Mod Feedback ChromatiCraft questions and suggestions

• FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

Someone Else 37

Forum Addict
Feb 10, 2013
OK, I've finally gotten around to actually playing around with ChC and checking out the new features and epic music and stuff in a semi-legit world (no cheating in anything other than raw materials or vanilla items, for fear of messing up the progression), now that I actually have some idea of what I should be doing.

First reaction: Holy cow does the first time load take forever. Is it absolutely necessary to freeze the game for five minutes while all that epic music downloads? It's not like the dimension is actually going to be accessed in the first minute or two of the game...

On subsequent loads, it only freezes (on a splash screen with broken text) for about half a minute. Annoying, but not much to complain about.

Finding the worldgen structures is annoying, if only because deserts and oceans can be extremely hard to find if you don't happen to spawn in one. I did manage to find an ocean (and an ocean temple), but so far, that's it. I also came across at least three separate rainbow forests while I was searching...
I found myself wishing I'd installed Twilight Forest, if only so that I could have that magic biome map, which has a much longer detection range than vanilla maps do. An analogous tool in ChC would be handy... at least, if the desert and ocean structures are gating at all. Am I correct in assuming that the other two structures can be found pretty much anywhere?

I like how when you use the elemental manipulator to drain energy from the pylons, it (a) discovers the element for you (I'm nowhere near Pylon Surge Protection yet), and (b) the maximum energy you are able to absorb increases smoothly as you draw more energy. Much nicer than the previous system, which required you to max out all 16 colors before your maximum would increase.

I've also noticed that whenever I discover a new color (either by walking directly up to the pylon or draining it from a safe distance with the Manipulator), all the chunks re-render. Not a big issue; just a little annoying when I'm running around with a pylon compass for the first time.

The lily that drops Infused Dust renders... strangely. Its flower, specifically. Even though the two textures it uses intersect (like saplings and most other vanilla plants), one of the lily's textures renders on top of the other even though half of it should be behind. See here:
2016-05-27_15.54.48.png
This also happens with the flower that drops Aura Dust, which has a similar glowy rendering thing going on.

Also, in the Lexicon, my cursor still jumps around whenever I click on any button. When the cursor is in the top half of the screen, it jumps down about half a screen-height; when it's in the bottom half, it jumps up about 1/4 of a screen-height. Worth noting that I'm running this fullscreen on a Macbook with a 2880 x 1800 Retina display... which might be part of the cause.

At any rate, I'm thoroughly enjoying the mod at this point, and very much looking forward to what is to come. If I haven't come across that way, it's because I'm still pretty early-game and already know much of what's going on.

Someone Else 37

Forum Addict
Feb 10, 2013
I do quite like the "Save and Exit" button in the Lexicon. Handy when crafting and I keep having to go back and forth between the book and the casting table, or when I'm setting up one of the multiblocks.

Lumen turrets are cool. Is there something anywhere that documents what all the different rune upgrades do, or will I just have to experiment and figure that out for myself?

Lumen wire. I like how it looks, and how you can change what it detects with the Elemental Manipulator. A few questions: What's the difference between the first two modes (light blue and dark blue; both only seem to detect me), and what does the second-to-last mode (cyan) even detect? Let me guess: All players, only the block's owner, and only players other than the owner, in some order?
Also, the flavor text in the lexicon seemed to indicate that the wire could be hidden and used for PvP traps, like vanilla tripwire is in those jungle temples. But none of the modes are at all subtle. Is the intention to use lots and lots of wires and have most of them do nothing, and just a few that set off traps?

The enchantment decomposer... it seems to need two different colors pylon energy? I seemed to get the research for it by jumping into a puddle of liquid chroma, long before I'm any where close to making repeaters. Similar thing with the tinted crystal lenses... I got the research for them after suicidally running up to a pylon for the first time... and some of the ingredients are still weird runes. Similarly, I have lumen lamps, but not the lamp controller, so I can't turn them on. None of these are serious issues; it just seems odd that I have the recipes for these items so long before I'll actually be able to use them.

I very much approve of the changes to the structure-blueprint pages of the Lexicon. I remember when the 3D rendering rendered the blocks in an incomprehensible order that just made the whole structure look flat, and when you tried to rotate it to see the structure edge-on, it wound up tilted at some funny angle. It's much better now, and the 2D and "N#" tabs are both very useful when building.

I also noticed that the shard-boosting process got gated behind progression. I was wondering why it wasn't working like I remembered...

