[CHALLENGE] (v4.3-ish 6/7/18) Refugee to Regent Kingdom Building Challenge

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

What do you think of the Serf to Supreme Challenge?

• City Construction Challenge was better!

Votes: 9 7.0%
  • It's okay, but there's definitely room for improvement

Votes: 35 27.1%
  • Give me my Electrics sooner!

Votes: 14 10.9%
  • I enjoy the slow introduction of mods.

Votes: 43 33.3%
  • I wish Element Animation would hurry up with the next episode.

Votes: 24 18.6%
  • I love it!

Votes: 51 39.5%

• Total voters

TomeWyrm

Jul 29, 2019
Last time I checked, IE has a bit of a screwy power distribution net. It's fine if you're WAY overpowering things and don't mind it being a bit sloppy with distribution, but if tolerances are even a little tight for any reason, it'll have issues. Something about round robin at intersections, or somesuch.

Reactions: The Mobius Archives

TomeWyrm

Jul 29, 2019
Mobius, do you have any central location with a running changelog of your pack? It might be neat to see additions, config changes, etc. Also I was totally going to see what mods you had as a secondary resource for my own personal R2R pack.

The Mobius Archives

Mar 31, 2013
www.youtube.com
Mobius, do you have any central location with a running changelog of your pack? It might be neat to see additions, config changes, etc. Also I was totally going to see what mods you had as a secondary resource for my own personal R2R pack.

I think you're optimistic regarding my organizational skills :) The best I can give you is the list of my current mods at http://pastebin.com/SN9LzmbP The hardest part is sorting out enchantment and potion conflicts otherwise I've been running with relatively default configs.

A number of the mods are behind because Binnie's mods were not updated to Forestry 4 though I've read there is a patcher now that could update the whole shebang. Once I get a breath I'll do an update pass but that may be once I begin the Glowstone expansion (Glowstone expedition?).

TomeWyrm

Jul 29, 2019
Oooh! I can help with that in the future!

http://www.minecraftforum.net/forum...y-no-to-id-conflicts-install-anti-id-conflict

That thing does conflict resolution the RIGHT way. None of that buggy auto-assign junk that never assigns blocks correctly and can't handle added/removed blocks via mod updates or removals.

Handles Biomes, Entities, Potions, and Enchantments, and soon dimensions.

=====

I can confirm that the patcher will work, though Binnie did a few derptastic things that might cause you issues with Reikas mods. Well... he's just exposing an issue that would cause you problems later, but that doesn't help NOW :p

I was the lead pack designer on Reika's Dev server, and we updated to Binnie's... ye gods was that a production, though that might have been the server-specific tweak mod.

Edit: Was is the operative word. I'm not playing on the server anymore. Still semi-active in that community, just couldn't handle the rock-and-hard-place situation I got myself into, nor did I much like the pack that ended up growing out of what I originally developed.

Senseidragon

May 26, 2013
Bleh. Sorry to hear that. Would love to have found a nice rotarycraft-friendly pack to try. I'd most recently tried Survival Industries and even took another gander at DNS Techpack, but both were still lacking in one way or another.

I also can confirm that the Binnie's Patcher works. In my current personal mish-mash, I did the upgrade and if nothing else, at least it isn't blowing up in my face.

In other news, I got agitated with Minefactory Reloaded again in my current pack and ended up having to manually hack out the ability for the mod to generate those damned packratt trees. A config option that actually worked would have been easier, but whatever.

I created a new test world last night and saw one of those things at my spawn point and completely lost it. In retrospect, it was probably amusing to watch.

N

Newf

Hey guys, long time lurker and follower of this challenge. I have decided to broadcast my progress live over on twitch. I JUST started with the Direwolf20 1.7 pack so join the fun while it's brand new and play along!
twitch.tv/newfondahloose
or because this is my first post on here so it may not show my link for a while my twitch username is: NewfOnDahLoose

The Mobius Archives

Mar 31, 2013
www.youtube.com
Hey guys, long time lurker and follower of this challenge. I have decided to broadcast my progress live over on twitch. I JUST started with the Direwolf20 1.7 pack so join the fun while it's brand new and play along!
twitch.tv/newfondahloose
or because this is my first post on here so it may not show my link for a while my twitch username is: NewfOnDahLoose
Cool! What days/times are you planning on being on for your challenge?

