Mod Feedback ChromatiCraft questions and suggestions

• FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

Wraithflay

Jul 29, 2019
This has to be a mod interaction. I do not see it.
Well, thanks for taking a look! I'll just endeavor to minimize the time the pylons are actively providing power to something, since the only time those crashes have occured is while the pylons are powering something. Now that the Crystal Laser has been finished (fourth time's the charm?), it's time for me to investigate how to make Power Crystals... since I'm not positive how to make those yet, I think I'll start with a Potion Crystal, which unfortunately means traveling several thousand blocks to link up the nearest Zambarau pylon. One of a few colours that don't even show up on the compass, apparently I situated my base poorly in regards to colour variety. On the upside, I have approximately 4 dark green pylons within reasonable range, so I guess if I ever need much of that, well... I have plenty to draw from!

Wraithflay

Jul 29, 2019
I've a request for you tonight, Reika, if you're willing and it won't cost you much by way of time. That crash I reported earlier remains consistent and frequent, and as such I was wondering if there was a possibility of you making a Creative Mode-only casting table that is automatically tier 4, and has an internal fixed storage of all lumen at a capacity capable of crafting any chromaticraft recipe, as a means by which I can bypass the necessity of using the pylons for energy draw and therefore that crash. It's kludgy and not particularly ideal, but it should still require any items necessary to craft a recipe and only really bypasses the need to draw from nearby pylons.

On an unrelated note, I got the potion crystal crafted (another crash) which unlocked the Endgame achievement, thereby providing the knowledge necessary to learn how to make Power Crystals and continue progression. Aside from the occasional technical bugs, it's been an interesting ride so far and I just wanted to say thanks for your time in coding this beast! I am by no means any kind of expert in the mod yet, considering I don't know the function of probably 80% of the items within the mod, but I don't think I've ever stuck with a world as long as this one and I attribute that to my interest in pursuing ChromatiCraft!

Reika

RotaryCraft Dev
FTB Mod Dev
Sep 3, 2013
Toronto, Canada
sites.google.com
I've a request for you tonight, Reika, if you're willing and it won't cost you much by way of time. That crash I reported earlier remains consistent and frequent, and as such I was wondering if there was a possibility of you making a Creative Mode-only casting table that is automatically tier 4, and has an internal fixed storage of all lumen at a capacity capable of crafting any chromaticraft recipe, as a means by which I can bypass the necessity of using the pylons for energy draw and therefore that crash. It's kludgy and not particularly ideal, but it should still require any items necessary to craft a recipe and only really bypasses the need to draw from nearby pylons.
Because of the way the system is designed, that is actually not really possible without significant rewrites.

On an unrelated note, I got the potion crystal crafted (another crash) which unlocked the Endgame achievement, thereby providing the knowledge necessary to learn how to make Power Crystals and continue progression. Aside from the occasional technical bugs, it's been an interesting ride so far and I just wanted to say thanks for your time in coding this beast! I am by no means any kind of expert in the mod yet, considering I don't know the function of probably 80% of the items within the mod, but I don't think I've ever stuck with a world as long as this one and I attribute that to my interest in pursuing ChromatiCraft!
:D

Wraithflay

Jul 29, 2019
Well this is interesting and perhaps useful. I checked over the crash log I generated earlier while crafting that potion crystal, and actually came up with some mildly different information. Here, I'll go ahead and post the relevant log for you in hopes it might help.

---- Minecraft Crash Report ----

// But it works on my machine.

Time: 4/27/15 7:46 PM

Description: Exception ticking world entities

java.util.ConcurrentModificationException

at java.util.ArrayList$Itr.checkForComodification(Unknown Source)

at java.util.ArrayList$Itr.next(Unknown Source)

at fastcraft.a.n.a(F:51)

at fastcraft.Hooks.o(F:122)

at net.minecraft.world.World.func_72939_s(World.java:1989)

at net.minecraft.world.WorldServer.func_72939_s(WorldServer.java:489)

at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.func_71190_q(MinecraftServer.java:636)

at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.func_71217_p(MinecraftServer.java:547)

at net.minecraft.server.integrated.IntegratedServer.func_71217_p(IntegratedServer.java:111)

at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:427)

at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer$2.run(MinecraftServer.java:685)

A detailed walkthrough of the error, its code path and all known details is as follows:

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

-- Head --

Stacktrace:

at java.util.ArrayList$Itr.checkForComodification(Unknown Source)

at java.util.ArrayList$Itr.next(Unknown Source)

at fastcraft.a.n.a(F:51)

at fastcraft.Hooks.o(F:122)

at net.minecraft.world.World.func_72939_s(World.java:1989)

at net.minecraft.world.WorldServer.func_72939_s(WorldServer.java:489)

-- Affected level --

Details:

