Mod Feedback ChromatiCraft questions and suggestions

Reika

RotaryCraft Dev
FTB Mod Dev
Sep 3, 2013
Toronto, Canada
sites.google.com
Two things: I can't seem to build much with crystalline stone bricks (haven't tried with others) as it seems that they check for a valid structure with increasing frequency depending on the number of connected blocks of the same kind.
Untrue.

Second, is it...intended for the fertility boosters to tick Lilypads of Fertility from Reliquary? Because they do, thus applying the lily's boost with...somewhat alarming frequency.
If it uses block ticks, then yes.

RavynousHunter

Jul 29, 2019
I'll see if I can hunt down the source of that bug, then. I should still have an example of the exceptions somewheres...I just know that it stopped happening when I stopped trying to build with crystalline stone bricks.

Folanlron

Jul 29, 2019
*sigh*

bout how I feel right now =/ grrrr
2016-07-23_02.45.46.png

Brian_E

Jul 29, 2019
What's the best way to troubleshoot a non-working repeater network? I've built lines of lumen repeaters to the 3 pylons needed for Pylon Surge Protection, but hovering over the ritual table with the manipulator has yellow in the center of what I've come to think of as the activation circle, which is better than a red X but still seems to indicate the activation will fail.

I've been sure to place the repeaters no more than 16 spaces apart (24 for the first connection from the pylon) with LOS between them all, and managed to get a short burst of Kuro at one point (giving me the Lumen Harnessing achievement), but that's it. I'm going along the lines holding a repeater, and so far there's been a dashed line connecting each repeater (but no line pointing from the first repeater to the pylon itself?), but I want to see if there's any better way or if I'm way off base.

Reika

RotaryCraft Dev
FTB Mod Dev
Sep 3, 2013
Toronto, Canada
sites.google.com
What's the best way to troubleshoot a non-working repeater network? I've built lines of lumen repeaters to the 3 pylons needed for Pylon Surge Protection, but hovering over the ritual table with the manipulator has yellow in the center of what I've come to think of as the activation circle, which is better than a red X but still seems to indicate the activation will fail.

I've been sure to place the repeaters no more than 16 spaces apart (24 for the first connection from the pylon) with LOS between them all, and managed to get a short burst of Kuro at one point (giving me the Lumen Harnessing achievement), but that's it. I'm going along the lines holding a repeater, and so far there's been a dashed line connecting each repeater (but no line pointing from the first repeater to the pylon itself?), but I want to see if there's any better way or if I'm way off base.
You have made a severely incorrect assumption.

Brian_E

Jul 29, 2019
Ahh; I had actually considered whether what I'd done incorrect was incorrect or not (it was).

Last edited:

RavynousHunter

Jul 29, 2019
If memory serves, once you get Lumen Harnessing, you shouldn't be too far off (if not there already) of being able to make real repeaters, anyway. Also, watch the wood ones, they can and will blow up if used too much. Not too bad, about the same as TNT, but if you've got anything made outta wood or a tree farm of some variety, you may want to invest in some sprinklers or something, as the wood repeaters are a fire hazard when they blow.

Someone Else 37

Forum Addict
Feb 10, 2013
Ahh; I had actually considered whether what I'd done incorrect was incorrect or not (it was).
Also, protip, you can use the Elemental Manipulator to check your network connectivity. Click it on one of the repeaters; if it's connected to a source of that repeater's color, it'll sparkle and tell you something about that source. Or, at least, that's what it did in v3 or v4; it could easily have changed sometime since, and I haven't quite gotten to that point yet in a more recent version.

Folanlron

Jul 29, 2019
errrr so I guess I'm suppose to float around the monument when I activate it ? I had control over my character (somewhat I couldn't actually see me) not flying made the rotation on the axis move at 40x speed, while flying slowed it down a bit, but I never seen the monument it's self till the ritual was done..

Video 960 4gb(latest driver from nvidia)
Intel i5 - OC'd 3.6ghz
16gig DDR4(6gb to Minecraft it's self)

1 more Question, what's the Ortho starter ?(string isn't working and the only other lattice style things I can think of break the tree =/) n/m found them haha

Attachments

• 2016-07-25_13.04.27.png
    2016-07-25_13.04.27.png
    273.9 KB · Views: 61
  • 2016-07-25_13.04.30.png
    2016-07-25_13.04.30.png
    522.9 KB · Views: 50
Last edited:

Vaeliorin

Jul 29, 2019
Has anyone had trouble with Thaumcraft Wisps and Ender IO Killer Joes previously? I have (as far as I know) the latest 1.7.10 versions of Ender IO, Thaumcraft and Chromaticraft, but when I put a couple wisp spawners in my killing chamber, I kept getting disconnected (despite the fact I'm playing single player. Yes, I know it technically runs a local server, I just found it odd it dumped me out to the multiplayer "Connect to Server" screen.)

