Mod Feedback ChromatiCraft questions and suggestions

Someone Else 37

Forum Addict
Feb 10, 2013
Broadcasting is the only progression that i can do in the book. discovered every structure. even died with lots of lumen. So far, i only found this invisible plant that likes to live on trees, so i assumed that it is the ivy. I guess i have to look at other places.

edit: I am missing the nature essence. NEI points me to aura ivy.
Try Extreme Hills.

L

Looma

like i said. i assumed it was the plant i was looking for ;). If it is indeed the specific biome i need, i can stop my search. it looks like ATG does not have any of those in the standard config and is not generating it in my world.

Ieldra

Popular Member
Apr 25, 2014
like i said. i assumed it was the plant i was looking for ;). If it is indeed the specific biome i need, i can stop my search. it looks like ATG does not have any of those in the standard config and is not generating it in my world.
You don't need a specific biome as far as I'm aware of. Hint: ivy is a climbing plant. It should be, as most plants, green. There may be a problem with the way ATG worldgen makes its landscapes, but it's not biome-related.

L

Looma

well. i searched a 10kx6k area and did not find a thing. after a change to the ATG config (added all variants of said biome) i finally found the plant i was looking for. similar biomes (temperature and height) did not have them. Maybe it is a generation issue. I will check other biomes with similar world generation again, but this change helped a lot.

Ieldra

Popular Member
Apr 25, 2014
This is untrue. The nontiered plants are all biome-specific.
I found them both in mountain biomes and BoP's Highlands biomes, so I didn't think they were specific. Is there a broader category "mountainous" or something similar?

Rubyheart

Jul 29, 2019
My favorite way to answer a question I don't want to answer is to give a correct but completely useless answer.

"What biomes do these things spawn in?" The biomes with the stuff.

"What stuff?" The stuff that is in those biomes.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Xavion

Jul 29, 2019
So is there anything special required to reactivate broken pylons? I had two pylons near me that were broken from the start due to worldgen deleting a piece of stone, once from a little one block tree in a swamp and once from a PHC mushroom garden log. I got crystalline stone crafting and repaired them but they just sit there inactive. I've had similar things months back with much older versions where I've been unable to get a pylon that was deactivated reactivated so wondering if I'm missing anything, using the elemental manipulator doesn't seem to do anything which was naturally my first attempt.

Reika

RotaryCraft Dev
FTB Mod Dev
Sep 3, 2013
Toronto, Canada
sites.google.com
So is there anything special required to reactivate broken pylons? I had two pylons near me that were broken from the start due to worldgen deleting a piece of stone, once from a little one block tree in a swamp and once from a PHC mushroom garden log. I got crystalline stone crafting and repaired them but they just sit there inactive. I've had similar things months back with much older versions where I've been unable to get a pylon that was deactivated reactivated so wondering if I'm missing anything, using the elemental manipulator doesn't seem to do anything which was naturally my first attempt.
As long as the structure is complete, it should work.

Xavion

Jul 29, 2019
As long as the structure is complete, it should work.
Hmm, I'll have to double check the structure. Is there some kind of delay till it reactivates so I should know how long I should sit watching it for before reporting it? And trying to drain it with the elemental manipulator is a valid way of checking if it's working right?

Reika

RotaryCraft Dev
FTB Mod Dev
Sep 3, 2013
Toronto, Canada
sites.google.com
Hmm, I'll have to double check the structure. Is there some kind of delay till it reactivates so I should know how long I should sit watching it for before reporting it? And trying to drain it with the elemental manipulator is a valid way of checking if it's working right?
It needs to recharge for a couple of hours - while chunkloaded.

Xavion

Jul 29, 2019
It needs to recharge for a couple of hours - while chunkloaded.
Ok, I'll make sure to put chunkloaders down and come back later. Was pylon auto-chunkloading a thing? I think it was and don't think it would've been disabled but whatever, I'll try some other chunkloaders there.

Exadi

Jul 29, 2019
If by inactive you mean not making sound/zapping things then you probably did it wrong. In my experience they do that as soon as you fix them. But yeah they will have to recharge before you can do anything useful with them.

Xavion

Jul 29, 2019
Ok, so still not seeming to do anything, including sounds or zapping stuff and no clue what I did wrong. So screenshots of a pylon from every side, no idea what I missed. Made it as an imgur album.

Any ideas what I missed?

N

Noris

Hi, my minecraft crashes always when i'm tryin to open casting altar recipe in chromic lexicon, i've tried to build it from youtube videos but it doesn't work. I'm 100% sure that my casting table is 1tier. Any ideas?

Last edited:

Someone Else 37

Forum Addict
Feb 10, 2013
Ok, so still not seeming to do anything, including sounds or zapping stuff and no clue what I did wrong. So screenshots of a pylon from every side, no idea what I missed. Made it as an imgur album.

Any ideas what I missed?
Does it need to have the corners of the bottom layer filled in with crystalline stone? I don't know if it does or not, but that's the first thing I'd try.

Hi, my minecraft crashes always when i'm tryin to open casting altar recipe in chromic lexicon, i've tried to build it from youtube videos but it doesn't work. I'm 100% sure that my casting table is 1tier. Any ideas?
Could you post the game log or crash report to Pastebin or some similar service and link it here? Without that, there's no way for us to tell what's wrong.

E

Exo594

I'm having a strange issue where my Lexicon's progression page will reset randomly. It appears that I still have each individual "achievement", but the book isn't showing that I do. If I obtain another achievement in the same chain, the book will show the chain, completed to the point I just got. However, the next time I open the book, the page will be back to the original "new to the mod" display, REGARDLESS of whether or not I use the "save and close" button.