Mod Feedback ChromatiCraft questions and suggestions

Discussion in 'Mod Discussion' started by Reika, Nov 11, 2014.

1. Someone Else 37

Someone Else 37 Forum Addict

Good to know. But not what I thought initially. I had assumed that the number was how many things it was connected to.
    Also, it's a little hard to tell what the number actually means when there are two different sources- for instance, a pylon and a Lumen tree. Would it be possible to make the manipulator show the number of hops to each source of the given color, or at least how many other sources there are in addition to the one whose distance is shown?

Uhm, where? Neither the Liquid Chroma page nor the page for the block that creates it (whose name escapes my memory) contain the word "solvent" in v3d (I updated just so I could check this), and I haven't found any info at all about the berries outside of this thread.

Something, yes, but it's not clear what. I did notice the crystals jumping up and down periodically, which I figured was your code deleting them and respawning them again in the same place in order to keep them from despawning after five minutes. This led me to leave them in there, but I don't expect the average Minecrafter to make that connection.

If you had called it the Network Debugger, I would agree with you. However, the page in the lexicon aside (didn't I already concede this issue?), there's little reason for anyone who doesn't know that anything can actually debug the network to try any particular item before another. Many mods with power systems don't have any such tool at all- and of those that do, none of them (to my knowledge) use their "wrenches" for that purpose. IC2 has the EU-reader, TE had a Voltmeter (at least, before the switch to RF), Factorization has the Charge Meter, RoC has the Angular Transduer, TC has the Goggles of Revealing...

Because, lexicon page aside (can we please put this issue to rest already?), someone who doesn't know that any tool can actually show what repeaters are connected will see it as a potentially huge effort that may get them nowhere at all. With a typical puzzle, you know that each piece has to go somewhere. With a poorly-documented mod that's as big and complicated as Chromaticraft, you don't even know if any of the pieces fit, much less where.

Also, I think I found a bug: Glass blocks seem to be opaque to the repeater lasers, so the luminescent battery on top of the lumen tree can only connect to repeaters south or west of it.

And another bug: I placed down a storage crystal charger near my multi-aura-repeater-fed lumen tree because the tree, which had grown some leaves, didn't seem to want to charge, even though the manipulator said none of the colors were full and it was connected to a half-dozen different pylons. I wanted to see which pylons were actually connected, in case I managed to break one of the connections somewhere, so I used the charger to test the network. I saw a beam going from the tree directly to the charger, then another refilling the tree from my Galazio pylon, if not some of the others as well. I thought that was a little odd, so I looked at the luminescent battery block with the manipulator to see what was going on, and a couple seconds later, this happened:
    ---- Minecraft Crash Report ----
    // Hey, that tickles! Hehehe!

Time: 1/21/15 8:50 PM
    Description: Exception in server tick loop

java.lang.ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException: -1
    at java.util.ArrayList.elementData(ArrayList.java:400)
    at java.util.ArrayList.get(ArrayList.java:413)
    at Reika.ChromatiCraft.TileEntity.TileEntityPowerTree.grow(TileEntityPowerTree.java:302)
    at Reika.ChromatiCraft.TileEntity.TileEntityPowerTree.drain(TileEntityPowerTree.java:396)
    at Reika.ChromatiCraft.Magic.CrystalNetworker.tick(CrystalNetworker.java:149)
    at Reika.DragonAPI.Auxiliary.Trackers.TickRegistry.serverTick(TickRegistry.java:87)
    at cpw.mods.fml.common.eventhandler.ASMEventHandler_154_TickRegistry_serverTick_ServerTickEvent.invoke(.dynamic)
    at cpw.mods.fml.common.eventhandler.ASMEventHandler.invoke(ASMEventHandler.java:54)
    at cpw.mods.fml.common.eventhandler.EventBus.post(EventBus.java:138)
    at cpw.mods.fml.common.FMLCommonHandler.onPreServerTick(FMLCommonHandler.java:260)
    at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.func_71217_p(MinecraftServer.java:536)
    at net.minecraft.server.integrated.IntegratedServer.func_71217_p(IntegratedServer.java:111)
    at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:427)
    at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer$2.run(MinecraftServer.java:685)

