[CHALLENGE] (v4.3-ish 6/7/18) Refugee to Regent Kingdom Building Challenge

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here
  • FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

What do you think of the Serf to Supreme Challenge?

• City Construction Challenge was better!

Votes: 9 7.0%
  • It's okay, but there's definitely room for improvement

Votes: 35 27.1%
  • Give me my Electrics sooner!

Votes: 14 10.9%
  • I enjoy the slow introduction of mods.

Votes: 43 33.3%
  • I wish Element Animation would hurry up with the next episode.

Votes: 24 18.6%
  • I love it!

Votes: 51 39.5%

• Total voters

Gamefury64

Jul 29, 2019
Does anyone have a good guide to this? It looks amazing, it's just that I can't find a good guide that goes past dirt hovel.

VaalDeth

Jul 29, 2019
@VaalDeth disappears for stretches of time as well, due to wanting to spend more time with significant others if I recall correctly. That's a pretty darn good reason to scale back the video game time in my book!

Hey all, Just wanted to say I'm still around, and still in a arm brace recovering from my shoulder surgery.

On a sad note I've been trying to get my FTB to work with Windows 10 (Direwolf 1.6.4) and am having no luck. Crashes right after the game launches and the logs are telling me nothing. Using java 8 update 60, and have updated all my relevant drivers already. :( Might have to rollback..

Glad to see things alive and well though.

Best Regards,

The Mobius Archives

Mar 31, 2013
www.youtube.com
It must be Wednesday (It's not but I can pretend).

Digging out a utility sewer for our city. Hot and cold running lava and chryotheum respectively ;)

Still I really like how the sewer build is starting to turn out. I'd like to see this main line stretching the span of the city with supply branches to each smaller neighborhood. Plus given we also have Immersive Enginnering I may run some power cable down there too.

Reactions: Senseidragon

The Mobius Archives

Mar 31, 2013
www.youtube.com
On a sad note I've been trying to get my FTB to work with Windows 10 (Direwolf 1.6.4) and am having no luck. Crashes right after the game launches and the logs are telling me nothing. Using java 8 update 60, and have updated all my relevant drivers already. :( Might have to rollback..

Glad to see things alive and well though.

It would be tragic to need to stop just because of a system upgrade :(

Get better soon and I hope you don't need to resort to a petrification event like I did.
I used MCEdit to chop out the rest of the world and Midas to switch almost everything to stone, if you go the same route I recommend changing everything to bricks and using WorldEdit to change everything back. Your mileage may vary.

VaalDeth

Jul 29, 2019
It would be tragic to need to stop just because of a system upgrade :(

Get better soon and I hope you don't need to resort to a petrification event like I did.

Ya I'm hoping not. Will try some more things, but sounds like you have some method around going between versions, as last time I tried with McEdit and itemIDs got me pretty good. Luckily most of my stuff is vanilla..mostly...

Worst case I may start a new series (May be a good time to get away from 1.6.4), but if I do it will be more similar to the castle building challenge, where I'll build a small fort and upgrade it. I am only one man after all... LOL

Regardless if I can't get it to work I may roll back to win7 anyway, and do a final tour of the world after 41 episodes.

Best Regards,
Vaal

Senseidragon

May 26, 2013
I can look into the DW1.6.4 issue if you want to keep going on 1.6.4, or if you're thinking moving to a new series is better I'll hold off.

Monarch_of_Gold

Jul 1, 2015
You could also transfer the world to a newer pack with a lot of the same mods and hope for little to no corruption (of course, make a backup copy of it).

Senseidragon

May 26, 2013
Didn't the way Item IDs get significantly redone between 1.6.4 and 1.7.10? That would practically guarantee all but vanilla blocks are likely going to mismatch. I'd either try to make 1.6.4 work or start a new series. @The Mobius Archives went through a good deal of prep when he did his stonification of his old world, and he still got bit on a fair number of things.

Monarch_of_Gold

Jul 1, 2015
This is when you take record of all items you have and then try to worldedit your town in. Then, whatever items don't transfer you're aware of it and can replace them.

TomeWyrm

Jul 29, 2019
I've done that precise process before. You'll miss something. You ALWAYS miss something. It *will* bite you squarely in the gluteus maximus. Unless you have a very good reason to transfer a world after backing up in visual and "hard" form (i.e. copy the world somewhere AND screenshot/record going though all your chests and machines for inventory and configuration details)? Starting over is usually MUCH less of a hassle (and probably faster to boot)

VaalDeth

Jul 29, 2019
I can look into the DW1.6.4 issue if you want to keep going on 1.6.4, or if you're thinking moving to a new series is better I'll hold off.

Thanks, but even though I think I found a way with Midas + "Midas patch maker" I could convert the world to 1.7. However, with all the world edits anyway, I think it may just be time to start fresh. So I think I am going to start a new challenge, I'm thankful for everyone and their support up to this point I'm hope you all enjoyed my city.

My castle will be even cooler! =)

Senseidragon

May 26, 2013
Just remember in Episode 1 to list your mods and show the seed so people can try to play along if they like.

Senseidragon

May 26, 2013
Thanks, but even though I think I found a way with Midas + "Midas patch maker" I could convert the world to 1.7. However, with all the world edits anyway, I think it may just be time to start fresh. So I think I am going to start a new challenge, I'm thankful for everyone and their support up to this point I'm hope you all enjoyed my city.

My castle will be even cooler! =)

Just because I can't resist a challenge...

Q8Ziu4s.png

Edit: Sent you a PM on what I did if you're interested. Good luck with whatever you choose to do!

Last edited:
Reactions: The Mobius Archives

VaalDeth

Jul 29, 2019
Just remember in Episode 1 to list your mods and show the seed so people can try to play along if they like.

Absolutely, I'm looking for that perfect spawn now. I've found a nice one without Thaumcraft, but I want to use Thaumcraft 4, and it obviously changes the biome layout.

Thanks for the help as well!!

The Mobius Archives

Mar 31, 2013
www.youtube.com
Absolutely, I'm looking for that perfect spawn now. I've found a nice one without Thaumcraft, but I want to use Thaumcraft 4, and it obviously changes the biome layout.

Thanks for the help as well!!
Nice, and give out the seed when you find that perfect spawn. I remember getting viewers asking for that before I munged the world from 1.6 to 1.7.

TomeWyrm

Jul 29, 2019
In 1.7 it changes the biome layout less than you'd think. The new temperature/moisture mapping is kinda nice that way... I still prefer the old way because then I can actually FIND biomes I want.

Reactions: Monarch_of_Gold

Monarch_of_Gold

Jul 1, 2015
Also - is it just me or did they nix the old taiga from worldgen? I haven't found a single cold biome since I think 1.5

Sent from my SM-T230NU using Tapatalk

Senseidragon

May 26, 2013
Do you use BoP? I've found that telling it NOT to override Taiga in the configs (by default it does overwrite the vanilla biomes) helps a lot. Most recently I've been telling it to pretty much only use the vanilla biomes and it has worked a little better for me. I still miss the old worldgen though with respect to actually finding jungle if you don't happen to spawn in one. It is SO difficult to find one these days for me.

Monarch_of_Gold

Jul 1, 2015
I use BoP but I mean in just vanilla. It doesn't matter what biome pattern I follow, I can't find a taiga. I can only find cold biomes in BoP these days

Sent from my SM-T230NU using Tapatalk