Reika

RotaryCraft Dev
FTB Mod Dev
Sep 3, 2013
Toronto, Canada
sites.google.com
Lumen wire. I like how it looks, and how you can change what it detects with the Elemental Manipulator. A few questions: What's the difference between the first two modes (light blue and dark blue; both only seem to detect me), and what does the second-to-last mode (cyan) even detect? Let me guess: All players, only the block's owner, and only players other than the owner, in some order?
https://github.com/ReikaKalseki/Chr.../TileEntity/TileEntityLumenWire.java#L460-490
Code:
ANY(0xffffff),
OWNER(0x22aaff),
PLAYER(0x0000ff),
MOB(0xff0000),
PASSIVE(0x00ff00),
LIVING(0x00ffff),
ITEM(0xffff00),
PROJECTILE(0x00ffff);

L

Looma

I tried the lumen repeaters again. rebuild all 3 lines from the pylon to the altar. it is still not triggering. the dotted lines look connect. is there any research i am missing before they start to work? I am still unable to start the ritual. every time i right-click either the repeaters or the ritual table, i get the "faulty" sound as if something is missing. here is a screenshot of my altar, if it helps.
2016-05-28_17.55.19.png

Reika

RotaryCraft Dev
FTB Mod Dev
Sep 3, 2013
Toronto, Canada
sites.google.com
I tried the lumen repeaters again. rebuild all 3 lines from the pylon to the altar. it is still not triggering. the dotted lines look connect. is there any research i am missing before they start to work? I am still unable to start the ritual. every time i right-click either the repeaters or the ritual table, i get the "faulty" sound as if something is missing. here is a screenshot of my altar, if it helps.
View attachment 27709
Are they within range of the pylon?

L

Looma

Yes. I put screenshots in spoiler tags. maybe the repeater line near kuro is a little bit too steep. is there a limit in vertical direction? the lines did connect, but that could be a visual bug.

2016-05-28_20.30.14.png
2016-05-28_20.30.34.png
2016-05-28_20.30.50.png

Ieldra

Popular Member
Apr 25, 2014
One would think that you wouldn't get stuck at the same place twice, but then the rules have changed....

I have the following progression entries open (all of the previous tiers completed except Ocean Temples and Buried Hollows):

(1) Broadcasting, which I can't to because I don't have the recipe for the crystal repeater
(2) Lumen Storage, which I can't do because I can't craft an elemental core (no recipe)
(3) Magic Alloying, which I have done but that doesn't help me along at the moment
(4) Unity of the elements, which I can't do because I don't have the recipe for the elemental core.

Any new fragments come up blank. What now? The last time I arrived here, the recipe for the crystal repeater was available. Now it isn't....

I'd like a hint.

Ieldra

Popular Member
Apr 25, 2014
The wood repeaters and ritual table. Tis how I got past that point.
I already did that. That was "Lumen Harnessing" and it unlocked "Broadcasting". I recall the recipe for the elemental core was hard to find last time, but I definitely don't have it. The fragment comes up with cryptic runes for a name in NEI, as does the one for the crystal repeater.

Last edited:

Ieldra

Popular Member
Apr 25, 2014
So....can anyone explain why crafting a heat lamp opened up a new research level when I had crafted several things at the same level before?

This was the situation:

I had a casting temple and had crafted something with it several times (with castings using the casting stands), but the chromaprog command said I couldn't step into "MULTICRAFT" (false and true), which is supposed to mean, as far as I understand things, that I had all research for the preceding level but hadn't crafted something at that level. But then, I had. I had made heat lilies, casting stands (obviously), a chromatic enchanter and redstone flux radiators, which all appear under the "Runecrafting" tag in the lexicon, so I didn't think my being stuck would've had anything to do with not having crafted enough. I had also made an elemental lamp and an inventory warp, which use the same casting structure I was supposedly not ready to use.

If this is a bug, I'd like to know. If not, I'd like to know the logic behind this. It appears to me that progression and research are out of synch here.

Edit:
I looked into the code. As far as I understand things, only the fact that you had cast something at a certain level is stored, not how much.

Last edited:
L

Looma

no idea what the issue with the lumen repeater was, but after rebuilding altar + repeater network again, i finally got some fireworks going :)

Someone Else 37

Forum Addict
Feb 10, 2013
https://github.com/ReikaKalseki/Chr.../TileEntity/TileEntityLumenWire.java#L460-490
Code:
ANY(0xffffff),
OWNER(0x22aaff),
PLAYER(0x0000ff),
MOB(0xff0000),
PASSIVE(0x00ff00),
LIVING(0x00ffff),
ITEM(0xffff00),
PROJECTILE(0x00ffff);
Ah, projectiles. I didn't think to test those. Thanks!

