Mod Feedback [By Request] RotaryCraft Suggestions

MongrelVigor

Jul 29, 2019
I know my PC needs an upgrade, but these out of all the things in my world make the biggest impact it feels.

You may wish to do what I did: I have just recently finished "moving out" of my original base. I leave the chunk loaded and the equipment running, but when I'm physically in it's vicinity I average around 4 Fps, when I'm not more like 50.

Before resorting to that I stripped almost everything. About the only things I didn't strip aside from Rotarycraft things ( 200PBRs, two hp turbines, 1 turbine generator, several magnetostatics, three grinders, 1 centrifuge, a bed rock grinder, and a crystallizer/refrigeration duo to feed the mags) were a dozen or so tesseracts, my ME system, a chain of 20 IC2 electric furnaces, 10 autonomous activators and 20 gendustry apiaries.

Other than the tesseract and the RoC stuff I've temporarily shut all that down and it didn't help, and I've been very thorough about learning mods and settings that improve FPS. It's hard not to come to the conclusion that being in the presence of my RC stuff is devastating on my frame rate...

I actually don't mind all that much. On a new log I'd totally go reactor craft again. I've set up a network bridge to issue all production commands with "the dark FPS draining zone of industry" and I'm happily working on a new base built for aesthetics instead of production. Between tesseract, magnos and an RoC electric gen my new base will want for nothing :). Oh, and two Galacticraft teleporters for when a technician has to be sent to the dark zone.. To set up the network of 64 boring machine I plan to synchronize... I call it the world eater :)

TL: DR
For me, leaving an RoC industrial zone chunk loaded but far away results in about 12.5x frame rate.

Last edited:
Reactions: abculatter_2

TomeWyrm

Jul 29, 2019
This is why I love void ages, chunk loaders, and the ability to teleport items, fluids, and power. I can build automated machines, and as long as they don't tank TPS, it doesn't matter... unless I need to go there for maintenance or something, and then I only have to deal with the lag from THAT build, and not the 40+ other ones.

Then I can focus on making bases (I aim for and often fail at pretty) that LOOK functional and often could be if I cared, but don't really do any work, and therefor rarely impact performance meaningfully.

SourC00lguy

Jul 29, 2019
This is why I love void ages, chunk loaders, and the ability to teleport items, fluids, and power. I can build automated machines, and as long as they don't tank TPS, it doesn't matter... unless I need to go there for maintenance or something, and then I only have to deal with the lag from THAT build, and not the 40+ other ones.

Then I can focus on making bases (I aim for and often fail at pretty) that LOOK functional and often could be if I cared, but don't really do any work, and therefor rarely impact performance meaningfully.
I never thought of the advantages of void ages in this way. That is so brilliant haha

TomeWyrm

Jul 29, 2019
You can use a single void age as long as you go more than your loading distance away for each build. Angel blocks are your friend. As are turtles. And the Bibliocraft tape measure.

dozbot

Jul 29, 2019
I built my previous fusion reactor in a mystcraft age, which was fine. This time decided I wanted to see it, so built it within my auto-processing base inside a very large sphere I built between two crags. Looks amazing in stills, not so much at 15fps :D

Demosthenex

Jul 29, 2019
Next time I make a reactor (in one chunk!) I'm going to pipe the shaft power though a Nether portal :p

That way the FPS lag can be away from my base.

dozbot

Jul 29, 2019
I jumped into an empty desert biome mystcraft dimension (Getting around 225fps as very little to draw), flat world aiming the heat ray at no blocks. Connected a tier 5 magnetostatic to power it, I turn the power on and I instantly lose 50-100fps. It doesn't seem as bad as when connected to a pre-heater.

Last edited:

Reika

RotaryCraft Dev
FTB Mod Dev
Sep 3, 2013
Toronto, Canada
sites.google.com
I jumped into an empty deserb biome mystcraft dimension (Getting around 225fps as very little to draw), flat world aiming the heat ray at no blocks. Connected a tier 5 magnetostatic to power it, I turn the power on and I instantly lose 50-100fps. It doesn't seem as bad as when connected to a pre-heater.
Can someone else try to rule out PC-specific issues?

acnotalpha

Jul 29, 2019
Can someone else try to rule out PC-specific issues?

I tested the heat ray on a super flat sandstone world. Starting with 130-150 FPS, my FPS drops by about 30-40 upon activating it with nothing in front. Adding more than one heat ray does not appear to reduce the FPS further on my machine. With an opaque block a short distance in front of the heat ray, the FPS drop is smaller, 10-20 FPS.

Reika

RotaryCraft Dev
FTB Mod Dev
Sep 3, 2013
Toronto, Canada
sites.google.com
I tested the heat ray on a super flat sandstone world. Starting with 130-150 FPS, my FPS drops by about 30-40 upon activating it with nothing in front. Adding more than one heat ray does not appear to reduce the FPS further on my machine. With an opaque block a short distance in front of the heat ray, the FPS drop is smaller, 10-20 FPS.
OK. Can someone try profiling it?

MongrelVigor

Jul 29, 2019
What if we could use a bedrock drill on a boring machine, to get a reduction in torque requirements for harder blocks