Blood N Bones [Hardcore Survival]

Dodara87

Jul 29, 2019
Has anyone found a good way to create a trap now that mobs grief trapdoors? I've tried a few things but can't get anything that works well.
I make a 2 deep moat of flowing water that ends on a cactus. I lose the drops but it clears the mobs.

tetshio

Jul 29, 2019
First encounter with gas, was wondering what that hazy thing was, placed a torch. Next thing I know I'm running away. Base was overrun by zombies and creepers. Relocated and now I think I'm in a secure base made out of compressed cobble and dirt. At least that big monster disappeared.

t0woBEv.png

Dezil_nz

Jul 29, 2019
see all you people posting about these sky bases and best way to protect are thinking to small this is what a fortress should look like

ODjlXyL.jpg

this is a work in progress that wall i estimate at about 10000 blocks placed :)

Reactions: larae1929

tetshio

Jul 29, 2019
see all you people posting about these sky bases and best way to protect are thinking to small this is what a fortress should look like

ODjlXyL.jpg

Wow, what type of blocks did you put?

Just wanted to ask, I got alot of aluminum and copper but can't find tin.

Mikhaila666

Jul 29, 2019
Wow, what type of blocks did you put?

Just wanted to ask, I got alot of aluminum and copper but can't find tin.
That is a 4 thick wall, about 6 high, of stone bricks. Only needs 2 high along the waters edge. Dez and I lived in a cleared dungeon level for a couple of weeks, and had a hopper/furnace setup going constantly fed by wood, which got upgraded to add cyclic assembers to make the bricks and Igneous extruders for the cobble. Many barrels of stone bricks. But now we have a nice lit space to start building a town.

For scale, that circle at the top end of the pool is a rouge dungeon tower.

MarcNemesis

Jul 29, 2019
I'll watch for it but at this point not changing anything till I see it happen.

Would require a block logging program on top of changing the mob VI so that they target blocks at certain coordinates rather than a list of blocks. After all that coding I'd consider it it's own mod.

Aww. Well then, in that case i'll give thousands of virtual 0$ bill to the first person able to complete such a mod! ;D Yes you heard right! Thousand upon thousands! After which you can be either poor'er or richer then you were before ;p

silentrob

Jul 29, 2019
That is a 4 thick wall, about 6 high, of stone bricks. Only needs 2 high along the waters edge. Dez and I lived in a cleared dungeon level for a couple of weeks, and had a hopper/furnace setup going constantly fed by wood, which got upgraded to add cyclic assembers to make the bricks and Igneous extruders for the cobble. Many barrels of stone bricks. But now we have a nice lit space to start building a town.

For scale, that circle at the top end of the pool is a rouge dungeon tower.
This is why I want to find somewhere to play SMP. I'd love to get something like this going, but I can't imagine the time required to do all that alone.

Not to mention it'd just be fun to have people to collaborate with.

Stroam

Jul 29, 2019

ODjlXyL.jpg

wow, impressive. I've just got a question. Where's the invasion portal? No way you got that all up before an invasion portal. I assume your nether portal is in a room somewhere because you can't mine redstone before going to the nether. Your garden also seems small, but then I don't know how small of a garden you can get away with since I always make 4 9x9 gardens at the very least.

Last edited:

Mikhaila666

Jul 29, 2019
The building goes surprisingly fast. It's getting the materials that can take time. Last map I started a sandstone fortress in the desert. This meant a lot of gathering sand and sandstone that wasn't contributing to anything else. And was greatly helped along by pillaging two desert temples for the sandstone. We got it mostly finished before restarting the map last month, but it could be a pain. Stone brick is much easier. Early on, set up some chests to save your cobble. Take plastic bags to hold stacks, then work up to backpacks. Take a crafting table with you, and compress cobble to cut the weight. I usually make 8-12 furnaces at first, feed them with planks. Later, when i get to iron, and a falling axe, i set up hoppers for cobble, bricks, and fuel, and just have two furnaces always making bricks. When you get to a cobble gen, then it gets real easy.

I play on a couple of servers:

That build is on Bnb.lolnet.co.nz where Dez and I are playing. Dez owns the ftb servers on lolnet. No matter what modpack we are playing, we like to build large.