A detailed walkthrough of the error, its code path and all known details is as follows:
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

-- System Details --
    Details:
    Minecraft Version: 1.7.10
    Operating System: Mac OS X (x86_64) version 10.10.1
    Java Version: 1.7.0_71, Oracle Corporation
    Java VM Version: Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM (mixed mode), Oracle Corporation
    Memory: 531845192 bytes (507 MB) / 2101346304 bytes (2004 MB) up to 2101346304 bytes (2004 MB)
    JVM Flags: 3 total; -Xms512m -Xmx2048m -XX:permSize=128m
    AABB Pool Size: 0 (0 bytes; 0 MB) allocated, 0 (0 bytes; 0 MB) used
    IntCache: cache: 0, tcache: 0, allocated: 13, tallocated: 95
    FML: MCP v9.05 FML v7.10.85.1240 Minecraft Forge 10.13.2.1240 53 mods loaded, 53 mods active
    mcp{9.05} [Minecraft Coder Pack] (minecraft.jar) Unloaded->Constructed->Pre-initialized->Initialized->Post-initialized->Available->Available->Available->Available
    FML{7.10.85.1240} [Forge Mod Loader] (forge-1.7.10-10.13.2.1240-universal.jar) Unloaded->Constructed->Pre-initialized->Initialized->Post-initialized->Available->Available->Available->Available
    Forge{10.13.2.1240} [Minecraft Forge] (forge-1.7.10-10.13.2.1240-universal.jar) Unloaded->Constructed->Pre-initialized->Initialized->Post-initialized->Available->Available->Available->Available
    appliedenergistics2-core{rv2-alpha-29} [AppliedEnergistics2 Core] (minecraft.jar) Unloaded->Constructed->Pre-initialized->Initialized->Post-initialized->Available->Available->Available->Available
    CodeChickenCore{1.0.4.29} [CodeChicken Core] (minecraft.jar) Unloaded->Constructed->Pre-initialized->Initialized->Post-initialized->Available->Available->Available->Available
    <CoFH ASM>{000} [CoFH ASM Data Initialization] (minecraft.jar) Unloaded->Constructed->Pre-initialized->Initialized->Post-initialized->Available->Available->Available->Available
    NotEnoughItems{1.0.3.73} [Not Enough Items] (NotEnoughItems-1.7.10-1.0.3.73-universal.jar) Unloaded->Constructed->Pre-initialized->Initialized->Post-initialized->Available->Available->Available->Available
    ThaumicTinkerer-preloader{0.1} [Thaumic Tinkerer Core] (minecraft.jar) Unloaded->Constructed->Pre-initialized->Initialized->Post-initialized->Available->Available->Available->Available
    OpenModsCore{0.6} [OpenModsCore] (minecraft.jar) Unloaded->Constructed->Pre-initialized->Initialized->Post-initialized->Available->Available->Available->Available
    <DragonAPI ASM>{0} [DragonAPI ASM Data Initialization] (minecraft.jar) Unloaded->Constructed->Pre-initialized->Initialized->Post-initialized->Available->Available->Available->Available
    appliedenergistics2{rv2-alpha-29} [Applied Energistics 2] (appliedenergistics2-rv2-alpha-29.jar) Unloaded->Constructed->Pre-initialized->Initialized->Post-initialized->Available->Available->Available->Available
    BiblioCraft{1.9.1} [BiblioCraft] (BiblioCraft[v1.9.1][MC1.7.10].jar) Unloaded->Constructed->Pre-initialized->Initialized->Post-initialized->Available->Available->Available->Available
