Mod Feedback ChromatiCraft questions and suggestions

SourC00lguy

Jul 29, 2019
Can the storage crystals and the crystal chargers be used for pylon crafting? If not, to what purpose. Also, would it be possible to use the charger to charge the manipulator?

Lethosos

Jul 29, 2019
I was thinking about that. Would be nice, late in the progression path, to be able to build a new pylon by building an empty framework, and funneling massive amounts of a single color into it to attune/activate it?

Sent from my SGH-T769 using Tapatalk 2

Reika

RotaryCraft Dev
FTB Mod Dev
Sep 3, 2013
Toronto, Canada
sites.google.com
Can the storage crystals and the crystal chargers be used for pylon crafting? If not, to what purpose.
No, they are for "mobile-type" machines like the teleportation pump and mineral extractor.

Also, would it be possible to use the charger to charge the manipulator?
The manipulator does not store charge.

I was thinking about that. Would be nice, late in the progression path, to be able to build a new pylon by building an empty framework, and funneling massive amounts of a single color into it to attune/activate it?
The problem is by the time you could build it, it is useless to you. I am not going to allow early production, as that gets rid of the need for repeaters.

SourC00lguy

Jul 29, 2019
So when you are using the person enchanter, the name evades me, is the energy requirements to perform the effect from pylons or stored in the manipulator. And the manipulator doesn't store charge, it stores lumens?

SourC00lguy

Jul 29, 2019
I hope this is not a repeated question, but it should be an easy one. Is there a way, or do you have any interest in creating a way to convert liquid xp to liquid chroma?

Reika

RotaryCraft Dev
FTB Mod Dev
Sep 3, 2013
Toronto, Canada
sites.google.com
I hope this is not a repeated question, but it should be an easy one. Is there a way, or do you have any interest in creating a way to convert liquid xp to liquid chroma?
The collector already does that.
BOtCRdP.png

EyeDeck

Apr 16, 2013
I've noticed some oddities with Chromaticraft plant harvesting. I collected a pile of the shiny Chromaticraft flowers, lilies and bushes with some bedrock shears, unsure exactly what to do with them but confident I'd soon find a use, and dumped them in my ME network for a while.

After playing with Chromaticraft for a bit, I came to a point where I needed some aura dust, so -- actually, I'd like to point out that the lexicon's entry for ball lightning uses the aura dust icon, so I took this to mean that ball lightning probably dropped aura dust (makes sense, right?), went and cut down a rainbow tree and beat up some of the resulting ball lightning with a sword, which got me no closer to my goal. I then cheated by looking at the Chromaticraft source.

Anyway, I put a few shiny flowers down and broke them with my fists. One dust each. Seems reasonable enough. Next, I wanted to see what would happen were I to break them with a bedrock scythe with its stock Fortune V enchantment instead, which, it turns out, causes them to drop nothing whatsoever. Less reasonable. Slightly confused, I went back to breaking them with my fists, which is a simplified way of saying "any arbitrary item on my hotbar that isn't a scythe", which happened to be a bedrock sword with Looting V... 31 aura dust. Now we're in the realm of unreasonable. Is this intentional?

I've gotten long-winded so tl;dr, Fortune actually has a negative effect on harvesting tiered Chromaticraft plants, and Looting has an extremely positive effect.

Reika

RotaryCraft Dev
FTB Mod Dev
Sep 3, 2013
Toronto, Canada
sites.google.com
I've noticed some oddities with Chromaticraft plant harvesting. I collected a pile of the shiny Chromaticraft flowers, lilies and bushes with some bedrock shears, unsure exactly what to do with them but confident I'd soon find a use, and dumped them in my ME network for a while.

After playing with Chromaticraft for a bit, I came to a point where I needed some aura dust, so -- actually, I'd like to point out that the lexicon's entry for ball lightning uses the aura dust icon, so I took this to mean that ball lightning probably dropped aura dust (makes sense, right?), went and cut down a rainbow tree and beat up some of the resulting ball lightning with a sword, which got me no closer to my goal. I then cheated by looking at the Chromaticraft source.

