Blood N Bones [Hardcore Survival]

• FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

sisho

Jul 29, 2019
The rogue like dungeons have a few spots to get redstone. The first is the pit traps with the stone pressure plate and piston. If you dig into the wall you'll get a couple of dust under each piston. Second is the rooms with redstone lamps typically have a block of redstone powering them.

Right forgot about the roguelikes. I usually don't end up spending a ton of time in them so I forget some of the stuff you get from them :p
Risk for reward and what not.

Desman

Sep 23, 2014
Does anyone know if it's possible to automate the crusher like this:

JTUU8HQ.png

I'm trying to get it to make sawdust for charcoal. The idea is to pull the wood from one chest, and output the sawdust into the other. Instead of sending the wood to the top slot of the crusher, the itemduct puts the wood into the fuel slot, and the other itemduct pulls it out of the fuel slot and into the other chest...

Blargerist

Jul 29, 2019
Does anyone know if it's possible to automate the crusher like this:

JTUU8HQ.png

I'm trying to get it to make sawdust for charcoal. The idea is to pull the wood from one chest, and output the sawdust into the other. Instead of sending the wood to the top slot of the crusher, the itemduct puts the wood into the fuel slot, and the other itemduct pulls it out of the fuel slot and into the other chest...
Not sure about itemducts, but you could just put a vanilla hopper on top and under the crusher, that works fine.

Anesos

Jul 29, 2019
Getting a little further and I see you've added the creature that likes to blow up crops.....

Just sitting in front of my computer screaming my safety word but the punishment wont stop.
Mobs hate that you're changing their world. Try natural items at first (dirt, stone) rather than thing you create (torches, farmland, saplings, cobblestone anything, etc...)

And... good luck to you. :)

Desman

Sep 23, 2014
Not sure about itemducts, but you could just put a vanilla hopper on top and under the crusher, that works fine.
That does the same thing, the top hopper puts wood into both slots.

It works ok if you put some fuel in the bottom slot of the crusher, but if you use lava the bottom slot is empty. I guess a workaround is to put an extra lava bucket into the bottom slot.

Blargerist

Jul 29, 2019

It works ok if you put some fuel in the bottom slot of the crusher, but if you use lava the bottom slot is empty. I guess a workaround is to put an extra lava bucket into the bottom slot.
*Shrug* I think the question you should be asking, is why you care so much about charcoal before you can make a pulveriser. :p

Eyamaz

Jul 29, 2019
If you are a pledge, there is now a private Teamspeak set up for you. Information is on the Patreon site. You will be stuck in the lobby until validated as a pledge.

Reactions: Blargerist

NunoAgapito

Jul 29, 2019

Input from the sides.... I think...

Sent from my CUBOT ONE using Tapatalk

Blargerist

Jul 29, 2019
Suggestion:
Nerf all normal generators into the ground.
Buff the power required for an ME system massively.
Allow ME systems to be crafted starting within the overworld tiers. (Not everything, just the basic bits.)

Basically, make ME systems early game craftable, but have them require a nuclear reactor from Big Reactors in order to continuously run. When I think "I'm going to transform this piece of matter into energy and store it inside a harddrive", I don't think "Oh, the little gas genny in my back yard could power that!".

Anesos

Jul 29, 2019
Suggestion:
Nerf all normal generators into the ground.
Buff the power required for an ME system massively.
Allow ME systems to be crafted starting within the overworld tiers. (Not everything, just the basic bits.)

Basically, make ME systems early game craftable, but have them require a nuclear reactor from Big Reactors in order to continuously run. When I think "I'm going to transform this piece of matter into energy and store it inside a harddrive", I don't think "Oh, the little gas genny in my back yard could power that!".
I actually really like this! I'd like another reason to build a big reactor. Right now it's just for enhanced portals as far as I've figured out, and I haven't found huge needs for enhanced portals in my world. If I had another reason to build it, that would put big reactors, AE, and enhanced portals higher on my list. Though maybe Nether tier would be ok with me.

Reactions: IMarvinTPA

silentrob

Jul 29, 2019
I actually really like this! I'd like another reason to build a big reactor. Right now it's just for enhanced portals as far as I've figured out, and I haven't found huge needs for enhanced portals in my world. If I had another reason to build it, that would put big reactors, AE, and enhanced portals higher on my list. Though maybe Nether tier would be ok with me.

I'm really liking this too. Nether sounds about right to me for the starting tier (interface and cables), with the storage cells progressing through the spirit world (or 2.0 equivalent) and the MAC still held off until The End.

Desman

Sep 23, 2014
The mobs took my pickaxe and chased me out of my mine.