    ChickenChunks{1.3.4.14} [ChickenChunks] (ChickenChunks-1.7.10-1.3.4.14-universal.jar) Unloaded->Constructed->Pre-initialized->Initialized->Post-initialized->Available->Available->Available->Available
    ForgeMultipart{1.1.0.314} [Forge Multipart] (ForgeMultipart-1.7.10-1.1.0.314-universal.jar) Unloaded->Constructed->Pre-initialized->Initialized->Post-initialized->Available->Available->Available->Available
    MrTJPCoreMod{1.0} [MrTJPCoreMod] (MrTJPCore-1.7.10-1.0.3.5-universal.jar) Unloaded->Constructed->Pre-initialized->Initialized->Post-initialized->Available->Available->Available->Available
    ProjRed|Core{4.5.8.59} [ProjectRed] (ProjectRed-1.7.10-4.5.8.59-Base.jar) Unloaded->Constructed->Pre-initialized->Initialized->Post-initialized->Available->Available->Available->Available
    Mantle{1.7.10-0.3.2.jenkins184} [Mantle] (Mantle-1.7.10-0.3.2.jar) Unloaded->Constructed->Pre-initialized->Initialized->Post-initialized->Available->Available->Available->Available
    CoFHCore{1.7.10R3.0.0B8} [CoFH Core] (CoFHCore-[1.7.10]3.0.0B8-36.jar) Unloaded->Constructed->Pre-initialized->Initialized->Post-initialized->Available->Available->Available->Available
    ThermalFoundation{1.7.10R1.0.0B3} [Thermal Foundation] (ThermalFoundation-[1.7.10]1.0.0B3-8.jar) Unloaded->Constructed->Pre-initialized->Initialized->Post-initialized->Available->Available->Available->Available
    ThermalExpansion{1.7.10R4.0.0B6} [Thermal Expansion] (ThermalExpansion-[1.7.10]4.0.0B6-16.jar) Unloaded->Constructed->Pre-initialized->Initialized->Post-initialized->Available->Available->Available->Available
    Waila{1.5.5} [Waila] (Waila-1.5.5_1.7.10.jar) Unloaded->Constructed->Pre-initialized->Initialized->Post-initialized->Available->Available->Available->Available
    TConstruct{1.7.10-1.7.1.build771} [Tinkers' Construct] (TConstruct-1.7.10-1.7.1c.jar) Unloaded->Constructed->Pre-initialized->Initialized->Post-initialized->Available->Available->Available->Available
    Baubles{1.0.1.10} [Baubles] (Baubles-1.7.10-1.0.1.10.jar) Unloaded->Constructed->Pre-initialized->Initialized->Post-initialized->Available->Available->Available->Available
    Thaumcraft{4.2.2.0} [Thaumcraft] (Thaumcraft-1.7.10-4.2.2.0.jar) Unloaded->Constructed->Pre-initialized->Initialized->Post-initialized->Available->Available->Available->Available
    DragonAPI{1.0} [DragonAPI] (DragonAPI 1.7.10 V3d.jar) Unloaded->Constructed->Pre-initialized->Initialized->Post-initialized->Available->Available->Available->Available
    ChromatiCraft{Alpha} [ChromatiCraft] (ChromatiCraft 1.7.10 V3d.jar) Unloaded->Constructed->Pre-initialized->Initialized->Post-initialized->Available->Available->Available->Available
    RotaryCraft{Gamma} [RotaryCraft] (RotaryCraft 1.7.10 V3d.jar) Unloaded->Constructed->Pre-initialized->Initialized->Post-initialized->Available->Available->Available->Available
    ElectriCraft{beta} [ElectriCraft] (ElectriCraft 1.7.10 V3d.jar) Unloaded->Constructed->Pre-initialized->Initialized->Post-initialized->Available->Available->Available->Available