Level name: Terranigma

All players: 1 total; [EntityPlayerMP['Wraithflay'/258, l='Terranigma', x=342.25, y=69.00, z=191.95]]

Chunk stats: ServerChunkCache: 1093 Drop: 0

Level seed: -7775332650941416621

Level generator: ID 00 - default, ver 1. Features enabled: true

Level generator options:

Level spawn location: World: (252,64,244), Chunk: (at 12,4,4 in 15,15; contains blocks 240,0,240 to 255,255,255), Region: (0,0; contains chunks 0,0 to 31,31, blocks 0,0,0 to 511,255,511)

Level time: 7874575 game time, 9509144 day time

Level dimension: 0

Level storage version: 0x04ABD - Anvil

Level weather: Rain time: 92558 (now: false), thunder time: 45602 (now: false)

Level game mode: Game mode: survival (ID 0). Hardcore: false. Cheats: false

Stacktrace:

at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.func_71190_q(MinecraftServer.java:636)

at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.func_71217_p(MinecraftServer.java:547)

at net.minecraft.server.integrated.IntegratedServer.func_71217_p(IntegratedServer.java:111)

at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:427)

at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer$2.run(MinecraftServer.java:685)

Wraithflay

Jul 29, 2019
No, that crash is no different.
The FastCraft stuff didn't help at all? Well damn. Can't blame me for being hopeful, at least! Crashed about four times so far today, so I'm trying my best to figure out how to deal with it without entirely abandoning ChromatiCraft, heh. Eh well, I'll just keep at it for the time being. Thanks as always for the responses, Reika.

SourC00lguy

Jul 29, 2019
The FastCraft stuff didn't help at all? Well damn. Can't blame me for being hopeful, at least! Crashed about four times so far today, so I'm trying my best to figure out how to deal with it without entirely abandoning ChromatiCraft, heh. Eh well, I'll just keep at it for the time being. Thanks as always for the responses, Reika.
Only four, that's like an average day, and normally it's not event repeatable for me haha.

Hydra2011

Jul 29, 2019
Hey, I wanted to play with this mod but i came across this:
[28/4/2015 17:00:40 PM] [Client thread/ERROR] [ChromatiCraft]: The mod ChromatiCraft is expecting signature 32:F5:F4:E8:44:C0:EA:C8:6F:46:8A:8E:F3:05:05:7B:6F:90:0F:78 for source ChromatiCraft 1.7.10 V6f.jar, however there is no signature matching that description
Then:
[28/4/2015 17:01:43 PM] [Client thread/ERROR] [FML]: The following problems were captured during this phase
[28/4/2015 17:01:43 PM] [Client thread/ERROR] [FML]: Caught exception from ChromatiCraft
[28/4/2015 17:01:43 PM] Reika.DragonAPI.Exception.IDConflictException: The mods were not installed correctly:
And here's the crash report(sorry for lack of spoilers, I don't know how to use them):
---- Minecraft Crash Report ----
// Don't be sad. I'll do better next time, I promise!

Time: 4/28/15 5:01 PM
Description: Initializing game

Reika.DragonAPI.Exception.IDConflictException: The mods were not installed correctly:
CONFLICT: Potion IDs: am2.buffs.ArsMagicaPotion@37b50630 @ 36 (ArsMagicaPotion & PotionGrowthHormone)
Check your IDs and change them if possible.
This is NOT a mod bug. Do not post it or ask for support or you will look lazy or extremely foolish..
at Reika.DragonAPI.Auxiliary.Trackers.PotionCollisionTracker.onConflict(PotionCollisionTracker.java:77)
at Reika.DragonAPI.Auxiliary.Trackers.PotionCollisionTracker.addPotionID(PotionCollisionTracker.java:48)
at Reika.ChromatiCraft.ChromatiCraft.preload(ChromatiCraft.java:252)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Unknown Source)
at cpw.mods.fml.common.FMLModContainer.handleModStateEvent(FMLModContainer.java:513)
at sun.reflect.GeneratedMethodAccessor4.invoke(Unknown Source)
at com.google.common.eventbus.EventSubscriber.handleEvent(EventSubscriber.java:74)
at com.google.common.eventbus.SynchronizedEventSubscriber.handleEvent(SynchronizedEventSubscriber.java:47)
at com.google.common.eventbus.EventBus.dispatch(EventBus.java:322)
at com.google.common.eventbus.EventBus.dispatchQueuedEvents(EventBus.java:304)
at com.google.common.eventbus.EventBus.post(EventBus.java:275)
at cpw.mods.fml.common.LoadController.sendEventToModContainer(LoadController.java:208)
at cpw.mods.fml.common.LoadController.propogateStateMessage(LoadController.java:187)
at com.google.common.eventbus.EventSubscriber.handleEvent(EventSubscriber.java:74)
at com.google.common.eventbus.SynchronizedEventSubscriber.handleEvent(SynchronizedEventSubscriber.java:47)
at cpw.mods.fml.common.LoadController.distributeStateMessage(LoadController.java:118)
at cpw.mods.fml.common.Loader.preinitializeMods(Loader.java:513)
at cpw.mods.fml.client.FMLClientHandler.beginMinecraftLoading(FMLClientHandler.java:239)
at net.minecraft.client.Minecraft.func_71384_a(Minecraft.java:480)
at net.minecraft.client.Minecraft.func_99999_d(Minecraft.java:867)
at net.minecraft.client.main.Main.main(SourceFile:148)
at net.minecraft.launchwrapper.Launch.launch(Launch.java:135)
at net.minecraft.launchwrapper.Launch.main(Launch.java:28)

