Mod Feedback [By Request] RotaryCraft Suggestions

• FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

Demosthenex

Jul 29, 2019
So I've discovered with my finite water world, I'm having a really hard time making the dewpoint aggregator useful in the early to mid game.

With 4 x wind turbines I get 10 mb every few seconds, with high rotational speed (16kR, 1nm). I did attempt to use 4 x steam engines in a feedback loop to see if I could get water positive at 64k R, but that failed too losing about 10 mb every few seconds.

I don't want to use the EnderIO Reservoir, or the Aqueous Accumulator because they are too easy and infinite. So I guess I'm going back to collecting rainwater in barrels, er, reservoirs.

Demosthenex

Jul 29, 2019
I just tried to apply the enchantment "Repair I" to my HSLA steel armor, and while the anvil allowed the combination, the final product does not reflect the new enchanment. Bug? Intended behavior?

ljfa

Jul 29, 2019
I just tried to apply the enchantment "Repair I" to my HSLA steel armor, and while the anvil allowed the combination, the final product does not reflect the new enchanment. Bug? Intended behavior?
I think Repair only works on Thaumcraft gear, and it needs Vis from a wand to actually work.

rouge_bare

Oct 4, 2014
It works on pretty much anything made from Thaumium or Enchanted Fabric. The one exception I know of is the Goggles of Revealing.

HSLA Steel is not made of anything magical, so it won't work with Repair.

epidemia78

Jul 29, 2019
Any chance of config options for sound effect volume/range and allowing machines to be crafted on a normal table?

Demosthenex

Jul 29, 2019
Regarding Reactorcraft, I'm excited about the turbine flywheel. I am concerned that the steam is eliminated.

How should that work with ammonia? Also I'm on a finite water world, so I'm actually recycling my steam

Lastly, you might consider a Reactorcraft suggestions thread. I didn't see one.

Demosthenex

Jul 29, 2019
Regarding Reactorcraft, I'm excited about the turbine flywheel. I am concerned that the steam is eliminated.

How should that work with ammonia? Also I'm on a finite water world, so I'm actually recycling my steam

Lastly, you might consider a Reactorcraft suggestions thread. I didn't see one.

Is it worth testing to see if you can put a shaft on the turbine first?

Reika

RotaryCraft Dev
FTB Mod Dev
Sep 3, 2013
Toronto, Canada
sites.google.com

Zandorum

Jul 29, 2019
It works on pretty much anything made from Thaumium or Enchanted Fabric. The one exception I know of is the Goggles of Revealing.

HSLA Steel is not made of anything magical, so it won't work with Repair.
Not true, I have used Repair on many things that were not from Thaumcraft and it has functioned.

JoshBogs

Jul 29, 2019
Not really a suggestion for the mod but may work well with RoC and ReC power gen. The mod Draconic Evolution has a power bank that is as end game as the fusion reactor. Perhaps a few people here would be interested.

1M Industries

Jul 29, 2019
Not really a suggestion for the mod but may work well with RoC and ReC power gen. The mod Draconic Evolution has a power bank that is as end game as the fusion reactor. Perhaps a few people here would be interested.

45.5 MRF is less than a single resonant energy cell.

Last edited:

frogfigther

Jul 29, 2019
45.5 MRF is less than a single resonant energy cell.

Yeah, but the core has 7 tiers. The max tier holds 2,14 tera-rf (billion-rf). About 1,75 electricraft rf storage batteries, though it probably has a higher possible output (guessing here, correct me if I am wrong)