Mod Feedback ChromatiCraft questions and suggestions

Folanlron

Jul 29, 2019
Is there any way to increase generation of different biomes? I'm stuck with my progression until I find an ice biome, and would rather not get into Mystcraft yet.

What are you stuck on ? I never ran into needing a Ice Biome for any progression...

keybounce

Jul 29, 2019
Ice biomes in vanilla 1.7 are *really* hard to find.

Suggestion: Get a boat, follow the coast.

EDIT:
Is there any way to increase generation of different biomes? I'm stuck with my progression until I find an ice biome, and would rather not get into Mystcraft yet.

Climate Control lets you adjust things like this directly.

D

DerGeisterbär

Hello,
I have a little problem with ChromatiCraft,
in fact i dont now how to get the Progresson "Broadcasting".
I have no recpt for the crystal repeater and the only other progress achivements are legt are "A...less than honorable attempt" and "crystal Hives".
I dont now if this a bug or my stupidity:)

P.S. sry for my bad English :D

Someone Else 37

Forum Addict
Feb 10, 2013
Hello,
I have a little problem with ChromatiCraft,
in fact i dont now how to get the Progresson "Broadcasting".
I have no recpt for the crystal repeater and the only other progress achivements are legt are "A...less than honorable attempt" and "crystal Hives".
I dont now if this a bug or my stupidity:)

P.S. sry for my bad English :D
You should have access to the wood repeaters at this point. You'll need to use those to connect a pylon (Kuro worked for me) to a construct that draws lumens directly from the repeater network. You'll get Broadcasting the instant a single lumen zaps over to the construct- it doesn't actually need to do anything with it.

D

DerGeisterbär

I think that not work^^

EDIT:my version is 1.7.10.V15a

Attachments

• 2016-09-06_18.51.43.png
    2016-09-06_18.51.43.png
    2 MB · Views: 60
  • 2016-09-06_18.56.50.png
    2016-09-06_18.56.50.png
    1.6 MB · Views: 52
  • 2016-09-06_18.56.55.png
    2016-09-06_18.56.55.png
    1.9 MB · Views: 51
Last edited:
D

DerGeisterbär

sry i have found my fault.
The achivment "A...less than honorable attempt" was needed
but thanks for help^^:D

RavynousHunter

Jul 29, 2019
So, some of y'all might remember how I said a while back that I was writing a bit of original work based off ChC. Well, I'm still working on that, but as a way to sort of flesh out the world itself without just sitting down writing random facts down, I've decided to do it in a bit of a ... nonstandard way. I've gone and incorporated it into a fanfic which I have dubbed The Chromamancer Chronicles, the first chapter of which (weighing in at >20,000 words, no less!) is currently available for reading! Its a crossover between the original world and the anime/manga, Rosario + Vampire. Basically, a student from that world (whose name I've not currently chosen) ends up being accidentally summoned to the R+V world by way of an experimental spell. I have taken a couple of creative liberties with how chromamancy works, while doing my best to maintain the core of the mod, itself, most especially the crystal elements and their effects and overall purpose; all of this, of course, only being done after great internal debate on how to incorporate chromamancy in a way that would allow a story to move smoothly and remain interesting while not sacrificing what it is, at its core.

@Reika, if you've got time (and/or are interested), I'd really like to hear your thoughts on what I've got, thus far. I know its a bit of a heady read (the doc itself was around 30 pages long in Word), but I did my damndest to maintain things as much as I could while keeping them interesting.

If those are wondering, yeah...Jacob's school life is kinda based off my own, as well as parts of my personality, at his age. It kinda helps me get a real feel for how he'd react, under the circumstances. Though, being totally honest, he's far more salvageable than I was, at his age, and a lot less...violent. Wanted to make him pitiable and somewhat unstable without making him come across as a complete psychopath.

Reactions: SirDoctorOfTardis

SourC00lguy

Jul 29, 2019
What are some ways I can check for what's bottle necking my network. First I tried connecting yellow to my table forming a chain around 30 repeaters long of just normal repeaters, but it refused to be pulled when I was trying to craft. So next I try and connect a separate pylon to a lumen beacon and it works, but very slowly. And that's the same for dark purple. Very slow throughput even though I'm using mostly crystal repeaters. So how can I speed up my network?

