[CHALLENGE] (v4.3-ish 6/7/18) Refugee to Regent Kingdom Building Challenge

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

What do you think of the Serf to Supreme Challenge?

• City Construction Challenge was better!

Votes: 9 7.0%
  • It's okay, but there's definitely room for improvement

Votes: 35 27.1%
  • Give me my Electrics sooner!

Votes: 14 10.9%
  • I enjoy the slow introduction of mods.

Votes: 43 33.3%
  • I wish Element Animation would hurry up with the next episode.

Votes: 24 18.6%
  • I love it!

Votes: 51 39.5%

• Total voters
N

Newf

I looked in on your recorded stream, it was interesting. :) I bet the villagers aren't too thrilled with your heavy borrowing though! :-D

Thanks man! Gonna work on explaining what I'm doing a little better from now on since I didn't do that very well yesterday. With that said, I am going live again now in a few minutes. I'm just starting with the Wood Settlement stage. I have changed my microphone settings a bit to try to cut out some of the background noise so if you stop by, don't be afraid to say hi and let me know what the volume is like.

Reactions: Monarch_of_Gold

TomeWyrm

Jul 29, 2019
Right... I've got a preliminary pack. Seeing a two-digit number on the title screen for "mods loaded" is really strange for me, by the way. Says 85, but I've got a couple of client-only/admin/testing mods, and it does silly stuff like think BC is 6 mods. Looks like I've got 64 mods.

Code:
Minecraft Forge | Version: 10.13.4.1614
AppleCore | Version: 1.3.0
Arcane Arteries | Version: 5
Archimedes' Ships | Version: 1.7.10 v1.7.1
Baubles | Version: 1.0.1.10
Blood Magic: Alchemical Wizardry | Version: v1.3.3
Botania | Version: r1.8-249
BuildCraft Compat | Version: 7.1.3
BuildCraft | Version: 7.1.14
ChickenChunks | Version: 1.3.4.19
ChromatiCraft | Version: 1.0
CodeChicken Core | Version: 1.0.7.47
CoFH Core | Version: 1.7.10R3.1.2
DragonAPI | Version: 1.0
ElectriCraft | Version: 1.0
Elsewhere Border | Version: 1.7.10-1.0.0-5
Enchanting Plus | Version: 3.0.2-d
EnderCore | Version: 1.7.10-0.2.0.31_beta
EnderStorage | Version: 1.4.7.37
Expanded Redstone | Version: 1.0
Extra Fixes | Version: 1.2.4b
Extra Utilities | Version: 1.2.12
Forge Multipart | Version: 1.2.0.345
FTBLib | Version: 1.0.17.4
FTBUtilities | Version: 1.0.17.4
Guide-API | Version: 1.7.10-1.0.1-20
HelpFixer | Version: 1.0.7
iBench | Version: 1.0.12
Inventory Tweaks | Version: 1.59-dev-152-cf6e263
JourneyMap | Version: 5.1.4
libsandstone | Version: 1.0.0
Logistics Pipes | Version: 0.9.3.87
Mantle | Version: 1.7.10-0.3.2.jenkins191
MineTweaker 3 | Version: 3.0.10
Mod Lister (ModLister) | Version: 1.1
Mod Support | Version: 0.31.3_build.unknown
Mod Tweaker 2 | Version: 0.9.5
NEI Integration | Version: 1.1.2
NoMoreRecipeConflict | Version: 1.7.10
Not Enough Items | Version: 1.0.5.118
Ping | Version: 1.0.3
Progressive Automation | Version: 1.6.34
ProjectE | Version: 1.7.10-PE1.9.5
Random Things | Version: 2.2.4
ReactorCraft | Version: 1.0
Reliquary | Version: 1.2
RFTools | Version: 4.22
RotaryCraft | Version: 1.0
Steve's Addons | Version: 0.10.16
Steve's Factory Manager | Version: A93
Thermal Dynamics | Version: 1.7.10R1.1.0
Thermal Foundation | Version: 1.7.10R1.2.3
Tinkers' Construct | Version: 1.7.10-1.8.8.build988
Tinkers' Mechworks | Version: 0.2.15.106
Translocator | Version: 1.1.2.15
UnicodeFontFixer | Version: 1.1.10-mc1.7.10
Vein Miner | Version: 0.31.3_build.unknown
Veinminer Mod Integration | Version: 1.7.10-0.2.0
Waila Harvestability | Version: 1.1.6
WAILA Plugins | Version: MC1.7.10-0.2.0-23
Waila | Version: 1.5.10
Water Hooks | Version: 1.2.0
Waterproof | Version: 1.0
What Are We Looking At | Version: 1.3.3
WR-CBE | Version: 1.4.1.9

Mod List generated by ModLister.
System Time: 23:30 02/28/2016
Minecraft 1.7.10
Java: 1.8.0_73
LWJGL: 2.9.1

Edit:

Any suggestions on mods I should remove?

Any features you think I'm missing (for example, some of the stuff from Automagy is mighty impressive for redstone automation, or if I didn't have Botania)?

Basically the only mods that absolutely will not go are Reika's stuff, Botania, Archimedes Ships, RFTools, Random Things, iBench, JourneyMap, NEI et al, MineTweaker, VeinMiner, WAILA, EnderStorage, ChickenChunks, Project E, and probably Blood Magic.

Thinking about Witchery, and Logistics Pipes will likely stay. I should also add in some tech mods for the players on my server that won't like Magic. I'll probably have Storage Drawers and Jabba. I'm trying to stay away from AE2, though I might simply gate it behind extremely late game in a couple of Reika's mods to save on the server thrashing... because HOO boy does it ever thrash servers.

