Botania - An innovative natural magic themed tech mod (Not in beta any more!)

Padfoote

Brick Thrower
Forum Moderator
Dec 11, 2013
I tried to get this mod in the Direwolf20 pack along with bloodmagic, I got the latest version of Botania. Is there a conflict?
Note: I also have Optifine installed

Most likely an ID conflict, but as @Qazplm601 said, Optifine tends to "void warranties" due to the issues it causes with other mods. Best to try without it first.

Edit: Ninja'd in an edit. :(

Reactions: RealSketch

Fyuiy

Jul 29, 2019
Most likely an ID conflict, but as @Qazplm601 said, Optifine tends to "void warranties" due to the issues it causes with other mods. Best to try without it first.

Edit: Ninja'd in an edit. :(
Do you know any conflicts with mod ID's?
The error message is:

"A list of ID conflicts has been written in the file 'IDConflicts.txt' in your minecraft directory"
Edit: I don't know where the file is. And know how to fix it but do not know what is conflicted.

RealSketch

Jul 29, 2019
Extremely good mod Vazkii, it has got to be one of the best ever.
Your alternative use of transportation and energy is so much better than the average RF and EU.

Quick question, do you have any plans to expand the use of Alfheim portals, or add any new mobs to the game?

These amazing constant updates are also hard to keep up with documenting on the wiki. :p

trajing

Jul 29, 2019
Extremely good mod Vazkii, it has got to be one of the best ever.
Your alternative use of transportation and energy is so much better than the average RF and EU.

Quick question, do you have any plans to expand the use of Alfheim portals, or add any new mobs to the game?

These amazing constant updates are also hard to keep up with documenting on the wiki. :p
I think that the fact that it tracks it in Schools of Knowledge screams to be added to. Dwarven knowledge? Halfling knowledge?
/me waits for the D&D'ers to come.

Reactions: SynfulChaot

Nfrance

Jul 29, 2019
Well, this has become by far my favorite "magic" mod (even if it's supposed to feel like a tech mod)
Is it sad though that I've yet to make a mana cookie?

Reactions: Succubism

RealSketch

Jul 29, 2019
Keep the updates coming Vazkii, there's nothing better than a mod updated to perfection.
The only thing that's hard to keep up with is the textures... ;)

Reactions: Padfoote

Yusunoha

Jul 29, 2019
@Vazkii, we've got the tiles up on the wiki...
It took me hours, but it was worth it! :p
Don't hesitate to contact the wiki team if anything needs changing. :)
http://wiki.feed-the-beast.com/Botania

RZvyi2a.gif

Tristan379

Jul 29, 2019
I'm having a weird bug with Botania and was wondering if there is a known fix or if I'm just being an idiot. I'm trying to install it into the Yogscast complete pack(1.6.4) through ATLauncher. Everything seems to be in the game correctly, but the flowers refuse to generate with the terrain. I tried looking through the Botania config file for generation settings and couldn't find any. I tried default and BiomesOPlenty world types and neither worked. Also, they spawn, though extremely rarely, when bonemeal is used on grass.

RealSketch

Jul 29, 2019
I'm having a weird bug with Botania and was wondering if there is a known fix or if I'm just being an idiot. I'm trying to install it into the Yogscast complete pack(1.6.4) through ATLauncher. Everything seems to be in the game correctly, but the flowers refuse to generate with the terrain. I tried looking through the Botania config file for generation settings and couldn't find any. I tried default and BiomesOPlenty world types and neither worked. Also, they spawn, though extremely rarely, when bonemeal is used on grass.
Only Mystical Flowers generate naturally, all generational flora and functional flora such as the Daybloom or Daffomill. ;)
If you're on about the Mystical Flowers not generating naturally, then it should be in the config.

Stole this off of Vazkii's Botania website:
"There's too many flowers! How do I lower the amount?
I like how many flowers there are by default, so I'm not changing that. You can lower the frequency (how often they spawn) and the density (how many spawn at once for each "patch") in the config."

Obviously for you, you would need to raise the amount...

Reactions: SynfulChaot