A detailed walkthrough of the error, its code path and all known details is as follows:
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

-- Head --
Stacktrace:
at Reika.DragonAPI.Auxiliary.Trackers.PotionCollisionTracker.onConflict(PotionCollisionTracker.java:77)
at Reika.DragonAPI.Auxiliary.Trackers.PotionCollisionTracker.addPotionID(PotionCollisionTracker.java:48)
at Reika.ChromatiCraft.ChromatiCraft.preload(ChromatiCraft.java:252)
at cpw.mods.fml.common.FMLModContainer.handleModStateEvent(FMLModContainer.java:513)
at sun.reflect.GeneratedMethodAccessor4.invoke(Unknown Source)
at cpw.mods.fml.common.LoadController.sendEventToModContainer(LoadController.java:208)
at cpw.mods.fml.common.LoadController.propogateStateMessage(LoadController.java:187)
at cpw.mods.fml.common.LoadController.distributeStateMessage(LoadController.java:118)
at cpw.mods.fml.common.Loader.preinitializeMods(Loader.java:513)
at cpw.mods.fml.client.FMLClientHandler.beginMinecraftLoading(FMLClientHandler.java:239)
at net.minecraft.client.Minecraft.func_71384_a(Minecraft.java:480)
Any help would be appreciated :)

Hydra2011

Jul 29, 2019
Oh sorry, my bad. Thanks for pointing that out.
I need to learn to read...

Edit:I uninstalled Ars Magica and then it worked fine, great mod btw.

Last edited:

choco218

Jul 29, 2019
Edit:I uninstalled Ars Magica and then it worked fine, great mod btw.
But... why ???

if you had read correctly, you would have seen it was an ID conflict. You just need to get into your minecraft files, config, then look for either ars2 or CC ( config file is in config/Reika/) and change the ID conflicting. It's gonna take some time, as you're likely to get a few of these, but then you can play with both mods...

KaosRitual

Jul 29, 2019
But... why ???

if you had read correctly, you would have seen it was an ID conflict. You just need to get into your minecraft files, config, then look for either ars2 or CC ( config file is in config/Reika/) and change the ID conflicting. It's gonna take some time, as you're likely to get a few of these, but then you can play with both mods...
Doesn't even take that long, CC doesn't have that many potion effects.

Wraithflay

Jul 29, 2019
Truly, is there a more beautiful thing in ChromatiCraft? If it exists, I have not yet seen its like!
https://imgur.com/a/rS93E

In semi-related input, I've determined that so far there are only two 'machines' that give me that CME crash from drawing Lumens from the pylons: crafting and the ritual table. The tree itself has been running practically nonstop since I got it finalized properly, and I've yet to get a single CME in that entire time. Very curious, that. In other news, I will not be able to play with abilities for a while as my middle mouse click has been busted for several years. If there's a workaround, I haven't seen it. Otherwise, the grind to get my portal built continues!

Reika

RotaryCraft Dev
FTB Mod Dev
Sep 3, 2013
Toronto, Canada
sites.google.com
In semi-related input, I've determined that so far there are only two 'machines' that give me that CME crash from drawing Lumens from the pylons: crafting and the ritual table. The tree itself has been running practically nonstop since I got it finalized properly, and I've yet to get a single CME in that entire time. Very curious, that. In other news, I will not be able to play with abilities for a while as my middle mouse click has been busted for several years. If there's a workaround, I haven't seen it. Otherwise, the grind to get my portal built continues!
Code:
Use vanilla keybind system for ability selection GUI=false

Reactions: Wraithflay

RavynousHunter

Jul 29, 2019
Got two questions for ya, brother Reika. One, are the aura flowers (the ones that drop the dust) supposed to be affected by a pick's Fortune level, and two, I found a galazio pylon that'd been demolished by an AE2 meteor...is that gonna cause problems?

[ETA]

Also, I think ChromatiCraft has become aware. It has generated an inordinate amount of purple pylons for me. :p

Last edited: