Mod Feedback ChromatiCraft questions and suggestions

U

Unistic

Has anyone had trouble with Thaumcraft Wisps and Ender IO Killer Joes previously? I have (as far as I know) the latest 1.7.10 versions of Ender IO, Thaumcraft and Chromaticraft, but when I put a couple wisp spawners in my killing chamber, I kept getting disconnected (despite the fact I'm playing single player. Yes, I know it technically runs a local server, I just found it odd it dumped me out to the multiplayer "Connect to Server" screen.)

The relevant "crash" report is below.

Code:
[02:45:17] [Server thread/ERROR]: There was a critical exception handling a packet on channel ChromaData

java.lang.NullPointerException

at cpw.mods.fml.common.network.FMLOutboundHandler$OutboundTarget$4.selectNetworks(FMLOutboundHandler.java:109) ~[FMLOutboundHandler$OutboundTarget$4.class:?]

at cpw.mods.fml.common.network.FMLOutboundHandler.write(FMLOutboundHandler.java:273) ~[FMLOutboundHandler.class:?]

at io.netty.channel.DefaultChannelHandlerContext.invokeWrite(DefaultChannelHandlerContext.java:644) ~[DefaultChannelHandlerContext.class:?]

at io.netty.channel.DefaultChannelHandlerContext.write(DefaultChannelHandlerContext.java:698) ~[DefaultChannelHandlerContext.class:?]

at io.netty.channel.DefaultChannelHandlerContext.write(DefaultChannelHandlerContext.java:637) ~[DefaultChannelHandlerContext.class:?]

at io.netty.handler.codec.MessageToMessageEncoder.write(MessageToMessageEncoder.java:115) ~[MessageToMessageEncoder.class:?]

at io.netty.handler.codec.MessageToMessageCodec.write(MessageToMessageCodec.java:116) ~[MessageToMessageCodec.class:?]

at io.netty.channel.DefaultChannelHandlerContext.invokeWrite(DefaultChannelHandlerContext.java:644) ~[DefaultChannelHandlerContext.class:?]

at io.netty.channel.DefaultChannelHandlerContext.write(DefaultChannelHandlerContext.java:698) ~[DefaultChannelHandlerContext.class:?]

at io.netty.channel.DefaultChannelHandlerContext.writeAndFlush(DefaultChannelHandlerContext.java:688) ~[DefaultChannelHandlerContext.class:?]

at io.netty.channel.DefaultChannelHandlerContext.writeAndFlush(DefaultChannelHandlerContext.java:717) ~[DefaultChannelHandlerContext.class:?]

at io.netty.channel.DefaultChannelPipeline.writeAndFlush(DefaultChannelPipeline.java:893) ~[DefaultChannelPipeline.class:?]

at io.netty.channel.AbstractChannel.writeAndFlush(AbstractChannel.java:239) ~[AbstractChannel.class:?]

at cpw.mods.fml.common.network.simpleimpl.SimpleNetworkWrapper.sendTo(SimpleNetworkWrapper.java:196) ~[SimpleNetworkWrapper.class:?]

at Reika.DragonAPI.Instantiable.IO.PacketPipeline.sendToPlayer(PacketPipeline.java:83) ~[PacketPipeline.class:?]

at Reika.DragonAPI.Libraries.IO.ReikaPacketHelper.sendDataPacket(ReikaPacketHelper.java:250) ~[ReikaPacketHelper.class:?]

at Reika.DragonAPI.Libraries.IO.ReikaPacketHelper.sendDataPacket(ReikaPacketHelper.java:210) ~[ReikaPacketHelper.class:?]

at Reika.ChromatiCraft.Magic.PlayerElementBuffer.setElementCap(PlayerElementBuffer.java:206) ~[PlayerElementBuffer.class:?]

at Reika.ChromatiCraft.Magic.PlayerElementBuffer.addToPlayer(PlayerElementBuffer.java:87) ~[PlayerElementBuffer.class:?]

