Mod Feedback ChromatiCraft questions and suggestions

• FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

RavynousHunter

Jul 29, 2019
Nuclear Option?
...what, intentionally messing up a fission reactor?

I was thinking more along the lines of tossing a PortalGun portal from his location to the moon and let physics, as well as asphyxiation, take care of the dirty work for me.

Wraithflay

Jul 29, 2019
Well here's an odd minor bug report for ya, Reika. A creeper snuck into my Casting Complex (though still a mere level 3 table, not yet 4) and blew up, destroying 3 of my item stands, which then dropped as Unknown or somesuch. When Unknown was placed in the world, it became a Spawner Reprogrammer, which I am not presently even able to craft for obvious reasons. On the upside, the structure is largely intact and thankfully quite blast resistant, though I have no recollection of where to place two of my runes, heh.

On a related note, I don't suppose you have any kind of video or picture tour of your own base incorporating ChromatiCraft structures into it? I'm rather curious how one works such large structures into a visually appealing base design, assuming anyone's done it at all. I've never gotten quite this far into the mod, so obviously I had no real idea of what to expect in terms of space demands.

Reika

RotaryCraft Dev
FTB Mod Dev
Sep 3, 2013
Toronto, Canada
sites.google.com
Well here's an odd minor bug report for ya, Reika. A creeper snuck into my Casting Complex (though still a mere level 3 table, not yet 4) and blew up, destroying 3 of my item stands, which then dropped as Unknown or somesuch. When Unknown was placed in the world, it became a Spawner Reprogrammer, which I am not presently even able to craft for obvious reasons. On the upside, the structure is largely intact and thankfully quite blast resistant, though I have no recollection of where to place two of my runes, heh.
...Time to raise the blast resistance...

On a related note, I don't suppose you have any kind of video or picture tour of your own base incorporating ChromatiCraft structures into it? I'm rather curious how one works such large structures into a visually appealing base design, assuming anyone's done it at all. I've never gotten quite this far into the mod, so obviously I had no real idea of what to expect in terms of space demands.
There will be one coming.

choco218

Jul 29, 2019
Ok. got a beginning of some ChromatiCraft structures in my base, they look nice. But they bring some questions so...
My turn !
1) Just built myself a ritual altar because it looked funny and I was happy to finally get some liquid chroma. What does it do ? assuming I built it correctly, I can't get it to do anything
2) I'm trying to find my way to mother casting complex. BUT when I try to get myself some repeaters, I got those "boosted tahara crystals". How am I supposed to craft them ?
3) (last, promise) Are repeaters sensible to orientation ? Explaining myself : if I want to build them horizontally because of some genius build I have in mind, will them work ?

Wait...ChromatiCraft adds Time Lord technology?
Well, same thought here. It's awesome

BTW, @Reika, what were the odds I found every single info fragment from my boring machines ? Not complaining, but I'm guessing I was somehow lucky there.

@1M-Industries : 154 mods in mine xD

1M Industries

Jul 29, 2019
Ok. got a beginning of some ChromatiCraft structures in my base, they look nice. But they bring some questions so...
My turn !
1) Just built myself a ritual altar because it looked funny and I was happy to finally get some liquid chroma. What does it do ? assuming I built it correctly, I can't get it to do anything
2) I'm trying to find my way to mother casting complex. BUT when I try to get myself some repeaters, I got those "boosted tahara crystals". How am I supposed to craft them ?
3) (last, promise) Are repeaters sensible to orientation ? Explaining myself : if I want to build them horizontally because of some genius build I have in mind, will them work ?

Well, same thought here. It's awesome

BTW, @Reika, what were the odds I found every single info fragment from my boring machines ? Not complaining, but I'm guessing I was somehow lucky there.

@1M-Industries : 154 mods in mine xD
Meh. That was an old pack, based on Techworld 2.

choco218

Jul 29, 2019
Meh. That was an old pack, based on Techworld 2.

How big now, in 1.7.10 ? anyway figured the boosted crystals with the help of my legendary friend Mr. Tube. how about the other two, hmm ? =)

EDIT : ok. I really need to know how to automate crystal berries production =) Because I'll die if I have to get every berry I need by hand x)

Last edited:

Reika

RotaryCraft Dev
FTB Mod Dev
Sep 3, 2013
Toronto, Canada
sites.google.com
Then it is probably not built correctly. :p

I will leave you to figure that one out. :p

Yes, but you need to shift-click the new top with the manipulator.

choco218

Jul 29, 2019
I will leave you to figure that one out. :p
Figured out ! =)

Then it is probably not built correctly. :p
Okay :
uBGhpMD.png
what's wrong then ? :D

Yes, but you need to shift-click the new top with the manipulator.
Now we're talking. Reika I love you xD
all my pylons are pretty much in the same area. Got some high-voltage-current-line-like design in my head that I know I'm gonna be proud of.
Edit :
can't wrap my head around this one too :
xnHmlQ3.png
The GUI is flickering and I can't craft miself some repeaters..

Last edited:

Reika

RotaryCraft Dev
FTB Mod Dev
Sep 3, 2013
Toronto, Canada
sites.google.com
Figured out ! =)

Okay :
uBGhpMD.png
what's wrong then ? :D

Now we're talking. Reika I love you xD
all my pylons are pretty much in the same area. Got some high-voltage-current-line-like design in my head that I know I'm gonna be proud of.
Edit :
can't wrap my head around this one too :
xnHmlQ3.png
The GUI is flickering and I can't craft miself some repeaters..
You are missing the required progress.

Someone Else 37

Forum Addict
Feb 10, 2013
Okay. But how do I know if I can ? because I can see the crafts in the book, the outcome, the description...
If you look at the tab on the right of your Lexicon, you'll see all the progression that you have done and need to do. I don't know which one lets you craft the repeaters, though, and even if I did, Reika might not want me to say it here. Just do all of them and you'll find it eventually.

choco218

Jul 29, 2019
If you look at the tab on the right of your Lexicon, you'll see all the progression that you have done and need to do. I don't know which one lets you craft the repeaters, though, and even if I did, Reika might not want me to say it here. Just do all of them and you'll find it eventually.

ok thanks... will do x)

RavynousHunter

Jul 29, 2019
I have to say, ChromatiCraft looks good. I don't think I've seen a mod that looks half as good, not even Thaumcraft, and if nothing else, it does do aesthetics quite well.

choco218

Jul 29, 2019
I have to say, ChromatiCraft looks good.

It looks better. In fact, it's safe to say, I think, that there's no other mod out there with this degree of work in the progression, the documentation ( which, as @Reika often repeat, isn't that incomplete, problem being people stopped looking for answers by themselves a long time ago, me included), and blocs/effects. It's just crazy there's no one to compete with you @Reika xD
I just said yesterday that thaumcraft was dead because of CC, pretty sure that Blood magic will be far easier too :D