Someone Else 37

Forum Addict
Feb 10, 2013
What are some ways I can check for what's bottle necking my network. First I tried connecting yellow to my table forming a chain around 30 repeaters long of just normal repeaters, but it refused to be pulled when I was trying to craft. So next I try and connect a separate pylon to a lumen beacon and it works, but very slowly. And that's the same for dark purple. Very slow throughput even though I'm using mostly crystal repeaters. So how can I speed up my network?
Clicking on repeaters with your elemental manipulator will help you see if your repeaters are actually connected to a pylon (or lumen tree)- if you get a fail sound and no sparkles, something's broke.

I've noticed that occasoinally, all the repeaters in the line will just spontaneously stop working, even though they were working before. Relogging seems to fix that, and is much easier than picking up and replacing all the repeater tile entities.

In addition, pylons will only work if they're in loaded chunks. They will load themselves after you visit them once, but you'll need to visit them manually after every server restart to get them loaded. Or just slap down a chunkloader from another mod. Spot loaders from ChickenChunks should work well.

As for why some pylons seem to work faster than others... yeah, I don't know. Might have something to do with repeaters having some loss... but then again, the pylons closest to my casting altar aren't always the ones that work fastest, so I dunno.

SourC00lguy

Jul 29, 2019
Clicking on repeaters with your elemental manipulator will help you see if your repeaters are actually connected to a pylon (or lumen tree)- if you get a fail sound and no sparkles, something's broke.

I've noticed that occasoinally, all the repeaters in the line will just spontaneously stop working, even though they were working before. Relogging seems to fix that, and is much easier than picking up and replacing all the repeater tile entities.

In addition, pylons will only work if they're in loaded chunks. They will load themselves after you visit them once, but you'll need to visit them manually after every server restart to get them loaded. Or just slap down a chunkloader from another mod. Spot loaders from ChickenChunks should work well.

As for why some pylons seem to work faster than others... yeah, I don't know. Might have something to do with repeaters having some loss... but then again, the pylons closest to my casting altar aren't always the ones that work fastest, so I dunno.
I was under the impression that you didn't need to chunk load pylons. I thought I read that a long time ago, but maybe that's it so I will see

Someone Else 37

Forum Addict
Feb 10, 2013
That impression is correct.
*shrug*

I speak form personal experience in singleplayer in v15a. After logging out and logging back in, my pylons would stop working until I traveled to within ten chunks or so of them. They would then work until I logged out again.

Reactions: Zandorum
D

Darwen

I can confirm this behaviour in multiple instance of my singleplayer world, some times, after behing logged on for several hours, the repeater stop working (confirmed by clicking on the first repeater near a pylon and getting the error sound).
Relogging solve the issue but on every relog (regardless if the pylon have stopped working) i have to get near each pylon to get the lumen network work properly!

Rubyheart

Jul 29, 2019
I finally decided to get a new hard drive to fix my old computer to use as a server, and Reika releases a new version with new worldgen, perfect for a new world. Perfect timing.

Congrats on the Masters, Mr. Dragon.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Reika

RotaryCraft Dev
FTB Mod Dev
Sep 3, 2013
Toronto, Canada
sites.google.com
I finally decided to get a new hard drive to fix my old computer to use as a server, and Reika releases a new version with new worldgen, perfect for a new world. Perfect timing.

Congrats on the Masters, Mr. Dragon.

You might want to wait a bit; v16b is coming and I have plans for a new overworld biome.

Rubyheart

Jul 29, 2019
Will do. I still need to tweak a bunch of configs anyway, I just got to the point where it's not crashing on startup because of ID conflicts. I'm doing more testing for crashes than actual playing right now anyway, still seeing what more mods I need.

Reika

RotaryCraft Dev
FTB Mod Dev
Sep 3, 2013
Toronto, Canada
sites.google.com
Will do. I still need to tweak a bunch of configs anyway, I just got to the point where it's not crashing on startup because of ID conflicts. I'm doing more testing for crashes than actual playing right now anyway, still seeing what more mods I need.

And I just ran into some issues that might mean v6b - while probably still coming out soon - may not actually include the biome.