Mod Feedback ChromatiCraft questions and suggestions

RavynousHunter

Jul 29, 2019
Once you get to the dimension, I believe you're able to make the enhanced ritual altar. Can't hurt terribly much to make it, at least, and it should fix your problem.

Brian_E

Jul 29, 2019
Yes, I have the enhanced ritual altar. I remember looking at its recipe/layout and deciding I wasn't going to destroy a number of additional pylons to get the pieces to build it. I wonder now if having it means the original one isn't valid any more.

I'll have to check if I have the mystcraft page to get pylons in ages. If so that'll help, although I kindof wish there was an endgame way to energize crystalline stone so you didn't have to destroy a dozen pylons or so (although perhaps there is, as I have about 14 info fragments before my lexicon is full)

F

f0xxplayzz

which energy do I need for rituals? The energy in me( collected with elemental manipulator) or from the pylon network??

Brian_E

Jul 29, 2019
The pylon network is used for rituals

edit: Once you use the ritual, the energy 'in you' is used to actually activate the effect. You get an indicator near the center of the right side to show active effects.

F

f0xxplayzz

how can i transport the energy from the pylons. I haven't the recipe of the crystal repeater yet. I just have the one from the lumen repeater. And i think that i need the ritual to be immune against pylons for the next progression entry.

Brian_E

Jul 29, 2019
Yup; have to use lumen repeaters. I don't think you actually have to activate a ritual to get the progress though, just draw some energy via them (at least that's what happened to me last game). Possibly into a relay source or the ... crystal charger? If you have either of those available yet. It might be worth a shot to avoid having to build too many of the lumen repeaters like I ended up doing this game.

Someone Else 37

Forum Addict
Feb 10, 2013
how can i transport the energy from the pylons. I haven't the recipe of the crystal repeater yet. I just have the one from the lumen repeater. And i think that i need the ritual to be immune against pylons for the next progression entry.
Yeah, you'll need to set up the wooden repeaters. If I remember correctly, at this time, the only thing you have access to that can draw lumens from a repeater is the ritual altar, so you'll need to set one of those up. You only need to connect it to one pylon (of one of the appropriate colors- Kuro worked for me) in order to get the achievement that allows you to progress- you'll get it the instant the pylon zaps even a tiny amount of energy over to the altar. You do not actually need to complete the ritual. In fact, if I'm not mistaken, you don't really need Surge Protection at all until you get to the point where you need to start upgrading or disassembling pylons.

RavynousHunter

Jul 29, 2019
Okay, Tile Accelerator + Mek Logistical Sorter = OH MY GOD ALL THE CLICKING SOUNDS. Kinda necessary for my ore processing setup, but still...I might invest in a muffler or six, lol.

Reactions: Lethosos

mathwiz617

Apr 29, 2015
I'm having a problem crafting a set of Tahara lumen lamps. Anyone know what's possibly wrong? I removed the runes on top of the Nila and Kuro runes for the picture.
2016-08-23_20.16.42.png
2016-08-23_20.16.18.png

EDIT: Well, it seems to be any and all rune crafting, not just the lumen lamps.

Last edited:

Someone Else 37

Forum Addict
Feb 10, 2013
I'm having a problem crafting a set of Tahara lumen lamps. Anyone know what's possibly wrong? I removed the runes on top of the Nila and Kuro runes for the picture.

EDIT: Well, it seems to be any and all rune crafting, not just the lumen lamps.
Do you see the one diamond in the top left corner of your casting table's GUI? That indicates the table's XP- basically, as you craft things, it will gain experience, and eventually level up and show another diamond up there. Only then will you be able to do any rune crafting.

Craft all the things available to you in your lexicon; if that doesn't do it, make a few stacks of crystalline stone. You'll need them later.

Ieldra

Popular Member
Apr 25, 2014
Do you see the one diamond in the top left corner of your casting table's GUI? That indicates the table's XP- basically, as you craft things, it will gain experience, and eventually level up and show another diamond up there. Only then will you be able to do any rune crafting.

