Mod Feedback ChromatiCraft questions and suggestions

Rubyheart

Jul 29, 2019
A coder's work is never done, eh? *is reminded of the time he reset the entire school's passwords... twice*

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Reactions: Lethosos

Rubyheart

Jul 29, 2019
I don't want to rush a release or pester about a date, but how vital is the new biome to progression? Is it something I should keep waiting for, or can I safely start a new world now?

xilni

Jul 29, 2019
You are only supposed to use one.

Well that makes me sad I made so many, any other tips on their use? I just assumed you could use more than one since the old system allowed you to use 64x tile accelerators on industrial apiaries and now we're limited to 8x acceleration for productivity.

Last edited:

xilni

Jul 29, 2019
Give it relay power.

Will do.

Also any reason the iridescent bees don't produce anything in industrial apiaries when I'm out of their dimension but pump out shards fine when I hang out in their dimension? My Gelid Bees are perfectly happy no matter where I am so I don't believe it's an issue of the chunk loader working.

Reika

RotaryCraft Dev
FTB Mod Dev
Sep 3, 2013
Toronto, Canada
sites.google.com
Will do.

Also any reason the iridescent bees don't produce anything in industrial apiaries when I'm out of their dimension but pump out shards fine when I hang out in their dimension? My Gelid Bees are perfectly happy no matter where I am so I don't believe it's an issue of the chunk loader working.
I fixed this in v16.

xilni

Jul 29, 2019
And interesting approach with the alveary booster, we just get all the bonuses at once? So multiplicatively it adds up to 64x acceleration?

I fixed this in v16.

Not fixed for me then. Do I need to nuke my existing princess/drones or is it a mod side check? Running 16d

Last edited:
C

Chareon

Is anyone able to make some suggestions on how to get the item rift working? It seems to not do anything no matter what I try with it (other than change colors and break itself.) I feel like I'm missing something obvious but at this point I haven't a clue.

Someone Else 37

Forum Addict
Feb 10, 2013
Is anyone able to make some suggestions on how to get the item rift working? It seems to not do anything no matter what I try with it (other than change colors and break itself.) I feel like I'm missing something obvious but at this point I haven't a clue.
Don't quote me on this (I could be wrong), but I think you need to click (or shift-click) it on a chest somewhere, then maybe click (or shift-click) on air to open the item rift's GUI to set a filter, and then (possibly after clicking it again to turn it on), it should teleport any of the filtered items that you pick up into the chest.

It may or may not pull items directly out of your inventory; in order to get it to work, you might have to drop items and pick them back up.

P

Ph1rstRoyal

Hello guys o/
I've got a problem with the Chromaticraft progression..:oops:
I am in the fifth row and only need to discover the finishing line at the "Broadcasting" icon. And for this line, I need to create a crystal repeater(or do I have to build something else? I tried various blocks and items), but I'm not able to cast a repeater..?

Last edited:
C

Chareon

Don't quote me on this (I could be wrong), but I think you need to click (or shift-click) it on a chest somewhere, then maybe click (or shift-click) on air to open the item rift's GUI to set a filter, and then (possibly after clicking it again to turn it on), it should teleport any of the filtered items that you pick up into the chest.

It may or may not pull items directly out of your inventory; in order to get it to work, you might have to drop items and pick them back up.

I believe you are thinking of the Inventory Warp which works exactly like you describe. The item rift's description is
A classic transport problem involves two inventories within a clear line of sight to each other but separated by several blocks. You once saw a device you can attach to each block and rapidly transport the contents, but it was limited to a single block of space; this, however, is a longer-ranged variant.

Someone Else 37

Forum Addict
Feb 10, 2013
Hello guys o/
I've got a problem with the Chromaticraft progression..:oops:
I am in the fifth row and only need to discover the finishing line at the "Broadcasting" icon. And for this line, I need to create a crystal repeater(or do I have to build something else? I tried various blocks and items), but I'm not able to cast a repeater..?
Do you have access to the wood repeaters? You'll need to use them to get the progression that'll allow you access to the crystal repeaters. You will need to hook a construct that requires lumen energy (you should have access to one at this point) up to a pylon of an appropriate color and turn it on; you'll get the progression the instant a single lumen of any color that the construct requires zaps from the pylon to the construct. You don't need to complete an operation or even give it every color that it wants; as soon as it gets any lumens at all, you'll get the progression and can then learn the research for the crystal repeaters.

Unless I'm thinking of the wrong thing (again), and you've already done that. If you have the crystal repeater research and almost all of the items need to craft it, but you don't know where to get Lumenite, it should have become visible just now.

I believe you are thinking of the Inventory Warp which works exactly like you describe. The item rift's description is
A classic transport problem involves two inventories within a clear line of sight to each other but separated by several blocks. You once saw a device you can attach to each block and rapidly transport the contents, but it was limited to a single block of space; this, however, is a longer-ranged variant.
Riiiiight, that one... Yeah, I haven't messed with those yet, so I dunno.

What I do know is that Translocators, the mod that the description you quoted references, have a button in the center of the block that determines whether the it pulls items from the block it's attached to, or pushes items into it. If, for example, you've got two translocators next to each other, one with the button pushed in and the other with the button pulled out, the one with the out-pulled button will pull items out of the inventory it's attached to and stuff them into the inventory attached to the other translocator. Not having messed with the item rifts, all I can assume is that they would behave similarly.

Have you tried whacking them with your Elemental Manipulator? Maybe that's what's required to make them work.

P

Ph1rstRoyal

Do you have access to the wood repeaters? You'll need to use them to get the progression that'll allow you access to the crystal repeaters. You will need to hook a construct that requires lumen energy (you should have access to one at this point) up to a pylon of an appropriate color and turn it on; you'll get the progression the instant a single lumen of any color that the construct requires zaps from the pylon to the construct. You don't need to complete an operation or even give it every color that it wants; as soon as it gets any lumens at all, you'll get the progression and can then learn the research for the crystal repeaters.

I connected a Zambarau Pylon via 2 wooden repeaters to a relay source next to the relay i placed the enchantement decomposer who needs and can store up to 1k Zambarau and 1k Kuro. I used the decomposer to disenchant 2 stoneswords with sharpness 1..o_O

RavynousHunter

Jul 29, 2019
Not sure if progression has changed in v16, but I think you need to get a colour into the ritual table; choose the closest of Kuro, Karmir, and Kitrino then try to get Pylon Surge Protection. Just be careful, the wood repeaters can overload quite... spectacularly.

Someone Else 37

Forum Addict
Feb 10, 2013
I connected a Zambarau Pylon via 2 wooden repeaters to a relay source next to the relay i placed the enchantement decomposer who needs and can store up to 1k Zambarau and 1k Kuro. I used the decomposer to disenchant 2 stoneswords with sharpness 1..o_O
That was my first attempt as well... but unless I'm mistaken, the enchantment decomposer uses the relay system, so you'll need to get a Relay Source before you can use it. I still don't know why Reika makes the decomposer available so long before you can power it. It really just makes things more confusing than they need to be.

Also note that if you hold shift in your inventory (or while NEI is visible), Reika's lumen-using blocks will show an icon showing how they have to be powered, whether from the repeater network, the relay system, the ambient lumen distributor, or a storage crystal.

And as far as I know, RavynousHunter is correct. I hooked my ritual altar up to a Kuro pylon, and that was enough to do it.