The relevant "crash" report is below.

Code:
[02:45:17] [Server thread/ERROR]: There was a critical exception handling a packet on channel ChromaData

java.lang.NullPointerException

at cpw.mods.fml.common.network.FMLOutboundHandler$OutboundTarget$4.selectNetworks(FMLOutboundHandler.java:109) ~[FMLOutboundHandler$OutboundTarget$4.class:?]

at cpw.mods.fml.common.network.FMLOutboundHandler.write(FMLOutboundHandler.java:273) ~[FMLOutboundHandler.class:?]

at io.netty.channel.DefaultChannelHandlerContext.invokeWrite(DefaultChannelHandlerContext.java:644) ~[DefaultChannelHandlerContext.class:?]

at io.netty.channel.DefaultChannelHandlerContext.write(DefaultChannelHandlerContext.java:698) ~[DefaultChannelHandlerContext.class:?]

at io.netty.channel.DefaultChannelHandlerContext.write(DefaultChannelHandlerContext.java:637) ~[DefaultChannelHandlerContext.class:?]

at io.netty.handler.codec.MessageToMessageEncoder.write(MessageToMessageEncoder.java:115) ~[MessageToMessageEncoder.class:?]

at io.netty.handler.codec.MessageToMessageCodec.write(MessageToMessageCodec.java:116) ~[MessageToMessageCodec.class:?]

at io.netty.channel.DefaultChannelHandlerContext.invokeWrite(DefaultChannelHandlerContext.java:644) ~[DefaultChannelHandlerContext.class:?]

at io.netty.channel.DefaultChannelHandlerContext.write(DefaultChannelHandlerContext.java:698) ~[DefaultChannelHandlerContext.class:?]

at io.netty.channel.DefaultChannelHandlerContext.writeAndFlush(DefaultChannelHandlerContext.java:688) ~[DefaultChannelHandlerContext.class:?]

at io.netty.channel.DefaultChannelHandlerContext.writeAndFlush(DefaultChannelHandlerContext.java:717) ~[DefaultChannelHandlerContext.class:?]

at io.netty.channel.DefaultChannelPipeline.writeAndFlush(DefaultChannelPipeline.java:893) ~[DefaultChannelPipeline.class:?]

at io.netty.channel.AbstractChannel.writeAndFlush(AbstractChannel.java:239) ~[AbstractChannel.class:?]

at cpw.mods.fml.common.network.simpleimpl.SimpleNetworkWrapper.sendTo(SimpleNetworkWrapper.java:196) ~[SimpleNetworkWrapper.class:?]

at Reika.DragonAPI.Instantiable.IO.PacketPipeline.sendToPlayer(PacketPipeline.java:83) ~[PacketPipeline.class:?]

at Reika.DragonAPI.Libraries.IO.ReikaPacketHelper.sendDataPacket(ReikaPacketHelper.java:250) ~[ReikaPacketHelper.class:?]

at Reika.DragonAPI.Libraries.IO.ReikaPacketHelper.sendDataPacket(ReikaPacketHelper.java:210) ~[ReikaPacketHelper.class:?]

at Reika.ChromatiCraft.Magic.PlayerElementBuffer.setElementCap(PlayerElementBuffer.java:206) ~[PlayerElementBuffer.class:?]

at Reika.ChromatiCraft.Magic.PlayerElementBuffer.addToPlayer(PlayerElementBuffer.java:87) ~[PlayerElementBuffer.class:?]

at Reika.ChromatiCraft.Magic.PlayerElementBuffer.addToPlayer(PlayerElementBuffer.java:99) ~[PlayerElementBuffer.class:?]

at Reika.ChromatiCraft.ChromaticEventManager.wispEnergy(ChromaticEventManager.java:935) ~[ChromaticEventManager.class:?]

at cpw.mods.fml.common.eventhandler.ASMEventHandler_304_ChromaticEventManager_wispEnergy_LivingDropsEvent.invoke(.dynamic) ~[?:?]

at cpw.mods.fml.common.eventhandler.ASMEventHandler.invoke(ASMEventHandler.java:54) ~[ASMEventHandler.class:?]

at cpw.mods.fml.common.eventhandler.EventBus.post(EventBus.java:140) ~[EventBus.class:?]

at net.minecraftforge.common.ForgeHooks.onLivingDrops(ForgeHooks.java:308) ~[ForgeHooks.class:?]

at net.minecraft.entity.EntityLivingBase.func_70645_a(EntityLivingBase.java:939) ~[sv.class:?]

