Mod Feedback [By Request] RotaryCraft Suggestions

RavynousHunter

Jul 29, 2019
v7 changes that.

That's disappointing...I'm not fond of performance engines. Mostly because I can't seem to run one without it exploding horribly. Doesn't matter if I give it entire oceans per tick of water and have it cooled with a fin touching ice, they still blow their stacks.

Reika

RotaryCraft Dev
FTB Mod Dev
Sep 3, 2013
Toronto, Canada
sites.google.com
That's disappointing...I'm not fond of performance engines. Mostly because I can't seem to run one without it exploding horribly. Doesn't matter if I give it entire oceans per tick of water and have it cooled with a fin touching ice, they still blow their stacks.
I have never had that issue. Indeed, I often have trouble getting them to overheat when testing...

RavynousHunter

Jul 29, 2019
While we're on the subject, what exactly does the performance engine upgrade do? I've never been able to figure that out...

Demosthenex

Jul 29, 2019
While we're on the subject, what exactly does the performance engine upgrade do? I've never been able to figure that out...

It allows you to upgrade a regular engine to a performance engine in place. You can also uncraft a regular engine using the worktable and a redstone signal, and then update the parts to make a performance engine.

Xavion

Jul 29, 2019
As a request a config option to disable the item cannon, just as it works against the pack I'm trying to make in giving viable long distance item transport that's not cart based.

Reika

RotaryCraft Dev
FTB Mod Dev
Sep 3, 2013
Toronto, Canada
sites.google.com
As a request a config option to disable the item cannon, just as it works against the pack I'm trying to make in giving viable long distance item transport that's not cart based.
Hm...it is not a techtree machine, so that is not an issue...is it acceptable if I only make it disableable if either EnderStorage or RailCraft are installed?

Xavion

Jul 29, 2019
Hm...it is not a techtree machine, so that is not an issue...is it acceptable if I only make it disableable if either EnderStorage or RailCraft are installed?
Yeah that's fine, railcraft is definitely going to be used to manage carts for what I'm trying so it's no issue from me.

lucariomaster2

Jul 29, 2019
I have never had that issue. Indeed, I often have trouble getting them to overheat when testing...

I tried powering a Skeleton spawner in the Nether (Wither skeletons -> Coal -> Fractionator) with a performance engine. When I placed it down, it lasted for about half a second before exploding. :p

Related exploit: Unless it blew up something I didn't notice, it exploded into 11 stacks of HSLA steel scrap, vastly exceeding the 30 or so steel required to make it.

Reika

RotaryCraft Dev
FTB Mod Dev
Sep 3, 2013
Toronto, Canada
sites.google.com
I tried powering a Skeleton spawner in the Nether (Wither skeletons -> Coal -> Fractionator) with a performance engine. When I placed it down, it lasted for about half a second before exploding. :p
Ambient temperature = 300C. :p

Related exploit: Unless it blew up something I didn't notice, it exploded into 11 stacks of HSLA steel scrap, vastly exceeding the 30 or so steel required to make it.
Now the real question: How many steel ingots does that make? :p

Reactions: lucariomaster2

dozbot

Jul 29, 2019
Is there any chance of a re-buff/buff to the rotational dynamo's since they seem a little weak now as apposed to other energy generation. 16k rf/tick generated by one vs the massive 190k rf/t draw on top end magnetostatics. (I just want a reliable back up power supply without having to use big reactors *shudders*)

Reactions: Plasmasnake

TomeWyrm

Jul 29, 2019
Now the real question: How many steel ingots does that make? :p
78 with a remainder of 2 scrap. I mean that *is* simple math :p

He just more than doubled his steel using his numbers. I haven't mapped out a performance engine resource-wise before, so I don't know how accurate that estimate is, but if his report is accurate and the scrap>ingot recipe is 9:1?
78 steel will be produced with 11 stacks of scrap

Is there any chance of a re-buff/buff to the rotational dynamo's since they seem a little weak now as apposed to other energy generation. 16k rf/tick generated by one vs the massive 190k rf/t draw on top end magnetostatics. (I just want a reliable back up power supply without having to use big reactors *shudders*)
ReactorCraft. The generator there can output way more than the rotational dynamo. Basic reactors are easy (though not always safe during the learning process) to make and fuel. Just chunkload.

Reika

RotaryCraft Dev
FTB Mod Dev
Sep 3, 2013
Toronto, Canada
sites.google.com
Reactions: TomeWyrm

TomeWyrm

Jul 29, 2019
Emphasis mine

dozbot

Jul 29, 2019
78 with a remainder of 2 scrap. I mean that *is* simple math :p

He just more than doubled his steel using his numbers. I haven't mapped out a performance engine resource-wise before, so I don't know how accurate that estimate is, but if his report is accurate and the scrap>ingot recipe is 9:1?

ReactorCraft. The generator there can output way more than the rotational dynamo. Basic reactors are easy (though not always safe during the learning process) to make and fuel. Just chunkload.

Yea I know.. I have 2 large multi core fission reactors, both designed for creating tritium, 1 functioning for such a purpose and the other producing steam for a HP turbine, a functioning 50+ core pebble bed and a stable fusion reactor that I've had running for 3 weeks straight and sinced turned off as I have 30 trillion or so RF stored up in electricraft battery's and I wanted some frame rates back 'till I upgrade this god forsaken computer :p

My point being, since the turbine generators received such a huge buff to their RF/t output (HP turbine hooked up to a turbine generator @ ~8Gwatt used to produce 1.5 million rf/tick) and the consumption of magnetostatics has been bumped up massively, it seemed like the rotarycraft rotational dynamo is lagging behind the conversion ratio for wattage:RF?

P.S Reika why is it that I lose frame rate from the hydrogen pre-heaters, more-so the heatray's while they are functioning? I know my PC needs an upgrade, but these out of all the things in my world make the biggest impact it feels.

Celestialphoenix

Too Much Free Time
Nov 9, 2012
Tartarus.. I mean at work. Same thing really.

Doing this from memory as I can't run MC and Chrome in a usable way.
2 Cylinders= 8 steel
Radiator= 3 gold, 3 steel, 3 fluid pipe [3x6/16 steel]

Igniter= 2 gold, 5 steel, 1 redstone
2x gears= 2 rods [2 steel], 2 gears [2x5/3 steel]
steel rod= 1 steel

2 base plates= 2 steel
impeller= 1 gear [5/3 steel], 4 tin/steel

30.25 steel, 5 gold, 1 redstone, [or 4 tin/26.25 steel]