The other server i play on is the pledge server Eyamaz set up for people backing him on Pantreon. I'm doing a city in a redwood grove with the small buildings supported by tree trunks. Advantages: Wood for building material is plentiful. Mobs scream in fury just below me. Disadvantage: Fire, especially from lightning. I quickly learned that stonebrick slab roofs are sort of essential and to trim walkways in stone so i have an outline if i need to rebuild.[DOUBLEPOST=1402590669][/DOUBLEPOST]
wow, impressive. I've just got a question. Where's the invasion portal? No way you got that all up before an invasion portal.

Sadly, it's a server, so no invasion portal. HW is off by default.

But you don't need that big wall before an invasion. You live in someplace small. Make bricks, build the wall as you go. When it's complete you do the stuff inside. HW would add the twist of periodic visitors. Each building needs to be a bit up in the air. For the desert build we had an outer wall and courtyard. Then each building was on pillars.

Glassmaker

Jul 29, 2019
hrm...
this may be an issue with j8 and m3 period then. @Glassmaker
Not really Eyamaz, After more testing using the pack, it looks like that only zinc is using Java 7 MetaID in Java 8 (Silver ore) for ore generation, as generation of zinc was done by COFH custom generator,
while the others are using Java 8's MetaIDs for generation as they are using Metallurgy's generator.

Upon that, and Metallurgy 3 having different Meta ID in Java 7 and Java 8 I would recommend everyone to use Java 7 for playing Blood and Bones & Metallurgy 3.3.3 to avoid issues, that includes Single player and Multiplayer.

Changing to Java 7 while having both Java 7 & 8 installed is simpler than everyone thinks, all you have to do is add -version:"1.7" to the start of Additional Java parameters In the Launcher's Advance Options.

Eyamaz

Jul 29, 2019
Not really Eyamaz, After more testing using the pack, it looks like that only zinc is using Java 7 MetaID in Java 8 (Silver ore) for ore generation, as generation of zinc was done by COFH custom generator,
while the others are using Java 8's MetaIDs for generation as they are using Metallurgy's generator.

Upon that, and Metallurgy 3 having different Meta ID in Java 7 and Java 8 I would recommend everyone to use Java 7 for playing Blood and Bones & Metallurgy 3.3.3 to avoid issues, that includes Single player and Multiplayer.

Changing to Java 7 while having both Java 7 & 8 installed is simpler than everyone thinks, all you have to do is add -version:"1.7" to the start of Additional Java parameters In the Launcher's Advance Options.

So, I should downgrade? Cause the pack has 3.3.3.1 and 3.3.3.5 is slotted for the next update. Iirc.

The real difficulty is server hosting companies. Probably not going to get them to change java versions.

Edit: also has brass turn into platinum and nether ores also turn "one off" from what they should :(

Dezil_nz

Jul 29, 2019
This is why I want to find somewhere to play SMP. I'd love to get something like this going, but I can't imagine the time required to do all that alone.

Not to mention it'd just be fun to have people to collaborate with.
Could always come and play on our server if you can find a spot not to close but not to far away I would help with materials and want to do a road to another town/keep

Dezil_nz

Jul 29, 2019
So, I should downgrade? Cause the pack has 3.3.3.1 and 3.3.3.5 is slotted for the next update. Iirc.

The real difficulty is server hosting companies. Probably not going to get them to change java versions.

Edit: also has brass turn into platinum and nether ores also turn "one off" from what they should :(
Maybe check with people running servers, I'm lucky enough to own my hardware so this will not effect us but I'm not sure how many others are currently running servers

Glassmaker

Jul 29, 2019

Here is the thing,
Downgrading to 3.3.2 or making the MetaID static in the next release would ruin established worlds depending on which MetaID chosen. it could the Java 7 ones or the Java 8 ones.
I would prefer if it's the next update , as it would include bug fixes that are in 3.3.3.1 and 3.3.3.5.

Maybe check with people running servers, I'm lucky enough to own my hardware so this will not effect us but I'm not sure how many others are currently running servers

Yeah, but there are shared servers that you don't have control on Java version installed, I'm guessing this might be the majority of the SMP users are.