    EnderIO{1.7.10-2.2.4.309} [Ender IO] (EnderIO-1.7.10-2.2.4.309.jar) Unloaded->Constructed->Pre-initialized->Initialized->Post-initialized->Available->Available->Available->Available
    EnderStorage{1.4.5.26} [EnderStorage] (EnderStorage-1.7.10-1.4.5.26-universal.jar) Unloaded->Constructed->Pre-initialized->Initialized->Post-initialized->Available->Available->Available->Available
    ExpandedRedstone{Gamma} [Expanded Redstone] (ExpandedRedstone 1.7.10 V3b.jar) Unloaded->Constructed->Pre-initialized->Initialized->Post-initialized->Available->Available->Available->Available
    ThaumicTinkerer{unspecified} [Thaumic Tinkerer] (ThaumicTinkerer-2.5-1.7.10-162.jar) Unloaded->Constructed->Pre-initialized->Initialized->Post-initialized->Available->Available->Available->Available
    ForbiddenMagic{1.7.10-0.551} [Forbidden Magic] (Forbidden Magic-1.7.10-0.551.jar) Unloaded->Constructed->Pre-initialized->Initialized->Post-initialized->Available->Available->Available->Available
    funkylocomotion{1.0} [Funky Locomotion] (funky-locomotion-1.7.10-beta-3.jar) Unloaded->Constructed->Pre-initialized->Initialized->Post-initialized->Available->Available->Available->Available
    GeoStrata{Gamma} [GeoStrata] (GeoStrata 1.7.10 V3b.jar) Unloaded->Constructed->Pre-initialized->Initialized->Post-initialized->Available->Available->Available->Available
    OpenMods{0.6} [OpenMods] (OpenModsLib-1.7.10-0.6.jar) Unloaded->Constructed->Pre-initialized->Initialized->Post-initialized->Available->Available->Available->Available
    OpenBlocks{1.3} [OpenBlocks] (OpenBlocks-1.7.10-1.3.jar) Unloaded->Constructed->Pre-initialized->Initialized->Post-initialized->Available->Available->Available->Available
    ProjRed|Integration{4.5.8.59} [ProjectRed-Integration] (ProjectRed-1.7.10-4.5.8.59-Integration.jar) Unloaded->Constructed->Pre-initialized->Initialized->Post-initialized->Available->Available->Available->Available
    ProjRed|Transmission{4.5.8.59} [ProjectRed-Transmission] (ProjectRed-1.7.10-4.5.8.59-Integration.jar) Unloaded->Constructed->Pre-initialized->Initialized->Post-initialized->Available->Available->Available->Available
    ProjRed|Illumination{4.5.8.59} [ProjectRed-Illumination] (ProjectRed-1.7.10-4.5.8.59-Lighting.jar) Unloaded->Constructed->Pre-initialized->Initialized->Post-initialized->Available->Available->Available->Available
    ProjRed|Expansion{4.5.8.59} [ProjectRed-Expansion] (ProjectRed-1.7.10-4.5.8.59-Mechanical_beta.jar) Unloaded->Constructed->Pre-initialized->Initialized->Post-initialized->Available->Available->Available->Available
    ProjRed|Transportation{4.5.8.59} [ProjectRed-Transportation] (ProjectRed-1.7.10-4.5.8.59-Mechanical_beta.jar) Unloaded->Constructed->Pre-initialized->Initialized->Post-initialized->Available->Available->Available->Available
    ProjRed|Exploration{4.5.8.59} [ProjectRed-Exploration] (ProjectRed-1.7.10-4.5.8.59-World.jar) Unloaded->Constructed->Pre-initialized->Initialized->Post-initialized->Available->Available->Available->Available
