

Are you of sufficient progress?

Mattasdqwe

Jul 29, 2019

did you check the y level relative to the casting table of your runes?

Zandorum

Jul 29, 2019
http://imgur.com/a/LN2oh

Picture 1:
Direction markers on the menu; This would add a way to teach new players without breaking immersion.

Picture 2:
Block names on the structure example; This would allow you to know each different block if you cannot tell the difference between them, this also helps people who are color blind.

Reactions: frogfigther