Craft all the things available to you in your lexicon; if that doesn't do it, make a few stacks of crystalline stone. You'll need them later.
That's not how things work. You do need to craft things in order to advance, but one item per research level (which may be more than one per casting structure level, pay attention to advancement messages) should be enough. It must be of the right kind, though. What exactly that is I don't know, but crafting components like crystalline stone did not work for me, and items from the constructs row usually do work.

horneybull

Jul 29, 2019
I got stuck glitching in and out of inventories with the item inserter.Basically I messed up and told it to right click with coal on an arcane alembic from thaumcraft. Now I can't do anything. My tools are being flickered every 0.1 second with a coal and that tool also I'm flickering in and out of my inventory. How do I fix this I have tried to relog and restarting minecraft but the issue persists?

(By flickered I mean swapped rapidly between them.)

Reika

RotaryCraft Dev
FTB Mod Dev
Sep 3, 2013
Toronto, Canada
sites.google.com
I got stuck glitching in and out of inventories with the item inserter.Basically I messed up and told it to right click with coal on an arcane alembic from thaumcraft. Now I can't do anything. My tools are being flickered every 0.1 second with a coal and that tool also I'm flickering in and out of my inventory. How do I fix this I have tried to relog and restarting minecraft but the issue persists?

(By flickered I mean swapped rapidly between them.)
For now, break the inserter. The opening of GUIs is a known issue without a good fix.

That's not how things work. You do need to craft things in order to advance, but one item per research level (which may be more than one per casting structure level, pay attention to advancement messages) should be enough. It must be of the right kind, though. What exactly that is I don't know, but crafting components like crystalline stone did not work for me, and items from the constructs row usually do work.
This is only partly true. Different recipes have different XP values - "Core" recipes like crystalline stone, runes, and repeaters give far more - and all non-core recipes have limits on how much XP you can get (to prevent spamcrafting to force-level a table). Those limits are determined based on what I think a "typicalCraftedAmount()" is, and each recipe also has a falloff curve to determine how quickly XP attenuates for exceeding that limit, or a fraction of it.

Someone Else 37

Forum Addict
Feb 10, 2013
I speak from experience in my test world in v15a. Turning a stack of shards into eight stacks of crystalline stone was more than enough to get the table to level up and allow me to do rune crafting.

This may not be the most efficient way to do it, sure; but it worked for me.

Ieldra

Popular Member
Apr 25, 2014
This is only partly true. Different recipes have different XP values - "Core" recipes like crystalline stone, runes, and repeaters give far more - and all non-core recipes have limits on how much XP you can get (to prevent spamcrafting to force-level a table). Those limits are determined based on what I think a "typicalCraftedAmount()" is, and each recipe also has a falloff curve to determine how quickly XP attenuates for exceeding that limit, or a fraction of it.
OK, I didn't know that leveling up the table was independent from advancing a research level, since the latter was the only advancement problem I ever encountered in that regard.

mathwiz617

Apr 29, 2015
Is there any way to increase generation of different biomes? I'm stuck with my progression until I find an ice biome, and would rather not get into Mystcraft yet.

Someone Else 37

Forum Addict
Feb 10, 2013
Is there any way to increase generation of different biomes? I'm stuck with my progression until I find an ice biome, and would rather not get into Mystcraft yet.
I believe there's a config option to set the biome weighting of the rainbow and ender forests, but that won't help you get an ice biome. I remember hearing somewhere that Vanilla has options to mess with the biome distribution, but those may not exist yet in 1.7.10. There are some other mods out there that mess with biomes, but some of them cause issues of their own.

Your best bet, particularly if you've already gotten set up in your current world, might be to go to another dimension. Mystcraft or RFTools should do it, provided you get your hands on the correct page or dimlet; alternatively, Twilight Forest has its own snowy biomes that may or may not have the things you're looking for (I haven't checked) that aren't too hard to find with its own Magic Map; if the TF snow biomes don't have them (or if you just can't stand the debuff there), then you could make a magic map in the Overworld. Snow biomes should show up very clearly on that.