Blood N Bones [Hardcore Survival]

Jul 29, 2019
Oh no, anything but the dreaded gay!

Anyway, from watching WillThGreat's LP and all the stories in this thread, this looks like a really fun pack. I definitely want to play around with this once I can actually play minecraft on something other than Easy :p

Reactions: WillThGreat

Eyamaz

Jul 29, 2019
There is a loose story around Bloodnbones. It is part of a "series" of modpacks that essentially follows a loose storyline starting with Magic Farm, then to Bloodnbones, then Agrarian Skies comes next, and so on with any other modpacks they decide to add onto it.

It is more of less the world of Magic Farm begins to become overrun, thus introducing Bloodnbones, which is the story of the strongest people being selected and thus comes Agrarian Skies, where the land below is uninhabitable.

Pretty close.
I'm actually contracting someone to help me finish fleshing out the whole story. iF, which is the primary FTB pack I'm doing, is the 4th part of the series designed for casual play.

Reactions: Sim...

xcuad

Jul 29, 2019
OK... Can someone explain this... I went to the nether gather a lot of supply and put it in the knapsack... Came back to the overworld start organizing everything but for a energy problem had home my computer shutdown after I open the game again everything was good except for the knapsack... It have the inventory of my last save(before going to the nether)... And I lost all the ores that were inside it.

sisho

Jul 29, 2019
OK... Can someone explain this... I went to the nether gather a lot of supply and put it in the knapsack... Came back to the overworld start organizing everything but for a energy problem had home my computer shutdown after I open the game again everything was good except for the knapsack... It have the inventory of my last save(before going to the nether)... And I lost all the ores that were inside it.

Knapsacks are kinda buggy, I would suggest using a backpack instead.

NunoAgapito

Jul 29, 2019

Knapsacks are kinda buggy, I would suggest using a backpack instead.
Also don't go to the End with them. You will loose them when you return

Sent from my CUBOT ONE using Tapatalk

Desman

Sep 23, 2014
I did some scouting in the nether, and the portal got placed within the range of some electric cloud that zaps you. Can I destroy the cloud, or do I have to make another portal nearby?

Or maybe the cloud can be weaponized? Does it zap mobs?

MarcNemesis

Jul 29, 2019
Also don't go to the End with them. You will loose them when you return

Just make a new one in that case. There is currently a bug with knapsack which cause you to keep everything inside them when you lost the knapsack and make a new one (also tested in BNB 1.1.5 SMP.)

Edit: Seems the bug only occure if (i assume from this point on) you don't log off. Just remade my Knapsack (lost the old one in the furnace of Hell (Nether)) but it doens't have all of my stuff.

Last edited:

Blargerist

Jul 29, 2019
Hello i just played a world a lot (of course made some backups because i died like 3 times) and when i came back from the nether as always i crashed.Then when i reopened BNB my world was not there anymore.Must i do something? i found a lot of nether ores and i dont want to do all those things again its just beyond anoyying! If you find a solution please let me know.

Thanks
Any chance of a crash log for that nether crash? I want to check if you're using the version of BnBTweaks that's supposed to fix it.

Prominthore

Jul 29, 2019
Hey can anyone tell me, i'm running a local server for me and two friends. Is hostile worlds disabled on the server by default? if so, how do i turn it on?
Thanks
breNt

Anesos

Jul 29, 2019
Hey can anyone tell me, i'm running a local server for me and two friends. Is hostile worlds disabled on the server by default? if so, how do i turn it on?
Thanks
breNt
Look in the mods folder on the server. Anything with .disabled at the end is disabled. (Actually anything other than .jar would disable it too, but the FTB packs use .jar.disabled to be clear)

You may also need to edit the config and switch the debugTickMain to True. I had to do that to make the boss spawn, and suspect it may be needed to make the portals start spawning as well... but haven't done a test to confirm that for sure.

Prominthore

Jul 29, 2019
Look in the mods folder on the server. Anything with .disabled at the end is disabled. (Actually anything other than .jar would disable it too, but the FTB packs use .jar.disabled to be clear)

You may also need to edit the config and switch the debugTickMain to True. I had to do that to make the boss spawn, and suspect it may be needed to make the portals start spawning as well... but haven't done a test to confirm that for sure.
Thanks for the Quick reply Anesos.
I went into the mods folder in the server and the hostile world mod is a compressed folder folder not a .jar. How do I know whether or not that is disabled? We have put probably 30 hours into our game now and are all ready for the invaders and we have not seen them.
Thanks for the time with the debugTickMain, I took care of that.
breNt
P.S. Love your vids

Desman

Sep 23, 2014
Does anyone else have occasional issues with torches and mob spawning? One such problem is when the torch in the helm slot isn't lit if you exit to the main menu and reload the world until you reequip it (although quitting to desktop and restarting the game doesn't do that).

Another is the "how did it get here???" problem. Which is, manticores somehow spawning in the mines, even though they are well-lit. Then they grief the torches... I've found manticores in my mines multiple times, even just now in my new world, I came down into my completely new mineshaft and to my horror discovered a completely dark corridor. Sure enough, there was a bloody manticore at the end of it. When trying to place some new torches there, I noticed that they were not giving any light while I had them in my hand.

I suppose the torch thing is a bug, but what's with the manticores?

JohnTzimisces

Jul 29, 2019
I haven't exactly done the research but I strongly suspect that some mobs (IE, lycanites mobs) are able to spawn in light levels one or two above that which vanilla mobs or special mobs (from the eponymous mod) can (block light 8 or higher is vanilla mob proof), so its a little harder to account for mob spawns. I've definitely been jumped by ents, tarantulas, an ettin or two (although those were far enough away they didn't track me), and trents, and every time I've done a pretty thorough check of my walled off area.

On occasion it'll be because a zombie reached through a corner and punched a torch, but most of the time it was freak bad luck.

Blargerist

Jul 29, 2019
Is there possible to get flight in this modpack? i have search a little, but having trouble finding info.
Enchanted broom from Witchery.
Flight potion from Blood Magic.
Air Sigil from Blood Magic.(it just throws you in the direction you fire it, definitely my favorite)
Sigil of the Phantom Bridge from Blood magic.(its a bridge in the air, but close enough)

kakas12345

Jul 29, 2019
Blargerist no, i dont have a crash log but when i came back from the nether i crashed then i created another world with same name and it ''discovered'' my world again. Then i made 32 bronze ready for damascus steel and then i needed to do something and i press save and quit. When i came back it was 6 bronze and 5 damascus steel like before this stupid crash with the nether happened.I tested something. I took 1 cobble and i stored it in a chest then i quit (the world) and then i came back and my cobble wasnt there. So i am something like a ghost. I can mine i can do anything like normal but i must not quit until i win the ender dragon. Please is there a solution?

Thanks

NunoAgapito

Jul 29, 2019
Blargerist no, i dont have a crash log but when i came back from the nether i crashed then i created another world with same name and it ''discovered'' my world again. Then i made 32 bronze ready for damascus steel and then i needed to do something and i press save and quit. When i came back it was 6 bronze and 5 damascus steel like before this stupid crash with the nether happened.I tested something. I took 1 cobble and i stored it in a chest then i quit (the world) and then i came back and my cobble wasnt there. So i am something like a ghost. I can mine i can do anything like normal but i must not quit until i win the ender dragon. Please is there a solution?

Thanks
Seems you got some corrupted chunks from the crash. They act like that, normally but they don't save...

One option is to move to a different place..

kakas12345

Jul 29, 2019
You mean that i need to create another world? I prefer to never play BNB again. Please I love BNB its a nice hard modpack