    ReactorCraft{beta} [ReactorCraft] (ReactorCraft 1.7.10 V3d.jar) Unloaded->Constructed->Pre-initialized->Initialized->Post-initialized->Available->Available->Available->Available
    RedstoneArsenal{1.7.10R1.1.0RC1} [Redstone Arsenal] (RedstoneArsenal-[1.7.10]1.1.0RC1-19.jar) Unloaded->Constructed->Pre-initialized->Initialized->Post-initialized->Available->Available->Available->Available
    rftools{2.00beta5} [RFTools] (rftools-2.00beta5.jar) Unloaded->Constructed->Pre-initialized->Initialized->Post-initialized->Available->Available->Available->Available
    thaumcraftneiplugin{1.7.10-1.6a} [Thaumcraft NEI Plugin] (thaumcraftneiplugin-1.7.10-1.6a.jar) Unloaded->Constructed->Pre-initialized->Initialized->Post-initialized->Available->Available->Available->Available
    ThaumicExploration{0.6.0} [Thaumic Exploration] (ThaumicExploration-1.7.10-1.1-34.jar) Unloaded->Constructed->Pre-initialized->Initialized->Post-initialized->Available->Available->Available->Available
    TiCTooltips{1.1.11b} [TiC Tooltips] (TiCTooltips-mc1.7.10-1.1.11b.jar) Unloaded->Constructed->Pre-initialized->Initialized->Post-initialized->Available->Available->Available->Available
    TMechworks{1.7.10-86.e500b88} [Tinkers' Mechworks] (TMechworks-1.7.10-0.2.10.jar) Unloaded->Constructed->Pre-initialized->Initialized->Post-initialized->Available->Available->Available->Available
    McMultipart{1.1.0.314} [Minecraft Multipart Plugin] (ForgeMultipart-1.7.10-1.1.0.314-universal.jar) Unloaded->Constructed->Pre-initialized->Initialized->Post-initialized->Available->Available->Available->Available
    aobd{2.3.5} [Another One Bites The Dust] (AOBD-2.3.5.jar) Unloaded->Constructed->Pre-initialized->Initialized->Post-initialized->Available->Available->Available->Available
    ForgeMicroblock{1.1.0.314} [Forge Microblocks] (ForgeMultipart-1.7.10-1.1.0.314-universal.jar) Unloaded->Constructed->Pre-initialized->Initialized->Post-initialized->Available->Available->Available->Available
    OpenModsLib crash transformers: [gl_capabilities_hook:FINISHED],[player_render_hook:FINISHED],[map_gen_fix:FINISHED],[movement_callback:FINISHED],[stencil_patches:FINISHED]
    AE2 Version: alpha rv2-alpha-29 for Forge 10.13.2.1230
    Mantle Environment: Environment healthy.
    TConstruct Environment: Environment healthy.
    Stencil buffer state: Function set: ARB, pool: internal, bits: 8
    AE2 Integration: IC2:OFF, RotaryCraft:ON, RC:OFF, BC:OFF, MJ6:ON, MJ5:ON, RF:ON, RFItem:ON, MFR:OFF, DSU:ON, FZ:OFF, FMP:ON, RB:OFF, CLApi:OFF, Waila:ON, InvTweaks:OFF, NEI:ON, CraftGuide:OFF, Mekanism:OFF, ImmibisMicroblocks:OFF, BetterStorage:OFF
    Profiler Position: N/A (disabled)
    Vec3 Pool Size: 0 (0 bytes; 0 MB) allocated, 0 (0 bytes; 0 MB) used
    Player Count: 1 / 8; [EntityPlayerMP['Someone_Else_37'/399, l='Testworld for Not RFTools', x=5.05, y=78.10, z=276.89]]
    Type: Integrated Server (map_client.txt)
    Is Modded: Definitely; Client brand changed to 'fml,forge'
    My guess is that the tree doesn't like being charged and discharged at the same time.