at thaumcraft.common.entities.monster.EntityWisp.func_70645_a(EntityWisp.java:103) ~[EntityWisp.class:?]

at net.minecraft.entity.EntityLivingBase.func_70097_a(EntityLivingBase.java:855) ~[sv.class:?]

at thaumcraft.common.entities.monster.EntityWisp.func_70097_a(EntityWisp.java:89) ~[EntityWisp.class:?]

at net.minecraft.entity.player.EntityPlayer.func_71059_n(EntityPlayer.java:1232) ~[yz.class:?]

at crazypants.enderio.machine.killera.TileKillerJoe.processTasks(TileKillerJoe.java:225) ~[TileKillerJoe.class:?]

at crazypants.enderio.machine.AbstractMachineEntity.doUpdate(AbstractMachineEntity.java:262) ~[AbstractMachineEntity.class:?]

at crazypants.enderio.machine.killera.TileKillerJoe.doUpdate(TileKillerJoe.java:141) ~[TileKillerJoe.class:?]

at com.enderio.core.common.TileEntityEnder.func_145845_h(TileEntityEnder.java:45) ~[TileEntityEnder.class:?]

at net.minecraft.world.World.func_72939_s(World.java:1939) ~[ahb.class:?]

at net.minecraft.world.WorldServer.func_72939_s(WorldServer.java:489) ~[mt.class:?]

at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.func_71190_q(MinecraftServer.java:636) [MinecraftServer.class:?]

at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.func_71217_p(MinecraftServer.java:547) [MinecraftServer.class:?]

at net.minecraft.server.integrated.IntegratedServer.func_71217_p(IntegratedServer.java:111) [bsx.class:?]

at fastcraft.at.a(F:978) [fastcraft-1.23.jar:?]

at fastcraft.H.aq(F:36) [fastcraft-1.23.jar:?]

at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:396) [MinecraftServer.class:?]

at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer$2.run(MinecraftServer.java:685) [?:?]

[02:45:17] [Netty Client IO #2/INFO]: Restoring client configs.

[02:45:17] [Netty Client IO #2/INFO]: Reset configs to client values for com.enderio.core.common.config.ConfigHandler

[02:45:17] [Netty Client IO #2/INFO]: Disconnect from server: Unregistering RFTools dimensions

[02:45:17] [Server thread/INFO]: Stopping server

[02:45:17] [Server thread/INFO]: Saving players

[02:45:17] [Server thread/INFO]: Saving worlds

[02:45:17] [Server thread/INFO]: Saving chunks for level 'Test World 6'/Overworld

[02:45:17] [Server thread/INFO]: Saving chunks for level 'Test World 6'/Nether

[02:45:17] [Server thread/INFO]: Saving chunks for level 'Test World 6'/The End

[02:45:17] [Server thread/INFO]: Saving chunks for level 'Test World 6'/Twilight Forest

[02:45:17] [Server thread/INFO]: Saving chunks for level 'Test World 6'/Bedrock

[02:45:17] [Server thread/INFO]: Saving chunks for level 'Test World 6'/Chroma

[02:45:17] [Server thread/INFO]: Saving chunks for level 'Test World 6'/The Outer Lands

I suppose it's possible it had something to do with Fastcraft (that's the only other mod I see mentioned in the log, though I didn't do a very thorough reading.) I can easily set up some other way of killing wisps, so it's not a big deal, I just thought it might be something Reika might want to know, since I didn't find anything mentioning it after searching the web.

Edited To Add: It apparently did kill a wisp, as I got some Ethereal Essence, so apparently whatever happened it was after the wisp died.

Edit 2: Some testing in a creative world leads me to believe it's a problem with any (most?) fake players killing wisps. I tried an Autonomous Activator with a sword, the Draconic Evolution Mob Grinder, the Progressive Automation Killer, and the Rotarycraft Mob Harvester (all the options in my pack), and the only one that didn't cause a crash was the Mob Harvester. I don't know how the Mob Harvester works (it says it gives player only drops, but I'm guessing it doesn't use a fake player for anything) but it seems to me (and I'm not really familiar with Minecraft modding, though I am familiar with code) that it's a problem with the interaction between fake players, wisps, and Chromaticraft.

Last edited:
C

cyril_76

hi
i have a problem with the casting complex
im trying to cast a portal rift butit takes like hours and the only thing happening are random lightnings and explosions with the simbols going from the repeater to the table

i have a pylon of each color all wired with turbocharged repeaters and it looks like the lumen got into the table i have no idea why the craft isn't finished yet

edit : after a few hours of waiting the game just crashed i restarted it had to restart the craft and the same thing keeps happenning

Last edited:

Folanlron

Jul 29, 2019
Soo went back and did the Monument again, had debug mode on clamped my FPS 30, and disabled Adv OpenGL commands...

http://imgur.com/a/1MLLf

The weird thing camera information from the console, shows that movement was done correctly but after passing under the monument, the camera jumped back to spawn, but Location info shows that I am still sitting at the monument..(Is there anyway to Exit this animation?)

animation was still doing the weird flying/no flying thing, Flying shows a constant 30fps, but not flying while animation was playing the whole thing was over 90fps..