The CHC enderdragon fight seems to be significantly more difficult than the vanilla dragon fight, due to the overabundance of ender crystals; and yet, ChC alone doesn't seem to provide anything more powerful than vanilla weapons (not that I've unlocked yet, at least) to make the fight any easier... other than lumen turrets, I guess. Which have a pretty short range. Good for keeping the endermen at bay, certainly, but they wouldn't seem to be much use against the dragon itself.

I'm wondering if the partially localized throwable gems would be able to help fill this gap once they're fully implemented, or if they too are/will be gated behind the dragon fight. I'm hoping for the former, but I suppose time will tell.

After finally beating the dragon to death with a sword and a bow, I jumped into the portal and got a crash when I ESC'd out of the end poem thingy. Might be worth noting that the Overworld spawn point seems to be in an ender forest.
[14:06:20] [Client thread/FATAL]: Reported exception thrown!
net.minecraft.util.ReportedException: Invalid Biome id
at net.minecraft.world.World.getBiomeGenForCoordsBody(World.java:155) ~[ahb.class:?]
at net.minecraft.world.WorldProvider.getBiomeGenForCoords(WorldProvider.java:365) ~[aqo.class:?]
at net.minecraft.world.World.func_72807_a(World.java:130) ~[ahb.class:?]
at net.minecraftforge.client.ForgeHooksClient.getSkyBlendColour(ForgeHooksClient.java:407) ~[ForgeHooksClient.class:?]
at net.minecraft.world.World.getSkyColorBody(World.java:1597) ~[ahb.class:?]
at net.minecraft.world.WorldProvider.getSkyColor(WorldProvider.java:399) ~[aqo.class:?]
at net.minecraft.world.World.func_72833_a(World.java:1575) ~[ahb.class:?]
at net.minecraft.client.renderer.EntityRenderer.func_78466_h(EntityRenderer.java:1672) ~[blt.class:?]
at net.minecraft.client.renderer.EntityRenderer.func_78471_a(EntityRenderer.java:1154) ~[blt.class:?]
at net.minecraft.client.renderer.EntityRenderer.func_78480_b(EntityRenderer.java:1011) ~[blt.class:?]
at net.minecraft.client.Minecraft.func_71411_J(Minecraft.java:1001) ~[bao.class:?]
at net.minecraft.client.Minecraft.func_99999_d(Minecraft.java:898) [bao.class:?]
at net.minecraft.client.main.Main.main(SourceFile:148) [Main.class:?]
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method) ~[?:1.8.0_91]
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:62) ~[?:1.8.0_91]
at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43) ~[?:1.8.0_91]
at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:498) ~[?:1.8.0_91]
at net.minecraft.launchwrapper.Launch.launch(Launch.java:135) [launchwrapper-1.12.jar:?]
at net.minecraft.launchwrapper.Launch.main(Launch.java:28) [launchwrapper-1.12.jar:?]
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method) ~[?:1.8.0_91]
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:62) ~[?:1.8.0_91]
at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43) ~[?:1.8.0_91]
at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:498) ~[?:1.8.0_91]
at org.multimc.onesix.OneSixLauncher.launchWithMainClass(OneSixLauncher.java:310) [NewLaunch.jar:?]
at org.multimc.onesix.OneSixLauncher.launch(OneSixLauncher.java:395) [NewLaunch.jar:?]
at org.multimc.EntryPoint.listen(EntryPoint.java:170) [NewLaunch.jar:?]
at org.multimc.EntryPoint.main(EntryPoint.java:54) [NewLaunch.jar:?]
Caused by: java.lang.NullPointerException
at net.minecraft.world.biome.WorldChunkManager.func_76936_a(WorldChunkManager.java:76) ~[aib.class:?]
at net.minecraft.world.biome.BiomeCache$Block.<init>(SourceFile:26) ~[ahz.class:?]
at net.minecraft.world.biome.BiomeCache.func_76840_a(SourceFile:52) ~[ahy.class:?]
at net.minecraft.world.biome.BiomeCache.func_76837_b(SourceFile:61) ~[ahy.class:?]
at net.minecraft.world.biome.WorldChunkManager.func_76935_a(WorldChunkManager.java:58) ~[aib.class:?]
at net.minecraft.world.chunk.Chunk.func_76591_a(Chunk.java:1288) ~[apx.class:?]
at net.minecraft.world.World.getBiomeGenForCoordsBody(World.java:141) ~[ahb.class:?]
... 26 more
[14:06:20] [Client thread/INFO]: [net.minecraft.client.Minecraft:func_71377_b:349]: ---- Minecraft Crash Report ----
// You're mean.

