Mod Feedback ChromatiCraft questions and suggestions

P

Ph1rstRoyal

Not sure if progression has changed in v16, but I think you need to get a colour into the ritual table; choose the closest of Kuro, Karmir, and Kitrino then try to get Pylon Surge Protection. Just be careful, the wood repeaters can overload quite... spectacularly.
I just did the ritual with the ritual table, the animation came. But I don't know why it didn't receive the progression for the repeaters.. :c

P

Ph1rstRoyal

That's queer...did it draw any power? If so, I'm not totally sure what's going on.
I don't really know, but the repeaters were connected to each other and the ritual table with these colored "lines", I think it has drawn energy..

RavynousHunter

Jul 29, 2019
Hold your manipulator over it and see if any slices of the little pie have been filled in; if so, I'm not exactly sure what's gone down, so I'd need to actually look to see if any changes have been made to progression since v15.

Rubyheart

Jul 29, 2019
I noticed a mod interaction quirk today. If I'm looking at a gated ore that I haven't progressed far enough to actually see, such as Firaxite, it just looks like stone. WAILA also says it's stone. The Thaumometer also says stone.... but I can still scan it and get the aspects of Firaxite. Not really a bug or anything worth spending time to look at, I just thought it was interesting.

Reika

RotaryCraft Dev
FTB Mod Dev
Sep 3, 2013
Toronto, Canada
sites.google.com
I noticed a mod interaction quirk today. If I'm looking at a gated ore that I haven't progressed far enough to actually see, such as Firaxite, it just looks like stone. WAILA also says it's stone. The Thaumometer also says stone.... but I can still scan it and get the aspects of Firaxite. Not really a bug or anything worth spending time to look at, I just thought it was interesting.
Not fixable.

Rubyheart

Jul 29, 2019
I figured as much. It's not really an issue anyway, ore doesn't stay gated for long if you're actively progressing.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

mathwiz617

Apr 29, 2015
Is there Minetweaker support for the casting table/room/temple/complex? For example, if I wanted to add a recipe for a creative energy cell that uses all sixteen dimensional cores, an RF radiator, eight resonant energy cells, and some pylon energy, is there a way to do this using Chromaticraft's casting complex?

I'm trying to create a modpack centered around Reika's mods. I wouldn't be messing with Chromaticraft and the like directly, but using them as a tool to get other stuff.

Reika

RotaryCraft Dev
FTB Mod Dev
Sep 3, 2013
Toronto, Canada
sites.google.com
Is there Minetweaker support for the casting table/room/temple/complex? For example, if I wanted to add a recipe for a creative energy cell that uses all sixteen dimensional cores, an RF radiator, eight resonant energy cells, and some pylon energy, is there a way to do this using Chromaticraft's casting complex?

I'm trying to create a modpack centered around Reika's mods. I wouldn't be messing with Chromaticraft and the like directly, but using them as a tool to get other stuff.
Though CC's API, yes. Through Minetweaker, no.

KingGorm

Jul 29, 2019
I too have reached Broadcasting and are unable to progress, powering a ritual altar gives lumen harvesting, but gives no leads on how to get the crystal repeater fragment.

Someone Else 37

Forum Addict
Feb 10, 2013
I too have reached Broadcasting and are unable to progress, powering a ritual altar gives lumen harvesting, but gives no leads on how to get the crystal repeater fragment.
You may need to craft something in order to trigger the progression that will allow you to get more recipes. I remember that, at one point, I had crafted everything available to me, and then did all the progression that was accessible, and then I was stuck until I crafted one of the things again.

That was earlier in the progression than you are, but I can only assume that you're stuck in the same way. Craft some of the last things you've gotten fragments for, maybe like one in each category, even if you'd already crafted them before you did the ritual altar thing, until new stuff starts opening up.

Joshi120

Jul 29, 2019
I am surprised how frustrating CC gets after you get into the chroma dimension the mirror puzzles are just too hard for me no matter what i try i can't solve it ... is there no way to make it easy ?... i already solved the color key one and 3D maze but this .... i just can't ._.

keybounce

Jul 29, 2019
Just crafted a bunch of stuff and nothing, this is getting frustrating

1. Have you cleared all of the gating discoveries in the handbook? Those are things you know you need to know more about.
2. If you find research fragments, are they blank, or are you discovering things? You have to find fragments at some point to continue.
3. Have you, in fact, crafted at least 1 of each of the things you can now craft? Or are you trying to craft 64 of one item, expecting that the total crafting is what counts (as opposed to number of different things crafted)

Q: Reika: Can you clarify what the fragments are supposed to represent? If its just "what you figure out by wandering around, looking, and exploring", that doesn't really fit the issue of them being mostly in your structures, and occasionally in dungeons / strongholds. "Notes made by others before" does make sense, but then, how did they do the research to write those notes, and why can't you do that research yourself?

Nezraddin

Jul 29, 2019
Heya *waves*

A little question from me:

- Is it still best to only add 'one' pylon per color to your network?
I did some searching and found alot of "issues with adding more pylons of the same color" but these postings were quiet old (so 8month and more) so not sure if they still count.

*mumbles*
Besides that: Found my first village with one of these "failed to make the second Crafting altar setup". Really love such lil things in the world! (and I totally want to teach these villagers how to set it up right. "Couldn't reach. Good enough?" noooo :< )

keybounce

Jul 29, 2019
You mean performance issues?

I'm pretty sure the rule is "Only use multi-color repeats sparingly, and don't let anything that might be a loop in them show up". If you don't have multi-colored repeaters, from what I understand of what Reika has said, the single-color repeaters permit pruning the search tree very quickly, and successful fetches along the multi-colored ones are cached for reuse.

I'm also pretty sure (again, based on my understanding from other's comments) that until you can supercharge pylons, you'll need *want* two of a color in your network.

Nezraddin

Jul 29, 2019
You mean performance issues?

I'm pretty sure the rule is "Only use multi-color repeats sparingly, and don't let anything that might be a loop in them show up". If you don't have multi-colored repeaters, from what I understand of what Reika has said, the single-color repeaters permit pruning the search tree very quickly, and successful fetches along the multi-colored ones are cached for reuse.

I'm also pretty sure (again, based on my understanding from other's comments) that until you can supercharge pylons, you'll need *want* two of a color in your network.

From the information I found people said that the repeater-network has trouble of switching between two pylons of the same color (like always choosing the closest one not the one which still has power in it). But these informations are quiet old, so not sure if that's actually still counting.

(I'm still quiet early in the mod, so supercharging is still quiet long away, if I ever understand how it works, hehe)

Reika

RotaryCraft Dev
FTB Mod Dev
Sep 3, 2013
Toronto, Canada
sites.google.com
From the information I found people said that the repeater-network has trouble of switching between two pylons of the same color (like always choosing the closest one not the one which still has power in it). But these informations are quiet old, so not sure if that's actually still counting.
This is still largely true and unlikely to ever change.