Mod Feedback ChromatiCraft questions and suggestions

SourC00lguy

Jul 29, 2019
So now that ChrC is no longer "super fluid, in development", and has actually playable / survival mode content, the question: What does it give when added to a world? This question is being asked from the view of a server

I understand that it only generates pylons in the overworld. I'm not normally a fan of things that add "force play content" to a world being used in a server -- if people don't want to play in that mod, they should not be forced to. For this server, that's not a problem -- "base" is actually going to be the twilight forest, and access to the overworld is going to be "earned". So ChrC would not be an early game activity, nor would you be forced to deal with the pylons and crystals if you did not want to.

So, with that said, what exactly does ChrC provide? I know it has a world rift feature that works nicely with rotarycraft/electrical craft, but beyond that? I've seen people discuss issues and items, dealing with the research, etc, but I really don't know what it does and does not provide.

As an example, if I were to describe thaumcraft (NB: I don't play it, but I'm at least familiar with it), I'd describe it as:
1. Based on hand-held, portable, rechargable batteries,
2. Tiered based on your ability to build a better battery
3. Research system to unlock tiers
4. Some worldgen hazards, with a config file to indicate how badly that worldgen can overwhelm your world (ranging from no spread, to unrestricted spread)
5. Provides a number of techmod-like tools
6. "Golems", to automate a large number of tasks, from farming to ... actually, what can golems do in TC4?
7. "Equal trade", as a major, early tool for decorating / changing the blocks in the world.
8. Eventually, things such as high-powered weapons, flight, etc., just like typical tech mods.

So, what does ChrC provide?

I'll put my immediate ideas in a spoiler, incase those who would like to play as Reika suggests and look through the lexicon

The teleportation pump is very nice so that you can lay it down and gather massive amounts of liquid without needing to move the pump.

The crystal tanks are great way to hold said liqiid

And the guardianstone for aggressive mobs os also hreat.

Someone Else 37

Forum Addict
Feb 10, 2013
It zaps mobs in quite a large radius and heals you... Neato!

I'm guessing it runs on one or more colors of lumens from pylons to do its things... Zapping the life force out of mobs and using that to heal you sounds too much like Blood Magic.

Doesn't answer the question about the colored things at ground level, though. Hmm.

Vaeliorin

Jul 29, 2019
Okay, maybe I'm dumb, but I've got 2 related questions I can't seem to find answers to.

First of all, I thought the fluid in Ender Forests was supposed to be Resonant Ender if available. I have Thermal Foundation installed as a dependemcy for another mod (meaning Resonant Ender exists) but not Thermal Expansion. Does it require Thermal Expansion to change?

Second, I seem to be unable to pick up Liquid Ender Essence in buckets. When I try, I just get a missing source block and an empty bucket. I know the buckets exist, as I spawned a couple in to replace the missing source blocks. Do I need to do something special to pick it up? I wanted to try using the Rotarycraft Crystallizer (iirc) to turn it into Ender Pearls, as after a night in the forest I only encountered 2 Enderman (admittedly I was hiding under a 2 block tall roof, and so I wasn't exactly mobile.)

Reika

RotaryCraft Dev
FTB Mod Dev
Sep 3, 2013
Toronto, Canada
sites.google.com
First of all, I thought the fluid in Ender Forests was supposed to be Resonant Ender if available. I have Thermal Foundation installed as a dependemcy for another mod (meaning Resonant Ender exists) but not Thermal Expansion. Does it require Thermal Expansion to change?
....Maybe....No.
Code:
  public Block getEnderBlockToGenerate() {
     if (ModList.THERMALFOUNDATION.isLoaded() && ThermalHandler.getInstance().enderID != null) {
       return ThermalHandler.getInstance().enderID;
     }
     return ChromaBlocks.ENDER.getBlockInstance();
   }

Second, I seem to be unable to pick up Liquid Ender Essence in buckets. When I try, I just get a missing source block and an empty bucket. I know the buckets exist, as I spawned a couple in to replace the missing source blocks. Do I need to do something special to pick it up? I wanted to try using the Rotarycraft Crystallizer (iirc) to turn it into Ender Pearls, as after a night in the forest I only encountered 2 Enderman (admittedly I was hiding under a 2 block tall roof, and so I wasn't exactly mobile.)
It works for me...

Vaeliorin

Jul 29, 2019
Huh...I probably messed something up somewhere when putting my pack together, then. I guess that's the point of testing. Now to go figure out what it was. Thanks for letting me know.

Edit: So I did some testing. I deleted all my configs and ripped out everything except Chromaticraft 6f, DragonAPI 6f, Electricraft 6a, Reactorcraft 6e, Rotarycraft 6f, CoFHCore-[1.7.10]3.0.2-262 and Thermal Foundation-[1.7.10]1.0.0-81 and I still got Liquid Ender Essence that I can't bucket. I'm using the latest Forge for 1.7.10 (13.3.1408).

I guess it's not a huge issue, as I don't really need it for anything as far as I know, but I just wish I could figure out why it's acting like this.

Last edited:

SourC00lguy

Jul 29, 2019
Quick and easy question. Does the Automator work? If so, any quick suggestion on how to operate. I tried clicking many if not all the buttons, clicking it with a hand and with a chromaticraft lexicon, and with info shards, and with the thing I want to craft.

Reika

RotaryCraft Dev
FTB Mod Dev
Sep 3, 2013
Toronto, Canada
sites.google.com
Quick and easy question. Does the Automator work? If so, any quick suggestion on how to operate. I tried clicking many if not all the buttons, clicking it with a hand and with a chromaticraft lexicon, and with info shards, and with the thing I want to craft.
Yes, but it needs to be hooked up to an item source, and placed correctly.

Vaeliorin

Jul 29, 2019
Just one more thought on my issue with the ender fluid. I turned on show liquids in Waila and it's showing as <Unnamed>. There's also no Resonant Ender tank from Open Blocks listed (there is a Liquid Ender Essence tank and the other Thermal Foundation fluids), which I find strange. I'm wondering if there's something screwy going on with the fluid registry (which I don't know much about other than that it exists.)

I mostly just want to know what the heck is going on with it, whether I screwed something up (this is my first time putting a pack together from scratch) or if there's an incompatibility somewhere that I'm just unaware of.

Reika

RotaryCraft Dev
FTB Mod Dev
Sep 3, 2013
Toronto, Canada
sites.google.com
Just one more thought on my issue with the ender fluid. I turned on show liquids in Waila and it's showing as <Unnamed>. There's also no Resonant Ender tank from Open Blocks listed (there is a Liquid Ender Essence tank and the other Thermal Foundation fluids), which I find strange. I'm wondering if there's something screwy going on with the fluid registry (which I don't know much about other than that it exists.)

I mostly just want to know what the heck is going on with it, whether I screwed something up (this is my first time putting a pack together from scratch) or if there's an incompatibility somewhere that I'm just unaware of.
For some reason, ThE/ThF loaded after ChromatiCraft, making the Fluid Registry default to CC's ender. This is not normal.