Time: 5/28/16 2:06 PM
Description: Invalid Biome id

java.lang.NullPointerException: Invalid Biome id
at net.minecraft.world.biome.WorldChunkManager.func_76936_a(WorldChunkManager.java:76)
at net.minecraft.world.biome.BiomeCache$Block.<init>(SourceFile:26)
at net.minecraft.world.biome.BiomeCache.func_76840_a(SourceFile:52)
at net.minecraft.world.biome.BiomeCache.func_76837_b(SourceFile:61)
at net.minecraft.world.biome.WorldChunkManager.func_76935_a(WorldChunkManager.java:58)
at net.minecraft.world.chunk.Chunk.func_76591_a(Chunk.java:1288)
at net.minecraft.world.World.getBiomeGenForCoordsBody(World.java:141)
at net.minecraft.world.WorldProvider.getBiomeGenForCoords(WorldProvider.java:365)
at net.minecraft.world.World.func_72807_a(World.java:130)
at net.minecraftforge.client.ForgeHooksClient.getSkyBlendColour(ForgeHooksClient.java:407)
at net.minecraft.world.World.getSkyColorBody(World.java:1597)
at net.minecraft.world.WorldProvider.getSkyColor(WorldProvider.java:399)
at net.minecraft.world.World.func_72833_a(World.java:1575)
at net.minecraft.client.renderer.EntityRenderer.func_78466_h(EntityRenderer.java:1672)
at net.minecraft.client.renderer.EntityRenderer.func_78471_a(EntityRenderer.java:1154)
at net.minecraft.client.renderer.EntityRenderer.func_78480_b(EntityRenderer.java:1011)
at net.minecraft.client.Minecraft.func_71411_J(Minecraft.java:1001)
at net.minecraft.client.Minecraft.func_99999_d(Minecraft.java:898)
at net.minecraft.client.main.Main.main(SourceFile:148)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:62)
at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43)
at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:498)
at net.minecraft.launchwrapper.Launch.launch(Launch.java:135)
at net.minecraft.launchwrapper.Launch.main(Launch.java:28)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:62)
at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43)
at org.multimc.onesix.OneSixLauncher.launchWithMainClass(OneSixLauncher.java:310)
at org.multimc.onesix.OneSixLauncher.launch(OneSixLauncher.java:395)
at org.multimc.EntryPoint.listen(EntryPoint.java:170)
at org.multimc.EntryPoint.main(EntryPoint.java:54)

A detailed walkthrough of the error, its code path and all known details is as follows:
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

-- Head --
Stacktrace:
at net.minecraft.world.biome.WorldChunkManager.func_76936_a(WorldChunkManager.java:76)

-- DownfallBlock --
Details:
biome id: 7
downfalls[] size: 256
x: 0
z: 0
w: 16
h: 16
Stacktrace:
at net.minecraft.world.biome.BiomeCache$Block.<init>(SourceFile:26)
at net.minecraft.world.biome.BiomeCache.func_76840_a(SourceFile:52)
at net.minecraft.world.biome.BiomeCache.func_76837_b(SourceFile:61)
at net.minecraft.world.biome.WorldChunkManager.func_76935_a(WorldChunkManager.java:58)
at net.minecraft.world.chunk.Chunk.func_76591_a(Chunk.java:1288)

-- Coordinates of biome request --
Details:
Location: World: (-286,0,218), Chunk: (at 2,0,10 in -18,13; contains blocks -288,0,208 to -273,255,223), Region: (-1,0; contains chunks -32,0 to -1,31, blocks -512,0,0 to -1,255,511)
Stacktrace:
at net.minecraft.world.World.getBiomeGenForCoordsBody(World.java:141)
at net.minecraft.world.WorldProvider.getBiomeGenForCoords(WorldProvider.java:365)
at net.minecraft.world.World.func_72807_a(World.java:130)
at net.minecraftforge.client.ForgeHooksClient.getSkyBlendColour(ForgeHooksClient.java:407)
at net.minecraft.world.World.getSkyColorBody(World.java:1597)
at net.minecraft.world.WorldProvider.getSkyColor(WorldProvider.java:399)
at net.minecraft.world.World.func_72833_a(World.java:1575)
at net.minecraft.client.renderer.EntityRenderer.func_78466_h(EntityRenderer.java:1672)
at net.minecraft.client.renderer.EntityRenderer.func_78471_a(EntityRenderer.java:1154)