at Reika.ChromatiCraft.Magic.PlayerElementBuffer.addToPlayer(PlayerElementBuffer.java:99) ~[PlayerElementBuffer.class:?]

at Reika.ChromatiCraft.ChromaticEventManager.wispEnergy(ChromaticEventManager.java:935) ~[ChromaticEventManager.class:?]

at cpw.mods.fml.common.eventhandler.ASMEventHandler_304_ChromaticEventManager_wispEnergy_LivingDropsEvent.invoke(.dynamic) ~[?:?]

at cpw.mods.fml.common.eventhandler.ASMEventHandler.invoke(ASMEventHandler.java:54) ~[ASMEventHandler.class:?]

at cpw.mods.fml.common.eventhandler.EventBus.post(EventBus.java:140) ~[EventBus.class:?]

at net.minecraftforge.common.ForgeHooks.onLivingDrops(ForgeHooks.java:308) ~[ForgeHooks.class:?]

at net.minecraft.entity.EntityLivingBase.func_70645_a(EntityLivingBase.java:939) ~[sv.class:?]

at thaumcraft.common.entities.monster.EntityWisp.func_70645_a(EntityWisp.java:103) ~[EntityWisp.class:?]

at net.minecraft.entity.EntityLivingBase.func_70097_a(EntityLivingBase.java:855) ~[sv.class:?]

at thaumcraft.common.entities.monster.EntityWisp.func_70097_a(EntityWisp.java:89) ~[EntityWisp.class:?]

at net.minecraft.entity.player.EntityPlayer.func_71059_n(EntityPlayer.java:1232) ~[yz.class:?]

at crazypants.enderio.machine.killera.TileKillerJoe.processTasks(TileKillerJoe.java:225) ~[TileKillerJoe.class:?]

at crazypants.enderio.machine.AbstractMachineEntity.doUpdate(AbstractMachineEntity.java:262) ~[AbstractMachineEntity.class:?]

at crazypants.enderio.machine.killera.TileKillerJoe.doUpdate(TileKillerJoe.java:141) ~[TileKillerJoe.class:?]

at com.enderio.core.common.TileEntityEnder.func_145845_h(TileEntityEnder.java:45) ~[TileEntityEnder.class:?]

at net.minecraft.world.World.func_72939_s(World.java:1939) ~[ahb.class:?]

at net.minecraft.world.WorldServer.func_72939_s(WorldServer.java:489) ~[mt.class:?]

at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.func_71190_q(MinecraftServer.java:636) [MinecraftServer.class:?]

at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.func_71217_p(MinecraftServer.java:547) [MinecraftServer.class:?]

at net.minecraft.server.integrated.IntegratedServer.func_71217_p(IntegratedServer.java:111) [bsx.class:?]

at fastcraft.at.a(F:978) [fastcraft-1.23.jar:?]

at fastcraft.H.aq(F:36) [fastcraft-1.23.jar:?]

at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:396) [MinecraftServer.class:?]

at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer$2.run(MinecraftServer.java:685) [?:?]

[02:45:17] [Netty Client IO #2/INFO]: Restoring client configs.

[02:45:17] [Netty Client IO #2/INFO]: Reset configs to client values for com.enderio.core.common.config.ConfigHandler

[02:45:17] [Netty Client IO #2/INFO]: Disconnect from server: Unregistering RFTools dimensions

[02:45:17] [Server thread/INFO]: Stopping server

[02:45:17] [Server thread/INFO]: Saving players

[02:45:17] [Server thread/INFO]: Saving worlds

[02:45:17] [Server thread/INFO]: Saving chunks for level 'Test World 6'/Overworld

[02:45:17] [Server thread/INFO]: Saving chunks for level 'Test World 6'/Nether

[02:45:17] [Server thread/INFO]: Saving chunks for level 'Test World 6'/The End

[02:45:17] [Server thread/INFO]: Saving chunks for level 'Test World 6'/Twilight Forest

[02:45:17] [Server thread/INFO]: Saving chunks for level 'Test World 6'/Bedrock

[02:45:17] [Server thread/INFO]: Saving chunks for level 'Test World 6'/Chroma

[02:45:17] [Server thread/INFO]: Saving chunks for level 'Test World 6'/The Outer Lands

I suppose it's possible it had something to do with Fastcraft (that's the only other mod I see mentioned in the log, though I didn't do a very thorough reading.) I can easily set up some other way of killing wisps, so it's not a big deal, I just thought it might be something Reika might want to know, since I didn't find anything mentioning it after searching the web.