Attachments

• chromacamera.txt
    730.4 KB · Views: 57
Last edited:
M

Mekle

Ok, so I've recently come back to playing a world with Chromaticraft v15 in it, (was playing with v10d, so lots of changes!) and I've been really enjoying it, that is until I built my Lumen Tree.

My lumen tree's Luminescent Battery is only about 8 blocks away from a Multi-Aura repeater that is hooked up to all 16 colors, however when I completed the tree, it didn't start to pull lumens like I expected (and remember it doing in v10). I've tried everything I can think of to 'enable' it, but no go. I'm relatively confident I built it right, as when I built it, placing the battery caused the 3 glass to gain the glowing effect and look more like the battery.

Until the server rebooted at it's normal time.

After server reboot, the multiblock doesn't appear to be recognized, and won't until I tear a bunch of it out. Taking out few blocks didn't seem to reset it, but taking out one full column of the 4 that make up the trunk and replacing them exactly made the placement of the battery reform the multiblock (at least, according to the visual effect) but of course, it still doesn't charge.

Am I doing something wrong? Did the multiblock for the lumen tree change in some way that isn't documented in the lexicon?

-Mekle

Folanlron

Jul 29, 2019
It only takes small bit's of the network(when starting out) after awhile you should start seeing the Crystal Leafs growing on the Resonance Rings.

And as for the structure de-forming, check chunk boundaries ? only thing I can think of.

Last edited:

Reika

RotaryCraft Dev
FTB Mod Dev
Sep 3, 2013
Toronto, Canada
sites.google.com
Ok, so I've recently come back to playing a world with Chromaticraft v15 in it, (was playing with v10d, so lots of changes!) and I've been really enjoying it, that is until I built my Lumen Tree.

My lumen tree's Luminescent Battery is only about 8 blocks away from a Multi-Aura repeater that is hooked up to all 16 colors, however when I completed the tree, it didn't start to pull lumens like I expected (and remember it doing in v10). I've tried everything I can think of to 'enable' it, but no go. I'm relatively confident I built it right, as when I built it, placing the battery caused the 3 glass to gain the glowing effect and look more like the battery.

Until the server rebooted at it's normal time.

After server reboot, the multiblock doesn't appear to be recognized, and won't until I tear a bunch of it out. Taking out few blocks didn't seem to reset it, but taking out one full column of the 4 that make up the trunk and replacing them exactly made the placement of the battery reform the multiblock (at least, according to the visual effect) but of course, it still doesn't charge.

Am I doing something wrong? Did the multiblock for the lumen tree change in some way that isn't documented in the lexicon?

-Mekle
Does it have things near its base?

M

Mekle

It only takes small bit's of the network(when starting out) after awhile you should start seeing the Crystal Leafs growing on the Resonance Rings.

And as for the structure de-forming, check chunk boundaries ? only thing I can think of.

Turns out this was user error, entirely in placement of the Lumen tree. While I placed it on the surface, I had a mob farm WAY up at buildlimit in the sky, and that was enough to have the lumen battery not meet it's 'view of sky' conditions. As soon as I moved it away from the mob farm, it pulled lumens for the first time, and started to charge and grow leaves.

Two days of fighting with it, AND reading everything I could in the lexicon and online, and it just didn't click for me what was going on. Sorry about the confusion.

I will admit, I think deforming the multiblock because of not having a view of the sky is a bit strange, particularly since it formed initially.

M

Mekle

Does it have things near its base?

There are Enderflowers that keep growing there. I keep clearing them. I've been trying to keep everything out of range of the volume of space it takes up when fully grown...

Folanlron

Jul 29, 2019
Turns out this was user error, entirely in placement of the Lumen tree. While I placed it on the surface, I had a mob farm WAY up at buildlimit in the sky, and that was enough to have the lumen battery not meet it's 'view of sky' conditions. As soon as I moved it away from the mob farm, it pulled lumens for the first time, and started to charge and grow leaves.

Two days of fighting with it, AND reading everything I could in the lexicon and online, and it just didn't click for me what was going on. Sorry about the confusion.

I will admit, I think deforming the multiblock because of not having a view of the sky is a bit strange, particularly since it formed initially.

Ya the Need clear sky requirement is a bit weird =/ kinda hampers on builds it's a battery not a real tree.