Blood N Bones [Hardcore Survival]

• FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

NunoAgapito

Jul 29, 2019
No need to create another world, you just need to identify the corrupted chunks and not use them anymore! In your case, might mean relocate your base.

A good way to find the chunks is doing what you just did. Change something in the chunk, quit, reload and see if reverted.

NunoAgapito

Jul 29, 2019
Didnt you just said that you created a new world with the same name and you were able to recover your old world?

kakas12345

Jul 29, 2019
No. Ok wait a min...take a breath and start again. There is a corrupted chunk ok? So i need to find that corrupted chunk and then?

NunoAgapito

Jul 29, 2019
I could swear I readed something diferent on your previous post... Whatever...

Yes, just use F9 to see the chunk outlines and place a block or dig a block, something that is easy to spot when you reload the world. If the change is missing, the chunk is corrupted, if not, you have a healty chunk.
Keep in mind you can have more then 1 chunk corrupted and they might not be together... It could even be a chunk 7-8 chunks away. It depends on the chunks that were loaded the moment of the crash.

Yes, it sucks...

Prominthore

Jul 29, 2019
Soo, we've put a lot (around 40) of hours into our server and still no sign of invaders. The Hostile worlds mod is a .zip not .disabled and I adjusted the config file to make the first one at 1000000 instead of 2000000, but still no sign. Any ideas?

Blargerist

Jul 29, 2019
Soo, we've put a lot (around 40) of hours into our server and still no sign of invaders. The Hostile worlds mod is a .zip not .disabled and I adjusted the config file to make the first one at 1000000 instead of 2000000, but still no sign. Any ideas?
Try enabling "debugTickMain".

Desman

Sep 23, 2014
I just discovered that the Safari Net is an invaluable defensive tool, and useful for farming stuff as well. If you get jumped by a tough mob at an inconvenient time, you can get rid of him in one click. Very useful in hardcore.

You can also get mobs for blood/glue farming with it, if you release the mob into the smeltery. A zoataur at 20hp gives you like 800 blood and 3-4 leather, both of which can be used to make more Safari Nets. A horse is apparently made out of 600mB of glue, and might drop leather as well. An ettin at 70hp gave me 1200 blood, 6 leather, 6 coal and 6 oak wood.

Of course, you must first get close to the ettin to capture it...

Also, I'd like to get one of those 500hp zombies. The possibilities...

Or, you can weaponize creepers with it. Get a pit full of zombies and skeletons, drop a creeper next to it and push it into the pit. Boom! This item is awesome :)

Last edited:

MarcNemesis

Jul 29, 2019
I just discovered that the Safari Net is an invaluable defensive tool, and useful for farming stuff as well. If you get jumped by a tough mob at an inconvenient time, you can get rid of him in one click. Very useful in hardcore.

Of course, you must first get close to the ettin to capture it...

*Take out his safari net* I challenge you to a Duel! Endermen i choose you! *watch the Endermen teleport away* hmm...draw?

Anesos

Jul 29, 2019
If you want to force it, make the change Blarg mentioned above (B:debugTickMain=true instead of false in HostileWorlds.cfg) and then have an OP or the console do "/hw invasion start" to force it to spawn. Of course that removes the randomness of the event, but that's up to how you want to play it. :)

Prominthore

Jul 29, 2019
If you want to force it, make the change Blarg mentioned above (B:debugTickMain=true instead of false in HostileWorlds.cfg) and then have an OP or the console do "/hw invasion start" to force it to spawn. Of course that removes the randomness of the event, but that's up to how you want to play it. :)
Awesome, thanks. I'm going to try that. It only take the randomness away from me, they wont know i forced the issue :p

kakas12345

Jul 29, 2019
Ok i started a new world... and i found a village with a villager with a 2 nourishing feasts with 1 emerald and there is a villager for 18 wheat for an emerald... thats cool,and i am in a village with sand clay and gravel :)

xcuad

Jul 29, 2019
Ok i started a new world... and i found a village with a villager with a 2 nourishing feasts with 1 emerald and there is a villager for 18 wheat for an emerald... thats cool,and i am in a village with sand clay and gravel :)
Dont be too close at night... Zombies and creepers attack structures kill the village

NunoAgapito

Jul 29, 2019
Dont be too close at night... Zombies and creepers attack structures kill the village
You are now responsible for the well being of the villagers!
Their safety is on you! If you care for them, move 8 chunks away and let them be unloaded!!! :p

Reactions: xcuad

Prominthore

Jul 29, 2019
Hey anyone know why I can't play LAN with my friends? I can host and run a server on my machine and join the server and play with them, but I cant just make a world and open it to LAN on my local internet. I'm on windows 8 (yeah i know) and they are on macs. They can LAN together and I can LAN with other windows users... Makes no sense, I can't find anything on the reason anywhere.

Eyamaz

Jul 29, 2019
Hey anyone know why I can't play LAN with my friends? I can host and run a server on my machine and join the server and play with them, but I cant just make a world and open it to LAN on my local internet. I'm on windows 8 (yeah i know) and they are on macs. They can LAN together and I can LAN with other windows users... Makes no sense, I can't find anything on the reason anywhere.

Unless this is specific to BnB, please direct this question to the support forums. If it is specific to BnB, then I have no clue.

Sim...

Jul 29, 2019
Basic automation with a tree farm to produce charcoal and with Witchery coming up it's time to go bush and grab some ingredients.

BloodnBloody Idiot #22 - Tech and Trek