Edited To Add: It apparently did kill a wisp, as I got some Ethereal Essence, so apparently whatever happened it was after the wisp died.

Edit 2: Some testing in a creative world leads me to believe it's a problem with any (most?) fake players killing wisps. I tried an Autonomous Activator with a sword, the Draconic Evolution Mob Grinder, the Progressive Automation Killer, and the Rotarycraft Mob Harvester (all the options in my pack), and the only one that didn't cause a crash was the Mob Harvester. I don't know how the Mob Harvester works (it says it gives player only drops, but I'm guessing it doesn't use a fake player for anything) but it seems to me (and I'm not really familiar with Minecraft modding, though I am familiar with code) that it's a problem with the interaction between fake players, wisps, and Chromaticraft.

So is there a fix for this?
I'm having the same issue with my wisp farm. Even spikes do not work. As stated it will kill the wisp but you will get disconnected after each kill on SP or Sever.

I use the mob harvester for other mobs. But for wisp I prefer not having to use a ton of fans to push them over the harverst.

Thanks.

horneybull

Jul 29, 2019
Is there a bug with too many rainbow trees? I had like 10-15 of them planted nearby and in the sky was a weird curvy line. Anyone else experienced this? Do any plants do things when put together in large numbers?

Brian_E

Jul 29, 2019
Whew! Made it to the chroma dimension. I have to say this mod has been a LOT of fun figuring out. The occasional frustration was expected, but was always user error. I seriously haven't had as much fun since the first few times running through Thaumcraft (the joy of getting several info fragments and scrolling through the lexicon to see what cool new thing you have is like christmas!)

A couple things:
1) Does the ritual altar not pull from the lumen tree? I've had a few times where, even though my tree has (at least) several hundred thousand of every color, if not over a million, a ritual has hung while it slowly pulls from a pylon (which unfortunately has probably been drained to charge up the tree). Not a big deal really, and I haven't tested it thoroughly, but just observation.

2) help! I've been randomly flying around the chroma dimension for hours now trying to find a way out, and have tried some obvious and not-so-obvious ways of leaving (flying waaaay up, digging waaaay down, investigating the chasms/pits, etc), but no luck so far. The only thing I can think of is the next progress entry 'Unusual Structures' being involved, but I'm not sure if that's talking about the 16 mazes or something else; either way since I'm flying blind and haven't seen one, I don't know if that's even the case. Thank goodness for the ender pouch and someone willing to recharge my jetpack and mana tablet when they run dry! Any tips? (Feel free to PM to keep it from public knowledge, but I can't find/think of anything else that points to how to leave)

RealKC

Popular Member
Dec 6, 2015
King of the Hill
I believe that Reika once said that you get out of the Chroma dimension same way you got in, but don't quote me on that. My memory isn't that good, so I may be wrong.

Brian_E

Jul 29, 2019
Yeah, I remember reading that and have tried to keep it in mind (hence the digging down for 'something to jump through' and looking up in the air for 'something to fly back up through' and even trying to manipulate the craters & chasms to see if there's some condition that causes them to generate a portal), but I'm left thinking there's another portal somewhere pre-made (since obviously I can't craft another one from this side)

RealKC

Popular Member
Dec 6, 2015
King of the Hill
Maybe you're supposed to bring one with you? Again don't quote me on that, that was a wild guess and it may be wrong.
Edit: or the materials to build one

mathwiz617

Apr 29, 2015
Is there a way to transport liquids inter-dimensionally using Chromaticraft? I've been in a RotaryCraft mood, and want to use as few non-Reika mods as possible. I'm trying to get jet fuel and lubricant from the overworld into Thaumic Tinkerer's Bedrock dimension, and don't really feel like messing with tesseracts and Thermal Dynamics.

mathwiz617

Apr 29, 2015
Hmm... that sounds late-game, but I will check it out. I tried Chromaticraft before, and got frustrated when I spawned within range of a pylon. Been looking through the Lexicon (creatively spawned), and I think I know what I had done wrong before.