Anyway, I put a few shiny flowers down and broke them with my fists. One dust each. Seems reasonable enough. Next, I wanted to see what would happen were I to break them with a bedrock scythe with its stock Fortune V enchantment instead, which, it turns out, causes them to drop nothing whatsoever. Less reasonable. Slightly confused, I went back to breaking them with my fists, which is a simplified way of saying "any arbitrary item on my hotbar that isn't a scythe", which happened to be a bedrock sword with Looting V... 31 aura dust. Now we're in the realm of unreasonable. Is this intentional?

I've gotten long-winded so tl;dr, Fortune actually has a negative effect on harvesting tiered Chromaticraft plants, and Looting has an extremely positive effect.
Looting, Fortune, and Silk Touch all have strong positive effects, and the shears should not work on the CC plants.

keybounce

Jul 29, 2019
So now that ChrC is no longer "super fluid, in development", and has actually playable / survival mode content, the question: What does it give when added to a world? This question is being asked from the view of a server.

I understand that it only generates pylons in the overworld. I'm not normally a fan of things that add "force play content" to a world being used in a server -- if people don't want to play in that mod, they should not be forced to. For this server, that's not a problem -- "base" is actually going to be the twilight forest, and access to the overworld is going to be "earned". So ChrC would not be an early game activity, nor would you be forced to deal with the pylons and crystals if you did not want to.

So, with that said, what exactly does ChrC provide? I know it has a world rift feature that works nicely with rotarycraft/electrical craft, but beyond that? I've seen people discuss issues and items, dealing with the research, etc, but I really don't know what it does and does not provide.

As an example, if I were to describe thaumcraft (NB: I don't play it, but I'm at least familiar with it), I'd describe it as:
1. Based on hand-held, portable, rechargable batteries,
2. Tiered based on your ability to build a better battery
3. Research system to unlock tiers
4. Some worldgen hazards, with a config file to indicate how badly that worldgen can overwhelm your world (ranging from no spread, to unrestricted spread)
5. Provides a number of techmod-like tools
6. "Golems", to automate a large number of tasks, from farming to ... actually, what can golems do in TC4?
7. "Equal trade", as a major, early tool for decorating / changing the blocks in the world.
8. Eventually, things such as high-powered weapons, flight, etc., just like typical tech mods.

So, what does ChrC provide?

Reika

RotaryCraft Dev
FTB Mod Dev
Sep 3, 2013
Toronto, Canada
sites.google.com
So now that ChrC is no longer "super fluid, in development", and has actually playable / survival mode content, the question: What does it give when added to a world? This question is being asked from the view of a server.

I understand that it only generates pylons in the overworld. I'm not normally a fan of things that add "force play content" to a world being used in a server -- if people don't want to play in that mod, they should not be forced to. For this server, that's not a problem -- "base" is actually going to be the twilight forest, and access to the overworld is going to be "earned". So ChrC would not be an early game activity, nor would you be forced to deal with the pylons and crystals if you did not want to.

So, with that said, what exactly does ChrC provide? I know it has a world rift feature that works nicely with rotarycraft/electrical craft, but beyond that? I've seen people discuss issues and items, dealing with the research, etc, but I really don't know what it does and does not provide.

As an example, if I were to describe thaumcraft (NB: I don't play it, but I'm at least familiar with it), I'd describe it as:
1. Based on hand-held, portable, rechargable batteries,
2. Tiered based on your ability to build a better battery
3. Research system to unlock tiers
4. Some worldgen hazards, with a config file to indicate how badly that worldgen can overwhelm your world (ranging from no spread, to unrestricted spread)
5. Provides a number of techmod-like tools
6. "Golems", to automate a large number of tasks, from farming to ... actually, what can golems do in TC4?
7. "Equal trade", as a major, early tool for decorating / changing the blocks in the world.
8. Eventually, things such as high-powered weapons, flight, etc., just like typical tech mods.

So, what does ChrC provide?
Read the lexicon and try out some items and constructs.