-- Affected level --
Details:
Level name: MpServer
All players: 1 total; [EntityClientPlayerMP['<PROFILE NAME>'/520, l='MpServer', x=-259.50, y=70.62, z=244.50]]
Chunk stats: MultiplayerChunkCache: 0, 0
Level seed: 0
Level generator: ID 00 - default, ver 1. Features enabled: false
Level generator options:
Level spawn location: World: (-252,64,252), Chunk: (at 4,4,12 in -16,15; contains blocks -256,0,240 to -241,255,255), Region: (-1,0; contains chunks -32,0 to -1,31, blocks -512,0,0 to -1,255,511)
Level time: 648694 game time, 1349224 day time
Level dimension: 0
Level storage version: 0x00000 - Unknown?
Level weather: Rain time: 0 (now: false), thunder time: 0 (now: false)
Level game mode: Game mode: creative (ID 1). Hardcore: false. Cheats: false
Forced entities: 1 total; [EntityClientPlayerMP['<PROFILE NAME>'/520, l='MpServer', x=-259.50, y=70.62, z=244.50]]
Retry entities: 0 total; []
Server brand: fml,forge
Server type: Integrated singleplayer server
Stacktrace:
at net.minecraft.client.multiplayer.WorldClient.func_72914_a(WorldClient.java:373)
at net.minecraft.client.Minecraft.func_71396_d(Minecraft.java:2444)
at net.minecraft.client.Minecraft.func_99999_d(Minecraft.java:919)
at net.minecraft.client.main.Main.main(SourceFile:148)
at net.minecraft.launchwrapper.Launch.launch(Launch.java:135)
at net.minecraft.launchwrapper.Launch.main(Launch.java:28)
at org.multimc.onesix.OneSixLauncher.launchWithMainClass(OneSixLauncher.java:310)
at org.multimc.onesix.OneSixLauncher.launch(OneSixLauncher.java:395)
at org.multimc.EntryPoint.listen(EntryPoint.java:170)
at org.multimc.EntryPoint.main(EntryPoint.java:54)

-- System Details --
Details:
Minecraft Version: 1.7.10
Operating System: Mac OS X (x86_64) version 10.11.4
Java Version: 1.8.0_91, Oracle Corporation
Java VM Version: Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM (mixed mode), Oracle Corporation
Memory: 564618400 bytes (538 MB) / 1392508928 bytes (1328 MB) up to 1908932608 bytes (1820 MB)
JVM Flags: 2 total; -Xms512m -Xmx2048m
AABB Pool Size: 0 (0 bytes; 0 MB) allocated, 0 (0 bytes; 0 MB) used
IntCache: cache: 7, tcache: 32, allocated: 13, tallocated: 120
FML: MCP v9.05 FML v7.10.99.99 Minecraft Forge 10.13.4.1558 8 mods loaded, 8 mods active
States: 'U' = Unloaded 'L' = Loaded 'C' = Constructed 'H' = Pre-initialized 'I' = Initialized 'J' = Post-initialized 'A' = Available 'D' = Disabled 'E' = Errored
UCHIJAAAA mcp{9.05} [Minecraft Coder Pack] (minecraft.jar)
UCHIJAAAA FML{7.10.99.99} [Forge Mod Loader] (forge-1.7.10-10.13.4.1558-1.7.10-universal.jar)
UCHIJAAAA Forge{10.13.4.1558} [Minecraft Forge] (forge-1.7.10-10.13.4.1558-1.7.10-universal.jar)
UCHIJAAAA CodeChickenCore{1.0.7.47} [CodeChicken Core] (minecraft.jar)
UCHIJAAAA NotEnoughItems{1.0.5.120} [Not Enough Items] (NotEnoughItems-1.7.10-1.0.5.120-universal.jar)
UCHIJAAAA <DragonAPI ASM>{0} [DragonAPI ASM Data Initialization] (minecraft.jar)
UCHIJAAAA DragonAPI{1.0} [DragonAPI] (DragonAPI 1.7.10 V13b.jar)
UCHIJAAAA ChromatiCraft{1.0} [ChromatiCraft] (ChromatiCraft 1.7.10 V13b.jar)
GL info: ' Vendor: 'NVIDIA Corporation' Version: '2.1 NVIDIA-10.10.5.2 310.42.25f01' Renderer: 'NVIDIA GeForce GT 750M OpenGL Engine'
Launched Version: MultiMC5
LWJGL: 2.9.1
OpenGL: NVIDIA GeForce GT 750M OpenGL Engine GL version 2.1 NVIDIA-10.10.5.2 310.42.25f01, NVIDIA Corporation
GL Caps: Using GL 1.3 multitexturing.
Using framebuffer objects because ARB_framebuffer_object is supported and separate blending is supported.
Anisotropic filtering is supported and maximum anisotropy is 16.
Shaders are available because OpenGL 2.1 is supported.