Last edited:

TomeWyrm

Jul 29, 2019
Oh right. Totally spaced Morpheus. WHOOPS

Some more examples of stuff I'd probably like to include: Aura Cascade, Avaritia, BuildersToolbox, Chisel, COFHTweaks, compacter(BDew), DamageIndicators, EnderIO, Extra Utilities, FairyLights, Gravity Gun, Grimoire of Gaia, InGameInfoXML (Lunatrius) or bspkrs StatusEffectHUD and ArmorStatusHUD, Iron Backpacks, Malasis Doors, Mekanism, Open Blocks, PneumatiCraft, QuantumFlux, Recall Stones, Redstone Paste, Refined Relocation, Runic Dungeons, Similsax Transductors, Thaumcraft (With Automagy, Forbidden Magic, Symmetry Calculator, ThaumCraft Inventory Scan, ThaumCraft Node Tracker, Thaumic Bases, Thaumic Exploration, and Thaumic Tinkerer), Trade Booth, Vegan Option, Warp Book, ZTones.

Senseidragon

May 26, 2013
Interesting list. :)

You don't think some of the zTones items are a tad overpowered? Or are you tweaking that into oblivion?

TomeWyrm

Jul 29, 2019
Ztones? Some of the items are pretty crazy, yeah. Though none of them except for the Totem Tool are particularly worrysome. I've got a bunch of complete newbies playing the pack, and I've always been a fan of the overpowered. I've got Project E in here after all :) Though I'm probably going to disable the condensers. Passive EMC allows for infinite feedback loops, and that's too OP even for me :-\

Senseidragon

May 26, 2013
I'm waffling between putting Chromaticraft back in or leaving it out. I have Rotarycraft and Electricraft both present, but I opted out of Reactorcraft (unlikely to get that intense in an R2R-like challenge), and with the slew of other mods to work with, I think I might be hard-pressed to actually meaningfully delve into the Chromaticraft features. I think I'll keep it out for now. I'm still pruning mods, I'm at a shade over 130, and still trimming. I didn't include MFR, Thermal Expansion, or Aura Cascade either. As a nod to @The Mobius Archives adventures with ChocoCraft, that is currently also in my pack, but I am not yet 100% sure it'll stay. I'm checking out how involved the catching/breeding/maintaining process is right now. I know the sounds they make might start to get to me after an hour or so. :) Right now they're kinda neat still.

Reactions: The Mobius Archives

TomeWyrm

Jul 29, 2019
I would include it. Even the "early" (*cough* for ChromatiCraft *cough*) chromaticraft toys are quite useful. Not to mention the dye trees, ender forest, and rainbow forest. All are AMAZINGLY useful for early/mid game.

Inaeo

Jul 29, 2019
If ChromatiCraft is on the cusp of the list, add it. From what I've seen, it's not just a simple matter of saying a month into play, "Yeah, we did want that.", then dropping it in. Better to have the world gen and not use it than to decide you want it and have to scrap a world to get it.

Reactions: Senseidragon

Senseidragon

May 26, 2013
If ChromatiCraft is on the cusp of the list, add it. From what I've seen, it's not just a simple matter of saying a month into play, "Yeah, we did want that.", then dropping it in. Better to have the world gen and not use it than to decide you want it and have to scrap a world to get it.

Hmm. True, if I do want it later, it's pretty much a reset or really long trek to new areas. I was just thinking of those brainless, whiny villagers wandering into range of a pylon and getting zapped. Then again, I have the same problem with them arguing (and losing) with Cacti, so that isn't saying much.

The Mobius Archives

Mar 31, 2013
www.youtube.com
As a nod to @The Mobius Archives adventures with ChocoCraft, that is currently also in my pack, but I am not yet 100% sure it'll stay. I'm checking out how involved the catching/breeding/maintaining process is right now. I know the sounds they make might start to get to me after an hour or so. :) Right now they're kinda neat still.

I find even the basic yellow chocobo quite useful. Having an extra pack for equipment is nice. They don't wander off like horses so you don't need to tie them to a fence. They swim quite well which really differentiates them from horses. Plus their squeak makes them easier to find if you do lose them. However, in the latest MC1.8 version you do need to use a chocobo disguise. As a note keep them in a pen/stable far, far away from where you do most of your work as the noise gets quite annoying.

Reactions: Senseidragon

Senseidragon

May 26, 2013
I find even the basic yellow chocobo quite useful. Having an extra pack for equipment is nice. They don't wander off like horses so you don't need to tie them to a fence. They swim quite well which really differentiates them from horses. Plus their squeak makes them easier to find if you do lose them. However, in the latest MC1.8 version you do need to use a chocobo disguise. As a note keep them in a pen/stable far, far away from where you do most of your work as the noise gets quite annoying.
I tested them quite a bit last night and had no issues other than hostile mobs seemed to really want to kill them. I had to fight off a number of witches that seemed hungry for some extra-crispy Chocobo. Testing with Chromaticraft when I get back home.

Acredium

Jul 29, 2019
Is the wiki page, mentioned in the original post, the latest of the rules? Or is it as scattered as said?

Senseidragon

May 26, 2013
Is the wiki page, mentioned in the original post, the latest of the rules? Or is it as scattered as said?

The main wiki is pretty scattered and certainly unfinished, and @Maul_Junior seems to be gone for an extended time now, but you'll find a link on there to the "Classic Wiki" version or something like that - those are more complete and are a good place to look if you're interested in this sort of thing.