Also, can you confirm that repeater beams block other beams, meaning that in order to have a maximally efficient network, you have to either use lots of multi-aura repeaters, or make sure that the space between any given pair of normal repeaters doesn't intersect that between any other pair of repeaters? I ask because while I was setting up repeater lines, I found that the nearest yellow and cyan pylons were roughly in line with my base, so I decided to place the yellow and cyan repeaters right next to each other, so I wouldn't have to measure as many distances. I swapped which color was on what side every now and then because I thought having the beams zigzagging across each other would look cool, only to find that, after doing so, my trusty storage crystal charger would only drain from one pylon at a time (and would switch to the other when the first color's buffer filled), thus ruining the effect I wanted to create. When I straightened the paths out, it drew from both pylons simultaneously once again.

2. Reika

Reika RotaryCraft Dev FTB Mod Dev

I am aware of this, though have no idea why. Glass is explicitly coded to be transparent to it.

No, something drained the tree to negative charge. This is fixed in v4, but until then, break the tree.

They do not.[/QUOTE]

3. RavynousHunter

RavynousHunter New Member

Its things like this that make me wanna start my own LP series, almost entirely to spotlight (not a dedicated spotlight, but as part of the series itself) Reika's mods for folks that don't seem to get it. I found my headset, I just dunno how well my recording software will work with a heavily-modified MC instance. Worth a test, at least. Besides, modded Minecraft needs an unstoppable, fearless blood knight. It might as well be me.

Arkandos likes this.
  4. Chaos Logic

Chaos Logic New Member

How is liquid chroma obtained?

5. Reika

Collector.

6. Wagon153

Wagon153 New Member

Do you have at least 4 cpu cores? Alternatively, do you have a NVIDIA GPU(for Shadowplay)? If you answered yes to either of these, you are good to go.

7. RavynousHunter

I have both, and double the former (8-core AMD Vishera), so...damn straight. I do have to inquire, however, would only having 8GB of RAM hamstring that in any way?

(I say "only" 8GB because the computer originally had 16GB, but one of the RAM sticks was DOA, and I can't get a return/refund because we opened the package.)

8. Wagon153

Wagon153 New Member

FX-8300 eh? You are good to go on that front. As for the 8 gigs, nah.

9. Chaos Logic

Chaos Logic New Member

There is a glitch with the recipe in the lexicon for the collector. It shows boosted tahara shards needed to craft, however it does work with the normal shards.

10. RavynousHunter

Actually, FX-9370. Eight cores of 4.4GHz goodness.

(TRUFAX: I basically built this machine around that processor, lol.)

11. Wagon153

Wagon153 New Member

How warm are you in the winter? ;)

12. RavynousHunter

Hahahahaha, I still manage to get cold. I read the reviews, lol. This thing's got the best air cooling I could reasonably afford, and it seems to be working flawlessly, only problems I had were out of that friggin faulty RAM unit.

13. Reika

Already fixed.

14. linkhyrule5

linkhyrule5 New Member

Bug report: For some reason, certain machines that can stop working in the middle of operation require breaking and replacing after doing so. In particular, the AC engine, if the shaft core becomes fully demagnetized, will propagate this bug to the entirety of the shaft chain after it - that is, each shaft, clutch, and bevel gear will simply ignore power inputs and refuse to turn until I replace them, as well as any machine I'm powering with the engine. This is doable, if annoying, for small builds, but I'm planning something much larger where it will be completely impractical to completely replace the whole machine at intervals.

15. Reika

Wrong thread, and I have never seen this before. Are you sure it is not just clientside desync?

16. linkhyrule5

linkhyrule5 New Member

Oh, sorry. I had thought this was the "Reika thread" for some reason, I'll move this discussion there.

17. Dorque

Dorque New Member

So is it the fact that I can't find a Rainbow Forest that's blocking my progression? I'm at 55 Fragments and I'd swear I've done everything I can do up to this point, between NEI and the Lexicon, and I can only find blank fragments even so.

If Rainbow Forest is necessary to progress it'd be nice to have a config to adjust its spawn rate, as my poor friend's hard drive is starting to get filled up with my attempts to find one in a BoP world =P

18. Reika

At this point in time, there is no progression gated specifically behind a rainbow forest. However, I like the idea.

19. Mattasdqwe

Mattasdqwe New Member

JoshBogs likes this.
  20. Dorque

Dorque New Member

So, er, what am I doing wrong with the casting room?

I built it as per the diagram (twice, because I assumed my own error first.) I placed my runes aligned with north. I put my recipe in the table - which I've done enough crafting on to make it about Tier Kerbillion (although I can't seem to check; my debug doesn't give in-depth block information, but a stack of all 16 crystal runes and a stack of Chromatic Flowers, among other things, seems like it should be definitive).

Aaaaaaaaaaaand... still nothing and I'm still stuck.