Botania - An innovative natural magic themed tech mod (Not in beta any more!)

Not_Steve

Over-Achiever
Oct 11, 2013
What the hell is a bauble?
In 1.7 azanor created a mod that tc is dependent on that give you slots for baubles that can give an assortment of buffs. He moved the arcane armor effects to bauble based equipment. Other modders can make baubles that can be put into those slots. Botania has baubles.
Edit: do you even ninja m8? Fite m3 IRL.

Zenthon_127

Jul 29, 2019
What the hell is a bauble?
In 1.7, Azanor made a mod called Baubles. Basically, you get (much like TiC) 4 extra slots that you put accessories in (for TC4, runic protection and discount items). Botania also adds Baubles, but they're incredible: fire protection, swimming boost, Boots/Traveler-style boost, etc. And since they can be placed along with any armor, you can essentially buff up your godmode MPS/Bound/Kami stuff even further.

Reactions: Pyure

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
In 1.7 azanor created a mod that tc is dependent on that give you slots for baubles that can give an assortment of buffs. He moved the arcane armor effects to bauble based equipment. Other modders can make baubles that can be put into those slots. Botania has baubles.
Oh ok. But I'd need to have a faint interest in installing TC4 to make it work presumably?

monkey

Jul 29, 2019
is there a way to tell the endoflame is working ? its not taking my coal or wood and im not seeing any partacals there is a mana spreder

broke and replaced the mana spreder and the endoflame started to work :)

Last edited:

Not_Steve

Over-Achiever
Oct 11, 2013
is there a way to tell the endoflame is working ? its not taking my coal or wood and I'm not seeing any particles there is a mana spreader
Try putting a redstone signal on the mana spreader and then click the endoflame with the wand of the forest. That will tell you if mana is being produced.

monkey

Jul 29, 2019
Try putting a redstone signal on the mana spreader and then click the endoflame with the wand of the forest. That will tell you if mana is being produced.
its ok me can tell u posted that befor my edit so ya its working now ^_^

ok side note any 1 know the item id name of manasteel helmit? u know like diamond_sword???
me have dynamic lighting instaled as well and want to use the mana steel helmit like a miners hat but have to know what its caled in order to add it to the configs

found a problem me and my dad enterd the neather its over loaded with eye of the anchent bringing us down to 1-2 fps S:

Last edited:

Vazkii

Jul 29, 2019
Updated to 1.1-58, major update, introducing Alfhomancy and much more, go get it
biggrin.png

Now is the part where you tell me the mod is super broken. It's ok, I understand :<
http://vazkii.us/mod/Botania/changelog.php#r1-1-58

Strikingwolf

Jul 29, 2019
Oh I love this mod. I am using it on a private-server/pack that I helped develop. 1.6.4 so I don't get all the goodies, but still amazing :D

Nfrance

Jul 29, 2019
I tried combining Boots of the Traveler (haste 3) with the upgraded sash, the sword from one of the thaumcraft addons that boost speed 25% and a speed 2 potion. Needless to say I was putting Usain Bolt to shame.
Also I haven't tried the new armour, but is "half the protection of diamond" worse then Iron?

thephoenixlodge

Jul 29, 2019
I tried combining Boots of the Traveler (haste 3) with the upgraded sash, the sword from one of the thaumcraft addons that boost speed 25% and a speed 2 potion. Needless to say I was putting Usain Bolt to shame.
Also I haven't tried the new armour, but is "half the protection of diamond" worse then Iron?
Now if you wanted to expand on that a little, try adding IC2's quantum legs...

Nfrance

Jul 29, 2019
Now if you wanted to expand on that a little, try adding IC2's quantum legs...
Not and Ic2 fan, but I use Gany's End and it has legs that increase speed too, so I'll try throwing that on too...

On a side note the only thing that could make this mod better was if the Pyroclast amulet let you see clearly in lava instead of the basically orange recolored void fog ^_^

Oh and maybe a bow. A bow would also be cool..

And maybe a mana biome, where you could find actual livingwood trees and livingwood stone in the wild, and it could be all pretttty (wink wink nudge nudge).
:V

Last edited:
Reactions: pizzawolf14

Fyuiy

Jul 29, 2019
I tried to get this mod in the Direwolf20 pack along with bloodmagic, I got the latest version of Botania. Is there a conflict?
Note: I also have Optifine installed