At the very least, it'll be a new, hopefully fun, experience.

Someone Else 37

Forum Addict
Feb 10, 2013
Yeah, I remember reading that and have tried to keep it in mind (hence the digging down for 'something to jump through' and looking up in the air for 'something to fly back up through' and even trying to manipulate the craters & chasms to see if there's some condition that causes them to generate a portal), but I'm left thinking there's another portal somewhere pre-made (since obviously I can't craft another one from this side)
I will say this: You do not need a jetpack or any form of flight to exit the chroma dimension; only a pickaxe (or Matter Phase, not that you have access to it yet). There is indeed something to jump through at the deepest location you can reach; you just need to find it.

Also note that dying in the chroma dimension will not cause you to lose anything except your location: your inventory, progression, abilities, and stored lumens will all remain perfectly intact. So don't worry about losing any of your stuff if you think you might be doing something stupid.

Is there a way to transport liquids inter-dimensionally using Chromaticraft? I've been in a RotaryCraft mood, and want to use as few non-Reika mods as possible. I'm trying to get jet fuel and lubricant from the overworld into Thaumic Tinkerer's Bedrock dimension, and don't really feel like messing with tesseracts and Thermal Dynamics.
Yep, World Rifts. They are indeed pretty lategame. If I remember correctly, they require pylon casting, but will unlock before you have to go the chroma dimension.

Also, it's worth noting that world rifts can transport RotaryCraft power as well. You can set up your jet engines in the comfort of your own home for ease of maintenance, and just power your bedrock breaker directly off the rift on the other side.

RavynousHunter

Jul 29, 2019
I never thought about using the breaker in the bedrock dimension...gods, I'm stupid. Setup a reactor (or pair) that can run 2 HP turbines at full power and, with a little gear work, I could have it running at one-tick levels, and the rifts would be ideal for that application. Hm...

F

f0xxplayzz

I just wanted to ask how to infuse the raw crystals from Chromaticraft to iridescent crystal shards because i haven't found an entry in the lexicon for that.
And can you add something like a structure-compass to the chromaticraft cause its really hard to find an ocean temple. I searched over 3 hours before i found one!!!:(:(

Last edited:

Someone Else 37

Forum Addict
Feb 10, 2013
I just wanted to ask how to infuse the raw crystals from Chromaticraft to iridescent crystal shards because i haven't found an entry in the lexicon for that.
And can you add something like a structure-compass to the chromaticraft cause its really hard to find an ocean temple. I searched over 3 hours before i found one!!!:(:(
As for the iridescent crystals, there's a multiblock structure for that. You should have the fragment for it already.

As for assistance in finding the worldgen structures... There's nothing for that at the moment (not for the Overworld or Nether structures, at least), but they don't gate anything before the portal to the chroma dimension. You've got plenty of time to find them.

For the ocean structures, the best I can recommend is to get a boat or some sort of flight and use your minimap or some night vision potions to look for an unusual structure on the seafloor. They're L-shaped, if that helps.

Reactions: Plasmasnake
F

f0xxplayzz

Thanks for the information with the raw crystals!!:D
And I know that there is no way to find the structures easier at the moment because of this I asked Reika to add something to find them. I flew so far over the ocean normaly i wouldn't fly so far away from my home....

F

f0xxplayzz

Is the progress painful loss important??? If it is important can someone say me what i have to do for it???

Brian_E

Jul 29, 2019
Thanks SomeoneElse; with that tip I was able to find the exit, although I did have to brute-force it a little bit. On my next trip I'll try to see if there's a way to hone in on the right area a bit better. Before I do though I have to figure why my ritual altar suddenly stopped working so I can get the new buff.