I thought I should clear some sort of cave under my mine at level 29, there might have been a spawner or something. I mine a one-block window, and all hell breaks loose. Mini spiders are swarming out of the hole, creepers blow up a bigger opening, a throng of zombies surrounds me. I'm hacking at them, get poisoned with half health gone, so I wall myself off to drink milk and eat a small heart to heal as even more of them are coming out. My pickaxe somehow got lost in the middle of that. I mined my way around them with my hammer.

Take two, I'm still hoping to retrieve the pickaxe (it was a 18-speed boosted hepatizon), so I go back in with some punji sticks and sludge buckets. I placed punji sticks onto the stairs down, plopped some sludge a bit further so they can't come closer too fast. A major battle starts, I'm slowly pushing them back one block at a time, building dirt walls further and further into the cave (actually it must have been like 3 blocks into the actual cave, the rest must have been just my tunnels that I took back). Then something goes wrong again, a lightning creeper blows up the whole place, mobs are rushing in, I'm running away screaming (and burning). I lost all the ground I had previously gained and then some. I sealed all the branches, and won't be returning there ever again...

NunoAgapito

Jul 29, 2019
The mobs took my pickaxe and chased me out of my mine.

I thought I should clear some sort of cave under my mine at level 29, there might have been a spawner or something. I mine a one-block window, and all hell breaks loose. Mini spiders are swarming out of the hole, creepers blow up a bigger opening, a throng of zombies surrounds me. I'm hacking at them, get poisoned with half health gone, so I wall myself off to drink milk and eat a small heart to heal as even more of them are coming out. My pickaxe somehow got lost in the middle of that. I mined my way around them with my hammer.

Take two, I'm still hoping to retrieve the pickaxe (it was a 18-speed boosted hepatizon), so I go back in with some punji sticks and sludge buckets. I placed punji sticks onto the stairs down, plopped some sludge a bit further so they can't come closer too fast. A major battle starts, I'm slowly pushing them back one block at a time, building dirt walls further and further into the cave (actually it must have been like 3 blocks into the actual cave, the rest must have been just my tunnels that I took back). Then something goes wrong again, a lightning creeper blows up the whole place, mobs are rushing in, I'm running away screaming (and burning). I lost all the ground I had previously gained and then some. I sealed all the branches, and won't be returning there ever again...
While you had an horrific and scary moment, I bet you also had one of the best times playing MC. earth pumping, adrenaline rushing, fighting against the odds... so good!!

xcuad

Jul 29, 2019
this is insane... took me half sun day but i kill him...
Q3OrKSM.png

other news, after a lot of preparation went to the nether again... silktouch pickaxe and hammer both steel lvl... make a branch mining and was really better

P.S.: NEVER upgrade the handle or biding of a tool that you have lvl it... you will lose the progression and the boost of the tool... learn it in the hard way...

kakas12345

Jul 29, 2019
Hello i just played a world a lot (of course made some backups because i died like 3 times) and when i came back from the nether as always i crashed.Then when i reopened BNB my world was not there anymore.Must i do something? i found a lot of nether ores and i dont want to do all those things again its just beyond anoyying! If you find a solution please let me know.

Thanks

Desman

Sep 23, 2014
While you had an horrific and scary moment, I bet you also had one of the best times playing MC. earth pumping, adrenaline rushing, fighting against the odds... so good!!

Yeah, this modpack has quite some moments. Someone with storytelling skills could write some excellent fiction based on it.

P.S.: NEVER upgrade the handle or biding of a tool that you have lvl it... you will lose the progression and the boost of the tool... learn it in the hard way...

I only upgrade if it has gained mining speed, because it doesn't apply unless you swap parts. That makes it worth boosting it again.

NunoAgapito

Jul 29, 2019
Hello i just played a world a lot (of course made some backups because i died like 3 times) and when i came back from the nether as always i crashed.Then when i reopened BNB my world was not there anymore.Must i do something? i found a lot of nether ores and i dont want to do all those things again its just beyond anoyying! If you find a solution please let me know.

Thanks
You probably lost your level.DAT file. Make a new world with the exact same name and it should recreate the world.

And make a backup before that!

Sent from my CUBOT ONE using Tapatalk

sisho

Jul 29, 2019
Yeah, this modpack has quite some moments. Someone with storytelling skills could write some excellent fiction based on it.

There is a loose story around Bloodnbones. It is part of a "series" of modpacks that essentially follows a loose storyline starting with Magic Farm, then to Bloodnbones, then Agrarian Skies comes next, and so on with any other modpacks they decide to add onto it.

It is more of less the world of Magic Farm begins to become overrun, thus introducing Bloodnbones, which is the story of the strongest people being selected and thus comes Agrarian Skies, where the land below is uninhabitable.

Reactions: Eyamaz

kakas12345

Jul 29, 2019
DOOD YOU ARE THE BEST PERSON! U SAVED ME! I love u!!!!!! (im not gay :p) Thanks bro you saved me,you saved my minecraft world