N

Newf

The goal is always everyday, I don't have real set timings yet but I'm working on being more consistent. Most of the time it'll probably start after 5:30 EST because my 15 month old goes to bed around then. But sometimes if he's having a good day I'll stream earlier haha

TomeWyrm

Jul 29, 2019
I think I'm going to go at this mod pack from a performance perspective first. Prune all the mods I don't expect to play with or that won't add anything to my experience. Which means Forestry is out the window, as are any only-biome-adding mods (ExtraBiomesXL, BiomesOPlenty, Highlands. Stuff like that). Botania is in, as is basically everything from Reika. Wonder what else is going to make its way into the pack.

Senseidragon

May 26, 2013
Is there a survival aspect to it, or more sandbox progression? i.e., any environmental or hardcore elements to give urgency to one task or another, or is it a more laid back "if I die it's because I did something really stupid" theme?

Either way has its merits. :)

Inaeo

Jul 29, 2019
I think I'm going to go at this mod pack from a performance perspective first. Prune all the mods I don't expect to play with or that won't add anything to my experience. Which means Forestry is out the window, as are any only-biome-adding mods (ExtraBiomesXL, BiomesOPlenty, Highlands. Stuff like that). Botania is in, as is basically everything from Reika. Wonder what else is going to make its way into the pack.

If you're going to tweak recipies, disable all RF Generators with the exception of the Rotational Dynamo. Make people work for their plug and play power system. It allows users to have the solutions they're used to, but they actually have to do a touch of work to get there.

My too sense.

TomeWyrm

Jul 29, 2019
If you're going to tweak recipies, disable all RF Generators with the exception of the Rotational Dynamo. Make people work for their plug and play power system. It allows users to have the solutions they're used to, but they actually have to do a touch of work to get there.

My too sense.
Eh, I just came from a pack that did that. Seeing as how this is going to be single player, run on a single machine (not even on a server. I HATE the desyncs when running on a dedicated server, even over LAN for things like mounts)... I'm not giving myself a harder time on this one than the rules I set myself, and if I can't stick to the rules I set myself... this isn't going to be much of an R2R :p

Reactions: Monarch_of_Gold

Senseidragon

May 26, 2013
Episode 1 - finding a starting area. Episode 2 - getting decent tools, ???, Episode 4 - Automated Wither Farm!

I shudder to think how many times I've seen variations of that on let's plays. Ugh.

"Set your guidelines, stick to em, have fun." If more people could figure that out, there'd be a rise in video quality out there.

(Not implying that I think you're planning a let's play; just making an observation of recent youtube escapades I've seen)

Senseidragon

May 26, 2013
The goal is always everyday, I don't have real set timings yet but I'm working on being more consistent. Most of the time it'll probably start after 5:30 EST because my 15 month old goes to bed around then. But sometimes if he's having a good day I'll stream earlier haha

I looked in on your recorded stream, it was interesting. :) I bet the villagers aren't too thrilled with your heavy borrowing though! :-D

VaalDeth

Jul 29, 2019
Hey all just wanted to drop in and say my next episode will be out soon-ish (tm). Realistically around two weeks.

I've been super busy in life and over the last month have been working hard on my next Space Engineers RP episode - my first space battle!

I'm polishing it now, cranking in at around 25 minutes, my most complex edit so far. Really proud of this series, so if you guys haven't checked it out please do, the game is like a mix of Minecraft and Kerbal Space Program, without the orbital mechanics (planets and moons are stationary, the sun rotates around the solar system), but there are some good physics as far as collisions and inertia.

If you're curious here is the link to the playlist:
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLFzLoEd0xhYuBcmezg7jOkY0Qg908cqWs