Botania - An innovative natural magic themed tech mod (Not in beta any more!)

Discussion in 'Mod Discussion' started by Vazkii, Feb 23, 2014.

1. Vazkii

Vazkii Botania Dev FTB Mod Dev

[​IMG]

This mod also has a thread on the Minecraft Forums, if you wish to comment but don't have an account here!
    Botania is a tech mod in essence. The theme is natural magic. By which the very base of the mod, as the title would give you the idea of, is flora. Of course, it's not limited to that.
    Most of the into on Botania can be found inside the game, in the Lexica Botania, the mod's "documentation book". You can craft it pretty easilly with a book and any type of sapling.

You can download the mod from the website.
    If you enjoy my work, consider dropping me a pledge on my Patreon :)
    Have a question, or just want to chat? #vazkii @ irc.esper.net is the place to go.

Let's have a look...

Getting started is simple enough, simply get yourself a Lexica Botania, it tells you all there is to know in the mod!
    [​IMG]

Oh yeah, have you noticed the world's full of flowers? Yeah, they worldgen all over the place. Take note, you'll need them.
    [​IMG]

Now off to the fun stuff! The mod's "power system" is called Mana. You get it from flowers, which you craft by combining other flower petals. Here's a little taste of the power system, looks fancy doesn't it?
    [​IMG]

And this Mana you create from flowers can be used to power other flowers that do stuff. what do all these do? Well, that one you'll have to figure out yourself.
    [​IMG]

Of course, more than flowers go around, here's an example of what you can do if you accumulate a decent amount of Mana.
    [​IMG]

And last (for this preview, of course!) here's a look at some of them awesome things you can use, there's lots more where those came from, too.
    [​IMG]

Not convinced? Haighyorkie made a four part spotlight on Botania, which you can check out right down here:

And that's it for the thread, I hope you enjoy playing with Botania!

Last edited: Jan 25, 2015
  2. Rongmario

Rongmario Well-Known Member Mod Developer

Well done on the mod, there's already a lot to it and I know this isn't all is to come ^^

3. MinecraftTim

MinecraftTim Active Member

Nicely done! Can't wait for the release...

4. Succubism

Succubism Over-Achiever

Hippy Magic! I love it!

5. Evilshallwin

Evilshallwin Member

This mod looks quite fun and I will definitely be playing around with it! I love innovative ways of powering my stuff :p

6. KillerRamer

KillerRamer Well-Known Member

Grab the tamborines and magical twig wands, and hop on the psychedelic groove vans with shag carpeting, and a miniature garden in the back.

7. tedyhere

tedyhere Well-Known Member

Great progress so far I am loving it :D

8. Ausyarr

Ausyarr Member

I'm not really a fan of magic mods but this one with its visual nature you can see the mechanism working looks awesome. I can see myself doing some interesting stuff with it. Thanks for the hard work.

9. Drullkus

Drullkus Active Member Mod Developer

Oh my! Light shows! :D

10. SlightlyVisible

SlightlyVisible Active Member

Are there any elements of danger or risk?

11. Sephlington

Sephlington Active Member

The flowers will retrogen, right?
    I'm a big fan of growing my resources, growing my magic sounds marvellous :D

12. Vazkii

There's no retrogen in, but you can get them with bonemeal.

13. Nova Sol

Nova Sol Active Member

Aw yeah, laser show! Can't wait! Gonna make a stage... And a garden... And a huge network of transfer-thingies to cause a huge waste of magical energy! But still: LASER SHOW!

14. Vazkii

Did someone say download button?

Not_Steve, MoosyDoosy, YX33A and 6 others like this.
  15. MinecraftTim

MinecraftTim Active Member

Yea, thanks! Let's test it :)

16. Succubism

Succubism Over-Achiever

Ooh! I did! I did!

17. NicoAD

NicoAD Active Member

I'm going to test this mod.

For the main reason to see what happens if I align all those color full mana spreaders into one spot and jump in it.

18. Qazplm601

Qazplm601 Lord of the Tumbleweeds

my zombies dont seem to be noticing the Hiesi dream. however, this is awesome. completely.

19. Vazkii

Right click it with a a wand and check if it has power. If it doesn't, then it's not going to be doing anything.

Not_Steve likes this.
  20. Qazplm601

Qazplm601 Lord of the Tumbleweeds

ohhhhhhh.....