FTB Mod Dev
Sep 3, 2013
Toronto, Canada
sites.google.com
G890YZl.png

Someone Else 37

Forum Addict
Feb 10, 2013

Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaat...? Does ChC have a new dimension now, with shiny trees, glowy floating stuff, and polychromatic clouds and stars?

Interesting things to note besides the obvious: There's no tallgrass to be seen, there appears to be an Earth near the top left, and there's a seam in the cloud texture at the top of the image, just right of center.

Someone Else 37

Forum Addict
Feb 10, 2013
...How does one embed a webm file?
Ooh, shiny... WHOA it's animated! Makes me think hypercube, which is also known as a tesseract- new world rift model? Or leyline teleportation?

To answer your question, if this doesn't work, I have no idea:
ChjgExX.webm

Cypren

Jul 29, 2019
I seem to be having an issue with excessive amounts of CC tile entities accounting for about 25% of the total tick time on my server, as seen here:
1i1uj+

I'm the only player on the server who's been experimenting with CC, and while I do have an incipient pylon network, it's not that extensive -- about 40 repeaters total so far, one casting complex, a chroma collector and ritual altar, and no accelerators or any other operating CC machinery.

Anyone have any guesses as to where all of these mysterious nameless TEs might be coming from that are causing so much tick lag?

Edit: For clarification, this is ChromatiCraft V6f.

Reika

RotaryCraft Dev
FTB Mod Dev
Sep 3, 2013
Toronto, Canada
sites.google.com
I seem to be having an issue with excessive amounts of CC tile entities accounting for about 25% of the total tick time on my server, as seen here:
1i1uj+

I'm the only player on the server who's been experimenting with CC, and while I do have an incipient pylon network, it's not that extensive -- about 40 repeaters total so far, one casting complex, a chroma collector and ritual altar, and no accelerators or any other operating CC machinery.

Anyone have any guesses as to where all of these mysterious nameless TEs might be coming from that are causing so much tick lag?

Edit: For clarification, this is ChromatiCraft V6f.
I need to know what kind of block they are, but whatever they are, you have 288 of them totalling 8.6ms of time, or about 29 microseconds each. This is not very laggy at all.
And I do not know why several CC blocks show as empty in Opis.

Is this going to be for a pre-existing block, or a new one?
That is the render for the Biome Painter.

Cypren

Jul 29, 2019
I need to know what kind of block they are, but whatever they are, you have 288 of them totalling 8.6ms of time, or about 29 microseconds each. This is not very laggy at all.
And I do not know why several CC blocks show as empty in Opis.

Yeah, figuring out what kind of block they are is my problem as well. I realize that 30 microseconds isn't a lot on an individual basis, but it's still considerably more than any other block type that exists in quantity. (To put this in perspective, the next-laggiest block type for which more than 4 exist in the world is RotaryCraft BlockDMMachine:3, with 64 at 10 µs each.) To be fair, of course, the fact that Opis can't read the CC block names may mean that there's one block taking 7.9 ms and 287 taking 2 µs each, and they're just being lumped together. However, this seems unlikely, since no individual CC blocks appear in Opis' list of the slowest individual TEs in the world.

I know your mods have a debug mode enabled in DragonAPI; does CC have any internal debugging tools that might help me figure out which block type is misbehaving?

Thanks as always for the rapid response. I wish I could get most of my professional vendors to provide support with half your speed. :)

Reika

RotaryCraft Dev
FTB Mod Dev
Sep 3, 2013
Toronto, Canada
sites.google.com
Yeah, figuring out what kind of block they are is my problem as well. I realize that 30 microseconds isn't a lot on an individual basis, but it's still considerably more than any other block type that exists in quantity. (To put this in perspective, the next-laggiest block type for which more than 4 exist in the world is RotaryCraft BlockDMMachine:3, with 64 at 10 µs each.) To be fair, of course, the fact that Opis can't read the CC block names may mean that there's one block taking 7.9 ms and 287 taking 2 µs each, and they're just being lumped together. However, this seems unlikely, since no individual CC blocks appear in Opis' list of the slowest individual TEs in the world.

I know your mods have a debug mode enabled in DragonAPI; does CC have any internal debugging tools that might help me figure out which block type is misbehaving?

Thanks as always for the rapid response. I wish I could get most of my professional vendors to provide support with half your speed. :)
Ask him what CC blocks he might have placed several hundred of.

Cypren

Jul 29, 2019
Ask him what CC blocks he might have placed several hundred of.

I'm the only player who's been playing with CC; there's no one else to ask. And the only CC block I've placed several hundred of is crystalline stone. Second and third would be crystal repeater head blocks and the various types of runes, but I already checked that -- placing more of any of these block types isn't increasing that count of 288 at all.

So it sounds like there aren't any debugging tools you know of that will help with this situation. I'll dig further into it and see what I can learn.

Someone Else 37

Forum Addict
Feb 10, 2013
Might it be one of the naturally-generated ChC blocks then? Could the ores, crystals, or pylons possibly be causing that lag?

Reika

RotaryCraft Dev
FTB Mod Dev
Sep 3, 2013
Toronto, Canada
sites.google.com
I'm the only player who's been playing with CC; there's no one else to ask. And the only CC block I've placed several hundred of is crystalline stone. Second and third would be crystal repeater head blocks and the various types of runes, but I already checked that -- placing more of any of these block types isn't increasing that count of 288 at all.

So it sounds like there aren't any debugging tools you know of that will help with this situation. I'll dig further into it and see what I can learn.
Repeaters do tick, but they do nothing with that tick, so they are not the source of the lag. Runes and crystalline stone are not TileEntities.

Might it be one of the naturally-generated ChC blocks then? Could the ores, crystals, or pylons possibly be causing that lag?
Of all of those, only pylons are TileEntities, and "crystal.pylon" shows up lower in the list.

Cypren

Jul 29, 2019
Just as an update, whatever this problem was, it seems to have (mostly) cleared up on its own. The 288 TEs (now up to 297?) are still around, but their average processing time dropped from 30 µs each to about 10 µs each. I still have no idea what they are or what caused the change.