Mod Feedback ChromatiCraft questions and suggestions

• FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

RavynousHunter

Jul 29, 2019
Sounds pretty much life what I've done, but no explosions or any other reaction. Beginning to wonder if it's a mod interaction issue, or maybe because I'm in an RFTools dimension. Guess I'll just continue looking for things to try.

-- Edit --

Seems a single piece of grass was defeating me. Ignore my previous whining
XD So, I'm not the only one that got guff from grass with those things. Oh, and a single block of leaves.

Also, for now, I have knuckled under and used regular repeaters for power. The loss on the broadcaster is far, far too high to be useful in all but the most minor of capacities. I'll probably re-visit them once I can turbo-charge them and maybe I figure out if this "anti-attenuation gem" does what I think it does. Good news is, I've manged to progress quite far after doing that, and am just about to hit the dimension. Hopefully, it doesn't crash on entering like it did in earlier versions of Infinity.

lucariomaster2

Jul 29, 2019
Found a bit of an exploit (though I'm hesitant to call it that since it's very lategame Thaumcraft and costs a lot of vis), in that it's still possible to pick up and move Power Crystals using the Dislocation focus from Thaumic Tinkerer.

Rubyheart

Jul 29, 2019
I'm not sure if there was a complete answer to this before, but Chromaticraft and Draconic Evolution seem to clash with the End worldgen. DE makes islands with stronger dragons, CC makes an endless End so those islands can't spawn, etc. Is it possible to have both play nicely? I currently play single player, but might move my world to a server eventually, will that change things?

I haven't checked the configs since like v11, but I know that my End is not resetting when I leave, and I've traveled a few thousand blocks inside and it's all one landmass.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Reika

RotaryCraft Dev
FTB Mod Dev
Sep 3, 2013
Toronto, Canada
sites.google.com
I'm not sure if there was a complete answer to this before, but Chromaticraft and Draconic Evolution seem to clash with the End worldgen. DE makes islands with stronger dragons, CC makes an endless End so those islands can't spawn, etc. Is it possible to have both play nicely? I currently play single player, but might move my world to a server eventually, will that change things?

I haven't checked the configs since like v11, but I know that my End is not resetting when I leave, and I've traveled a few thousand blocks inside and it's all one landmass.

All CC does is edit the noisemap to not tail off after a few hundred blocks.

I figured that since one of the recent updates made the crystals explode if you try to break them, they're not intended to be moved.
Breaking the ring can break more, but they can be broken.

Rubyheart

Jul 29, 2019
So in theory the DE dragons should still spawn, just on the main landmass instead of their own islands? I know that's not really your field if you don't know.

RavynousHunter

Jul 29, 2019
So in theory the DE dragons should still spawn, just on the main landmass instead of their own islands? I know that's not really your field if you don't know.

The islands will still spawn as normal, assuming you're referring to the Chaos Guardians.

Also, got to the dimension! Holy hell, the dimension. That is all.

RavynousHunter

Jul 29, 2019
Got a...might be bug, I dunno, but the music in the dimension does not respect the music volume slider. Typically, I turn the Minecraft music off to listen to my own stuff, but the dimension's music just keeps on truckin'. Also, is it normal for the dimension to lag every time a song switches over, or is that a vanilla thing because vanilla is dumb?

Reika

RotaryCraft Dev
FTB Mod Dev
Sep 3, 2013
Toronto, Canada
sites.google.com
Got a...might be bug, I dunno, but the music in the dimension does not respect the music volume slider. Typically, I turn the Minecraft music off to listen to my own stuff, but the dimension's music just keeps on truckin'. Also, is it normal for the dimension to lag every time a song switches over, or is that a vanilla thing because vanilla is dumb?
The freeze is a known issue, as for the music slider, it does not use the vanilla slider.

RavynousHunter

Jul 29, 2019
Aah, aight, I figured as much. But, better to have a dozen people report the same thing than have nobody do it because they assume someone else will.

L

Looma

For 2 Days i am stuck with Lumen Harnessing. i removed and replanted every lumen repeater between my altar and the 3 pylons needed for the surge protection. Also checked that the distance is ok. tried to connect the lines, but the repeaters always make the "faulty" sound. Even the altar gives me that sound. I leveled the ground and air between each repeater in case of some grass or snow blocking them. I don't know what to try next. Is it also normal, that i can choose between all the rituals on the altar? could it be an issue if 2 of the repeater lines are close enough that there is a connection between them?

is there any mechanic or progress i have overlooked? a hint would be fine. Fragments give me nothing. I even started to create every chromaticraft item i can craft. My casting table is now level 4 (the structure is still level 3)

Reika

RotaryCraft Dev
FTB Mod Dev
Sep 3, 2013
Toronto, Canada
sites.google.com
For 2 Days i am stuck with Lumen Harnessing. i removed and replanted every lumen repeater between my altar and the 3 pylons needed for the surge protection. Also checked that the distance is ok. tried to connect the lines, but the repeaters always make the "faulty" sound. Even the altar gives me that sound. I leveled the ground and air between each repeater in case of some grass or snow blocking them. I don't know what to try next. Is it also normal, that i can choose between all the rituals on the altar? could it be an issue if 2 of the repeater lines are close enough that there is a connection between them?

is there any mechanic or progress i have overlooked? a hint would be fine. Fragments give me nothing. I even started to create every chromaticraft item i can craft. My casting table is now level 4 (the structure is still level 3)
Use the dotted lines.

L

Looma

Did that. i ran each line and tried to connect the repeaters. i tried do connect them to each other in one line and also to the pylon. i even tried to overlap the line with the repeaters in case i have to connect the lines. nothing happens. i only get the sound that tells me that i am doing it wrong. should i get some sort of confirmation sound from the repeaters?

Reika

RotaryCraft Dev
FTB Mod Dev
Sep 3, 2013
Toronto, Canada
sites.google.com
Did that. i ran each line and tried to connect the repeaters. i tried do connect them to each other in one line and also to the pylon. i even tried to overlap the line with the repeaters in case i have to connect the lines. nothing happens. i only get the sound that tells me that i am doing it wrong. should i get some sort of confirmation sound from the repeaters?
If the lines are connected, there is line of sight and distance limits are being obeyed.

RavynousHunter

Jul 29, 2019
Reika, only someone with a sick, twisted mind would come up with something as horrifying as...

a god damned 3D maze.