Is Modded: Definitely; Client brand changed to 'fml,forge'
Type: Client (map_client.txt)
Resource Packs: []
Current Language: English (US)
Profiler Position: N/A (disabled)
Vec3 Pool Size: 0 (0 bytes; 0 MB) allocated, 0 (0 bytes; 0 MB) used
Anisotropic Filtering: Off (1)
[14:06:20] [Client thread/INFO]: [net.minecraft.client.Minecraft:func_71377_b:359]: #@!@# Game crashed! Crash report saved to: #@!@# /Applications/MultiMC.app/Contents/MacOS/instances/Chromatic/minecraft/crash-reports/crash-2016-05-28_14.06.20-client.txt
AL lib: (EE) alc_cleanup: 1 device not closed
Process exited with code 255.
Loading the game back up, I find myself at spawn in the Overworld, with no apparent issues.

I did a bunch of exploring and finally found a desert and a sandy burrow. So that's progress.

That said, I seem to be stuck progression-wise. The nest two available ones are for lumen harnessing and the 5x5 casting structure, neither of which I have the research for. Granted, I haven't done Painful Loss or the other two worldgen structures (because I STILL haven't found either of them), which could be the issue.
(or maybe I need to plonk that enchantment decomposer down near a pylon... that'd be a pretty sneaky way to allow that progression to be achieved. I'll try it. Be even nicer if it keeps the energy in it when pickaxed, so I can shuttle it between a kuro and a zambarau pylon to actually make it work...)

L

Looma

is there a specific item i have to craft in order to unlock the aura ivy? without it, i cannot craft crystal cores and repeaters. I only have Broadcasting left and i am running out of ideas what to craft. already done iridescent shards and storage crystal. a small hint would be fine.

Reika

RotaryCraft Dev
FTB Mod Dev
Sep 3, 2013
Toronto, Canada
sites.google.com
is there a specific item i have to craft in order to unlock the aura ivy? without it, i cannot craft crystal cores and repeaters. I only have Broadcasting left and i am running out of ideas what to craft. already done iridescent shards and storage crystal. a small hint would be fine.
Try finding it.

L

Looma

i did find it. i know where some of it is (hardcore darkness makes it easy). Sadly it is still invisible and the help-text is still unreadable. unless that is another plant that is still hidden from my view that likes to live one trees (already have the pods)

Reika

RotaryCraft Dev
FTB Mod Dev
Sep 3, 2013
Toronto, Canada
sites.google.com
i did find it. i know where some of it is (hardcore darkness makes it easy). Sadly it is still invisible and the help-text is still unreadable. unless that is another plant that is still hidden from my view that likes to live one trees (already have the pods)
You have no idea what aura ivy is.

Ieldra

Popular Member
Apr 25, 2014
What exactly is the component your're missing? Look it up in NEI, it shows you the plant you're looking for, if it comes from a plant, that it. Also, I don't think it's actually possible to be unable to see this plant if the only open progression item is "Broadcasting". I don't recall all of the four binding components you need for the crystal groups, but there's aura dust (dark cyan, circular), whose source you should really be able to see at this point, nature fibre (green, vine-like), likewise, chroma dust (gray heap of dust) which you'll get from certain rocks, and I don't recall the fourth one.

Just in case: you can't ignore the progression entries not connected by lines to other entries. They may not unlock other progression entries, but they regularly unlock recipes, and may also unlock things to see in the world. I have usually completed everything but "Ocean Temples" and "Buried Hollows" at this point, and you won't need those until a little later.

Last edited:
L

Looma

Broadcasting is the only progression that i can do in the book. discovered every structure. even died with lots of lumen. So far, i only found this invisible plant that likes to live on trees, so i assumed that it is the ivy. I guess i have to look at other places.

edit: I am missing the nature essence. NEI points me to aura ivy.
2016-05-30_17.02.55.png